after 5.2 is the resto druid solid?

90 Worgen Druid
Druid healing right now is fine, and may be almost OP. The only 2 changes I would like to see are the range of swiftmend/efforvesence to be increased, it's too small now and for wild mushrooms to have a similar increase, or better yet, let you put them ON a specific target and then have them go off with an aoe heal.

The reason druids are looking so bad in the meters is because of mechanics. Absorbs just WRECK us. Our healing output is insane, but it goes mostly to overheals if there is a pally or priest in the raid. It sucks, but unless blizzard totally re-designs the mechanics or gives hots some percentage of overheal as an absorb, then we will always suffer on the meters. Buffing us just increases overheals and that's about it.

If you want proof, wait for a boss fight where the priest(s) and pally(s) do something stupid and die and let you rock out. Those meters usually look beautiful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Output is great, but its still getting sniped constantly by Absorbs. I will say that I still tend to have mana problems if the raid has an emergency moment I can very quickly drain my mana trying to catch up. I'm not always sure what to do when that happens.

For example, we (priest and I) are 2 healing council, and sometimes during a transition with some sand, charging, and arctic frosts going on we can have moments where it feels chaotic and I just blow a ton of mana on rejuvs and whatnot.

Same thing can happen on Horridon on some of the doors.

Council is where I really feel the stress though.
Edited by Katzfiel on 4/10/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
you logged out in your boomkin gear so it's hard to see what you did with re-forges and gemming. The rule I go by is if I am overhealing a lot, I drop things like mastery, crit and int and boost spirit. Even so far as replacing an int trinket with a spirit one. Adding more mastery or int when you are already overhealing is just a total waste of time and effort.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I still think our worst days were in Dragon Soul. T14 and 15 have placed resto druids in a pretty okay spot.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I think putting mushrooms as 1 GCD, increasing the heal radius from 8 yards to like 30-40 and decreasing the amount it takes to charge would solve a lot. It would be a viable raid wide heal and not as clunky.

My thoughts exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I still think our worst days were in Dragon Soul. T14 and 15 have placed resto druids in a pretty okay spot.

LOL!

In Dragon Soul I was beating the holy pally, and we were always *so close* in heals!
In T14 - I got completely destroyed by his HPS.
Now in T15 - i'm closer. Some fights I can come in top over him and a disc priest, other fights I am mid or last. It's more balanced then T14 tho, thankfully.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/11/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Xiata

LOL!

In Dragon Soul I was beating the holy pally, and we were always *so close* in heals!
In T14 - I got completely destroyed by his HPS.
Now in T15 - i'm closer. Some fights I can come in top over him and a disc priest, other fights I am mid or last. It's more balanced then T14 tho, thankfully.

T13 was the most unfriendly druid tier in recent years. We had the worst set bonuses, we were gimped on high item level gear from Spine, every fight was stacked AoE fights, and all of this in the wake of the WG nerfs.

Healing became more of a "Swiftmend the feral druid/resto shaman for enhanced Eff healing, or you'll start lagging behind healers in every fight". It was really dreadful.

We were really only bad in t14 during MSV progression when we didn't have our set bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Im only 12/12 N and 1/12 H, so take my input with a grain of salt...

I dont think any encounters in this tier exploit our weaknesses too heavily...I find myself enjoying restoration as much as I ever have. I dont often have to compete for HPS because my guild has 2 heald every fight so far (my partner is disc). We're always within a few % of each other, and have even ranked on a few fights. Restoration is good at what it does, you just need good partners to capitalize on their strengths! Bubbles and HoTs will always be a good combo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Druid healing like any other its got it down points...maybe your gears just needing a bit higher item level ...at 497 I had hard haste cap and loved it! Im now 503 and cant seem to get my stats back and cant theroy craft but Im still top heals ...if all else fails go spirit until your comfy then hit haste hard
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I wouldn't mind seeing Wild Mushrooms changed to just one Shroom with a 40 yard radius. Where it could be moved, but loose half it's current charge, for doing so. I don't think this would be OP, but rather more effective in mobile fights, which most are, IMO.
Edited by Maytor on 4/25/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/25/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Letsdewuid
maybe your gears just needing a bit higher item level

I think you missed the memo - we don't scale with gear like other classes do.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Scaling is definitely a problem, you can use my gear for reference.

Currently I am about ~100 over the BP for haste, but can not reforge any more off. I am now forced to either:

1. Go to the next haste BP, losing approximately 3000 mastery, which is suboptimal.

2. Use more crit/mastery gear.

#2 is dependent on drops, and resorting to crit gear to shed haste is a tough choice.

#1 may be an increasingly valid option with more haste centered gear-set, but in the short term would force you to drop lots of mastery. In the end, I have my doubts on it being superior to a full mastery oriented set of gear, even when every last bit of BIS haste gear is obtained.

Anyway, it is a funky position to be in, RNG is RNG on drops, and there is definitely no clear path forward that I think could fall under the classification "scales well".
Edited by Fangthorn on 4/26/2013 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would love to see the T14 4 set bonus built in, because with Soul of The Forest I like Swiftmend lining up with Wild Growth

Ever since i lost t14 set bonus sotf is very clunky and seems un-viable compared to incarnation.

The incorporation of t14 set bonus does not seem like a huge ask.

Imo blizz should change glyph of healing touch to also work with regrowth, this potentially allow us to reduce the cd of swiftmend down to match wild growth. No self respecting resto druid uses healing touch or the glyph of healing touch currently.

Either that or add a glyph of swiftmend reducing swiftmend's cd by 3-4 seconds. Hell id take a huge heal nerf on swiftmend to allow it to align with glyphed wild growth, glyphed or not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's true that the content this tier is really really awesome. I have some personal qualms about the balancing with healers, but the content itself is amazingly well made.

Is this really still the newer developers work? If so, damn you guys did good!

On topic, I think the newer changes that make efflor cover more than 50% more area is a nice change for loose stacking. It seems like a fantastic change especially for 25m on melee and other similar situations. The mushrooms were a needed change, since this change will make them very viable even with just 1 of them hitting a group of people. The area they can cover is a massive one, and now with charge on them, 1 shroom can probably get someone up about 60% of their health (if I've understood the % buff implemented correctly).

Tranq for 25m was a change that was needed eons ago, and I'm glad they're able to see the difference in concept vs aoe mitigation or +heal raid cooldowns.

Efflor that's the size of healing rain?? Nice!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I either find resto druids that are godly and shine on fights like Amber shaper, or pheromone healing on garalon, or a fight like Council in ToT.

Or ones that have no mana, and no healing done other than to themselves drooling in the corner.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I either find resto druids that are godly and shine on fights like Amber shaper, or pheromone healing on garalon, or a fight like Council in ToT.

Like anyone cares about old content and Rdruids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]