PVP gems

90 Orc Hunter
Simple question, I cant find a good guide online for this. I didnt play in 5.0/5.1 that much, but ive been playing heavily in 5.2.

Basically, im confused on my blue gems. I have gem'd for PVP power on my blues, but a lot of people at 1700+ rating all want people at 7k resil or higher. I am at 6.9 and am wondering if PVP resil gems are better to gem than PVP power gems.

THis may be a dumb question, but I use the add-on oqeue and every time i try to find a group people dont think I have proper gear when I have 4 pieces of tyran. kind of weird when im fully geared......

lemme know, click on my name if you need to see how im gem'd.

thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Pretty sure a couple of gems could be swapped out for PvP gems. Other than that, you have over 8K resil and enough power. Some guys think everything should be resil, in which case, chest enchant could go to 200 resil. I prefer to gem power, even knowing the math is not on my side. Gave up 3-4% resil for 10% power..sitting at 57%.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You're doing about 6% more damage but you're also taking about 15% more damage at ~63% resilience than you would at 68%. Power is ok if you're not getting focused, but it will get you killed if you are.
Reply Quote
not that your resil matters your dead in a stun anyhow
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
That's a 13.6% dmg. If you're not playing with healers, sure, that can help you. But as a dps you're not doing the dmg you could be.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
That's a 13.6% dmg. If you're not playing with healers, sure, that can help you. But as a dps you're not doing the dmg you could be.

Even playing with healers you can get one shot in a deep freeze, coordinated burst is absurd right now. Not gemming resil where possible is naive.

red slots = resil/agi
yellow slots = resil
blue slots = resil/pvp power

I'm not sure what you mean by this, as it's precisely the reason why resil does matter.
Edited by Violin on 4/8/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I just came here to say that I love your name, Violin.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Resil. Any pvper should gem as much resil as possible. Period.

Lots claim power or agility is better, hey bro more dmg!, but that is noob talk and will only get you killed very very quickly.

It's not even an opinion at this point, the math has been done, the numbers show resil as the most effective stat by a large margin.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I just came here to say that I love your name, Violin.

<3 Thank you kindly.
Reply Quote
brb 350k powershot on plate

jk but yes im loving power on my bg toon. 65% res 60% power, 73% power under RF.

72% pvp-powered powershots into blink strike kill commands is taking most classes 100%-0 in no more than 3 gcds
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/08/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Violin

Even playing with healers you can get one shot in a deep freeze, coordinated burst is absurd right now. Not gemming resil where possible is naive.

red slots = resil/agi
yellow slots = resil
blue slots = resil/pvp power

I'm not sure what you mean by this, as it's precisely the reason why resil does matter.

The pretty much says it all. You can't deal damage if your dead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Resil. Any pvper should gem as much resil as possible. Period.

Lots claim power or agility is better, hey bro more dmg!, but that is noob talk and will only get you killed very very quickly.

It's not even an opinion at this point, the math has been done, the numbers show resil as the most effective stat by a large margin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]