Not getting prof skill up?

90 Worgen Rogue
Yesterday I was fishing, caught several fish and then got the message "Your fishing skill has increased to 508. But I was already at 508.

This morning, my cooking was at 586. I made a Banquet of the Wok, which says it's worth 8 points (orange). My cooking is still at 586.

Is there a bug in the profs?
Edited by Fedjeen on 4/4/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
for cooking your skill is based on your Highest level Way, so if you had one way at 586, and then started a second way. your primary cooking skill wont go up but you'll gain points in that way and it will say your cooking skill has increased despite the fact the primary has not.

cant comment on the fishing. always can reset your ui to confirm its not a display issue.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Farming is screwed up today. I plowed up 2 virmen, killed them, and the dirt didn't respawn so I could till it. Had to relog twice to get it to show up. Then I plowed another row with 2 occupied soil and got 4 virmen. I disposed of them, tilled and planted, but even with cabbages growing, the soil still said 'occupied'.

Methinks the gremlins have invaded Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Farming is screwed up today. I plowed up 2 virmen, killed them, and the dirt didn't respawn so I could till it. Had to relog twice to get it to show up. Then I plowed another row with 2 occupied soil and got 4 virmen. I disposed of them, tilled and planted, but even with cabbages growing, the soil still said 'occupied'.

Methinks the gremlins have invaded Pandaria.

Have you reset your UI? Not just turned add-ons off, but done a complete reset? Sounds like it might be a cache issue....
Reply Quote
Fedjeen, as said above it's sounding like you need to completely reset your UI. Navigate to your wow folder. First log out of WoW. Once on your desktop you can then click start, computer, C:, Program files (x86), World Of Warcraft. Open that folder and move/or delete the Cache, Interface, and WTF files in your World of Warcraft folder.

If you decide to keep them, then you can just drag them to your desktop. Then rename them something like: WOWCache, WOWInterface, and WOWWTF....then restart your game. When you decide that it's nothing with the game itself causing the error you can then move everything back if you wish. However, you'll have to delete the new folders created. Change files back to their original names, and click replace and delete old file when prompted.

However, I suggest just simply opening the WOWInterface and then scroll down and simply move one addon at a time into your new Interface folder then logging back into WoW. This is to test the addons one at a time to see if the problem is recurring. If so, the addon moved most recently is probably the cause of your error.

Hope this helps OP, gl on getting it fixed.
Edited by Feralmel on 4/5/2013 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]