We Ate Too Much: Intermission (Healer OT)

100 Blood Elf Mage
Well, it is a buff to "spread" "healing" I suppose.
90 Pandaren Priest
GC responded:

Tooltip fix. No change to power.
100 Blood Elf Mage
GC responded:

Tooltip fix. No change to power.

That's for PW:S, right?
90 Pandaren Priest
GC responded:

That's for PW:S, right?

yeah, but the formula still doesn't work.
90 Night Elf Priest
I know twitter has a char limit, but seriously. How hard is it to be lean but concise?
90 Pandaren Priest
I know twitter has a char limit, but seriously. How hard is it to be lean but concise?

What do you mean?
90 Night Elf Priest
04/09/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Tiriel

What do you mean?

Like the PoH tweet, about changing groups for "credit" was very non-descript. I'm at work, but I could pull examples later.

I don't know, it may just be me, but I don't 160 characters is enough to "update" us on information quite often. Just that it puts a limit, yes, but sometimes it leaves too much to the imagination.

Is that, on purpose or a by product of the medium?

I'm genuinely curious.
90 Pandaren Priest
I didn't see the PoH tweet. could you point me at it?
90 Night Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568987942

Here's the post here about it ...^

I can't get on twitter on work, and I think it may have fallen off the MMO champ front page.
100 Blood Elf Mage
I think it may be poorly thought out to get rid of groups. It's actually a very convenient way of assigning people to specific roles or positions within a room raiding. It's also sometimes a convenient way of assigning heal / dispel targets. If there are no groups, would the relative position of raid members look different on everyone's raid frames?
90 Draenei Priest

I'm genuinely curious.

Probably both. While Twitter is limited, he could type up a more complete response and split it between 2-3 tweets.
However, without going into too much detail I've been in a similar PR position before. If you give out information in great detail, then for whatever reason you don't follow through with any one of those details you get ripped apart. And if you give out no info at all you get accused of not doing your job. Make any kind of minor change (even if you weren't the one to make the change) and people scream breach of contract and threaten lawsuits.

It gets exceedingly tedious, and it's simply easier to give answers that are intentionally vague.

edit - I just saw someone in game. Level 90 using a 463 weapon. With the Fiery Enchant.
Edited by Vhalan on 4/9/2013 1:27 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest

I'm genuinely curious.

Probably both. While Twitter is limited, he could type up a more complete response and split it between 2-3 tweets.
However, without going into too much detail I've been in a similar PR position before. If you give out information in great detail, then for whatever reason you don't follow through with any one of those details you get ripped apart. And if you give out no info at all you get accused of not doing your job. Make any kind of minor change (even if you weren't the one to make the change) and people scream breach of contract and threaten lawsuits.

It gets exceedingly tedious, and it's simply easier to give answers that are intentionally vague.

edit - I just saw someone in game. Level 90 using a 463 weapon. With the Fiery Enchant.

Hmm, I figured as much. I didnt want to just assume, however. I don't deal with front end interaction in my company. Thank the gods (or whoever you make a habit of thanking)
90 Draenei Shaman

yeah

and a buff to healing-on-the-move

and given the resto shammy T15, it's an even more substantial buff (for the duration of this tier's gear) than the patch notes themselves represent.
Edited by Ellarix on 4/9/2013 1:48 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
given the resto shammy T15, it's an even more substantial buff (for the duration of this tier's gear) than the patch notes themselves represent.

Oh crap, I hadn't even thought about that.
90 Night Elf Druid
It's a pacifier, nothing else.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
pacifiers. I used to have one of those when i was a kid
90 Pandaren Priest
04/09/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Ellarix

yeah

and given the resto shammy T15, it's an even more substantial buff (for the duration of this tier's gear) than the patch notes themselves represent.

Nope, he confirmed it's a tooltip correction to HST, and no actual buff is taking place. :-\
90 Night Elf Druid

You put them in a babys mouth to stop them from crying. Seemed like an appropriate analogy.
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/09/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Tiriel

yeah

Nope, he confirmed it's a tooltip correction to HST, and no actual buff is taking place. :-\

Oh, good. Ty Tiriel.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/09/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Sadiemay

You put them in a babys mouth to stop them from crying. Seemed like an appropriate analogy.

My father's method worked so much better - I wish these game companies would follow that example, instead of just using the pacifier.

Riôt
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]