No longer playing WoW due to easy PvE content

91 Blood Elf Paladin
Before you start armory trolling me with the usual "you didn't even full clear the current tier on heroic" comments that people always make regarding criticism of PvE difficultly I'd like to make two things clear. One is that I quit playing WoW two or three months ago other then to log in for maybe an hour or so a month to talk to my guildies. Secondly and more importantly I'm fairly happy with the raid difficulty of normal modes in MoP. Normal and heroic modes are not the problem.

The problem for me is dailies, heroic mode dungeons and LFR. They are in my opinion some of the most brain dead content I have ever played in any game ever. Pacman on the Atari system was indefinitely more enjoyable in terms of challenge then dailies, heroic mode dungeons or LFR. And while the argument in favor of the faceroll difficulty of the entry level PvE content is that they are optional to not play any of them for a typical normal mode raider is optional in the same way that looting raid bosses is optional. You don't have to loot raid bosses your team kills but you are not doing yourself or any team dumb enough to run with you any favors by failing take the gear that is available.

When MoP came out I tried stay on top of dailies, dungeons and LFR and it burned me out completely. I tried to only log into raid and maybe run a heroic dungeon or LFR once in a while but I felt I was a liability to my team and had became the sort of raider who I normally wouldn't even recruit.

So I've stopped raiding, my groups raiders have mostly found spots in our guild's other teams and I am taking a break from WoW and enjoying other games. My free time is valuable to me and while I have more then enough time to sink twenty some hours a week into gaming I do not have enough time to spend doing content that offers no challenge or enjoyment. While I have no immediate plans to unsub I think it is fairly obvious that in the long term my subscription is in the "at risk" category. If I do leave I will have many good memories of the years spent playing this game however the current model is no longer holding my interest.

I have more to say but I'll stop (for now) before this turns into a wall of text too long for anyone to bother reading xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
See Title, check armory.

1 Will of the Emperor kill.

You might want to change your title from easy to tedious.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
1 Bronze CM complete.

1 Normal mode raid complete, outdated at that.

Male blood elf.

>Quitting because game is too easy.

Nastirr:
You might want to change your title from easy to tedious.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm fairly happy with the raid difficulty of normal modes in MoP

So I've stopped raiding

Seems to me that you've created your own problem then. You say you like raids ... but you don't raid, so you're not having fun.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I think he is more so saying he doesn't think that all the extra stuff you have to do to keep up with normal and eventually heroic raiding is worth doing(daily quests, daily heroic dungeon, LFRs). If you don't do these as a raider you are gimping your group intentionally.

I think the bigger issue is that he hasn't kept up with blizzard's comments on the matter, saying they realize this problem.

All I have to say to you Carathen is that you are missing out on an absolutely amazing raiding tier. If you can get past the initial surge of crap you need to do, it is worth it this time around.

Find dailies you don't mind doing and just do those every day. I find myself doing the first set of five daily quests for golden lotus each day, even though I have been exalted for months. They are just so stupid quick and easy. I almost never queue for LFR alone, this makes it much more tolerable. 5 mans, if I need them for the valor, fall into the same case. If you are getting burned out of those, try scenarios. They reward a good chunk of valor as well for not much time.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
This comes down to keeping as many people happy as possible. If you dont like the difficulty of lfr dont do it find a progression guild who shares a like mind and run them pure (by that i mean without any lfr gear what so ever like we did early cata and before)

And while the argument in favor of the faceroll difficulty of the entry level PvE content is that they are optional to not play any of them for a typical normal mode raider is optional in the same way that looting raid bosses is optional. You don't have to loot raid bosses your team kills but you are not doing yourself or any team dumb enough to run with you any favors by failing take the gear that is available.

You also dont have to raid normal or heroic content but you choose to so yes if you want to squeeze that extra few k of dps because you cant down a boss then its an easy way to gear but its far from forcing you to do it.

I have a healer who has never set foot in lfr and is still geared just from running msv and hof so dont try telling me it cant be done. if your guild wont take you because you wont run lfr id say its time to look for a new guild
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
OP did specifically say that raiding isn't the problem.

As for dailies... skip them? Well, you might want to poke them now and then, but the design intent was NEVER to make you do Klaxxi+GL+SP+Tillers+AC+OotCS every day. Nope.

There's not really a good solution for LFR besides going in with a large guild group. If you can supply 15 or more players that pay attention, it becomes a lot less agonizing. Remember it's not a single-player game. Even if you can only drag one or two friends in with you, do that, being able to facepalm and laugh off some of the stupidity does a lot to take the edge off it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/05/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Faradae
This comes down to keeping as many people happy as possible. If you dont like the difficulty of lfr dont do it

In order to be in a progression guild, you currently need to do all ToT wings on LFR as well in order to maximize how many secrets of the empire you can get. At least until that part of the questline is done.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If you don't like something, don't do it. The good of this game is still good. As long as normal/heroic raiding stays fun, I'll stay subscribed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
04/05/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Ovi
This comes down to keeping as many people happy as possible. If you dont like the difficulty of lfr dont do it

In order to be in a progression guild, you currently need to do all ToT wings on LFR as well in order to maximize how many secrets of the empire you can get. At least until that part of the questline is done.

You're not eligible to get secrets in both LFR and normal. Its either one or the other, so if you're 9/12 (or 3/12 or 6/12) you don't have to run all the LFRs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
We're 7/12 normal and we do have people for various reasons, whether it be not enough time or hate them (I don't know), don't always do dailies, clear everything on LFR, etc.

Is that part of the reason we aren't more progressed? Certainly, many others as well, but certainly one of them. But it's not stopping us from progressing at a reasonable pace. Everyone understands some aren't able to maximize progression and no one is singled out for it.

You can find a guild progressing through at a reasonable pace that also doesn't require you doing every other non-raid activity is my point if you care enough.
Edited by Zikx on 4/5/2013 8:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id
Game's fine as is. I'd rather do dailies than do the stupid dungeon /attunement grind that was the prevalent pain in Burning Crusade.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"the content designed to be easy is too easy"

We're done here, folks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You're not eligible to get secrets in both LFR and normal. Its either one or the other, so if you're 9/12 (or 3/12 or 6/12) you don't have to run all the LFRs.

Can anyone else confirm this? I may have just learned something to save me some headache :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id
04/05/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Ovi

Can anyone else confirm this? I may have just learned something to save me some headache :)

Confirmed, although it is nice to collect gear for an OS especially tier tokens and whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
04/05/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Ovi

Yes, though it doesn't stop the terrible RNG on them.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Game's fine as is. I'd rather do dailies than do the stupid dungeon /attunement grind that was the prevalent pain in Burning Crusade.

The dungeon attunement could be over in a week... maybe two depending on how fast you got rep from the violet eye. DAILY'S NEVER END, and thanks to the need for lesser charms and not VP capping (for odd patches with iLvl upgrades), you kind of are forced to run them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
8/10 You're getting quite a few bites.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Bye.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
The problem for me is dailies, heroic mode dungeons and LFR. They are in my opinion some of the most brain dead content I have ever played in any game ever.

Sooo... don't do them?

I went on a dailies strike a while back, for a while. Refused to do them, because I got too burned out. I went about my usual way of having fun - running old raids to get more transmog stuff, leveling alts, working on professions, etc.

Now, I do run dailies semi regularly. It is a *lot* more fun, and quicker, running them with a group of guildies. Same thing goes for heroics - get a group of guildies together, chain pull the entire place, be done in no time at all.

It kind of seems more like you are just giving up without actually looking for solutions that are easy to come by. To each their own, I suppose.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]