Starfall hitting mobs not in combat

100 Night Elf Druid
Is anyone else getting a bit tired of Starfall targeting every mob near you that's in combat with anything, even other players? I particularly love it when I'm questing in Isle of Thunder and someone trains a bunch of mobs past me, leading to a lot of unwanted "friends".

As cool and unique as this spell is, it's all too easy to get griefed with it, either deliberately or accidentally. I'd frankly rather it only target mobs that I'm actually in combat with. Anyone else? Maybe for PvP it can keep its current behavior, but in PvE I feel like it's painting me with a big "Train Mobs On The Moonkin" sign.
Edited by Lealla on 4/5/2013 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Also annoying on the initial trash in ToT when you're trying to only clear up one side, and Starfall pulls in mobs from the other side. I thought I read about it being fixed some time ago to not hit mobs that were CC'd or not in combat, has that been reverted?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/05/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Autumni
Also annoying on the initial trash in ToT when you're trying to only clear up one side, and Starfall pulls in mobs from the other side.

Alot of the time that happens to me, it really isn't Starfall itself that pulls. What happens is someone else engages those mobs in combat, and only then does Starfall strike those mobs and cause them to come running to you. For all the world it'll look like Starfall was what pulled, but alot of the time now it isn't the real culprit.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Guess what I do?
I clean up all those pulls gone wrong, attract every possible mob in the area, and then heal the wounded. I really need to get paid for this.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Any time mobs are in combat, it will hit them, regardless of what they're in combat with. In addition to Throne of Thunder, I've noticed this in particular happening in Scarlet Monastery. In the graveyard area, Scarlet Crusaders are fighting undead, and Starfall aggroes them if I cast it there. In the cathedral area, it loves to target the training dummies, which really makes me want to facepalm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Still better than Wrath starfall where it could pull things through walls and even layers of the instance.
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Druid
04/06/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Lealla
Any time mobs are in combat, it will hit them, regardless of what they're in combat with.

This is what I've noticed too. The tooltip on starfall clearly says: "enemies that you are in combat with" but unfortunately the engine can't seem to tell which mobs are in combat in general against which mobs you specifically are in combat with.

Still better than Wrath starfall where it could pull things through walls and even layers of the instance

hahahah starfall on release was so amazing. it was ridiculously overpowered because it had that chance to stun too. and yes in raids I would never ever use it unless it was a boss fight in a massive room where i was sure i would only hit the boss. i couldnt even stand near the doors into the boss fight because it would pull mobs outside of it into the fight.

EDIT: also i've noticed it'll hit alliance regardless, which really makes me look like a douche when im just trying to help kill a rare, or i'm questing and they happen to walk by me
Edited by Balancer on 4/7/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Starfall should have been fixed in 5.2 saying that nothing will be hit if unless you have it in combat I have had no problems since the beginning of 5.1. Make sure that you are not knocking back targets and whatnot, that couldve caused the problem. Or an accidental tab moonfire or something to pull the mob
Reply Quote
I've noticed it not hitting nearby yellow mobs, but I'm careful about popping it near red ones.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Still better than Wrath starfall where it could pull things through walls and even layers of the instance.

Haha yeah. What was it, ICC somewhere where starfall would aggro mobs in the room below?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
04/08/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Autumni

Haha yeah. What was it, ICC somewhere where starfall would aggro mobs in the room below?
It wasn't ICC, we were climbing the tower so there weren't any mobs below. It did love to pull all the mobs in the first room though, and if you weren't positioned right on marrowgar it would pull adds in from the first room.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]