Superman Vs Goku

90 Worgen Death Knight
Here is the answer to the age old question!!

http://nateblue.deviantart.com/art/superman-vs-goku-120391670
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well first of all Goku isn't real so the clear winner is Super Man.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Of course I am ;)

TROLL WIN!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

wat

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4v664FJEV1qctc81o1_1280.jpg
Reply Quote
75 Night Elf Rogue
I don't agree with the outcome, but this seemed relevant....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA
Reply Quote

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but super man is as real as goku! which is to say, not real.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
Has anyone seen Screwattack's 'Goku vs. Superman' matchup? There was obviously some favoritism going on there.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
I am more a Dragonball Z fan but I thought from the beginning that Superman would win...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I'll leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM
Reply Quote
Of course superman wins. When you make a character that is completely overpowered and invulnerable to anything how can you even suggest a comparison between the two? Goku may be super strong in his story, but in context he is flesh and blood and bleeds just like everyone else. I mean he even dies at the beginning of dragonball z lol.

Superman might win cos of his opness but Goku is just a better character in general. F**k superman.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Of course superman wins. When you make a character that is completely overpowered and invulnerable to anything how can you even suggest a comparison between the two? Goku may be super strong in his story, but in context he is flesh and blood and bleeds just like everyone else. I mean he even dies at the beginning of dragonball z lol.

Superman might win cos of his opness but Goku is just a better character in general. F**k superman.

Goku dies a lot. Not just in the beginning of Z, he dies several more times. You can't really be serious in suggesting that there is more depth of character in Goku than in Superman. Superman may be overpowered, but the writers are still able to give him situations in which his powers don't matter or there si something that takes away his powers, or there is something strong enough to hurt/kill him.

Goku is pretty much summed up in this manner: really strong guy -> finds out he's not strong enough -> train a bunch -> fight the big bad -> at this point either a) surprise, big bad is stronger than Goku thought, but that's ok, Goku learns a new SSJ transformation or b) surprise, big bad is stronger than Goku and kills him (again)

Don't get me wrong, I like DBZ, and I even liked GT, but the entertainment value isn't exactly in the depth of story, it's more in the humor and action
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
You can't really be serious in suggesting that there is more depth of character in Goku than in Superman

Maybe not Goku. He's practically Clark Kent set in the Dragon Ball universe. Both Superman and Goku are flat as characters. But there is one thing that Goku has over Superman in personality, and that's that he has a good sense of humor and loves to eat. In fact, I would actually say that Goku is more interesting, because he's the type of character who always prevails and reaches the highest levels of power, despite being a complete doofus. You could say that gives him an extra layer over Superman.

Characters like Vegeta, Piccolo, and Trunks have more depth than Superman or Goku though, as they change as the story goes on. Superman and Goku are the main characters, but they're what are called 'static' characters, because, while the story focuses on them primarily, their personalities never shift or change over the course of the story.

Don't get me wrong, I like DBZ, and I even liked GT, but the entertainment value isn't exactly in the depth of story, it's more in the humor and action

Toriyama never liked writing serious stories, so when fans demanded that it continue, he made it more action-oriented to please them. If he cared more about story, he probably would have wrote it better, and it's possible that it would never have been met with the heavy criticism for the story in turn. When you think about it, each saga has the right story elements to have the potential to be great, but the series format just doesn't have room for spending too much time on it as it's very action-based. Personally, I still think it's a lot better than most American action cartoons.
Reply Quote
05/13/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Nethekurse
You can't really be serious in suggesting that there is more depth of character in Goku than in Superman

Maybe not Goku. He's practically Clark Kent set in the Dragon Ball universe. Both Superman and Goku are flat as characters. But there is one thing that Goku has over Superman in personality, and that's that he has a good sense of humor and loves to eat. In fact, I would actually say that Goku is more interesting, because he's the type of character who always prevails and reaches the highest levels of power, despite being a complete doofus. You could say that gives him an extra layer over Superman.

Characters like Vegeta, Piccolo, and Trunks have more depth than Superman or Goku though, as they change as the story goes on. Superman and Goku are the main characters, but they're what are called 'static' characters, because, while the story focuses on them primarily, their personalities never shift or change over the course of the story.

Toriyama never liked writing serious stories, so when fans demanded that it continue, he made it more action-oriented to please them. If he cared more about story, he probably would have wrote it better, and it's possible that it would never have been met with the heavy criticism for the story in turn. When you think about it, each saga has the right story elements to have the potential to be great, but the series format just doesn't have room for spending too much time on it as it's very action-based. Personally, I still think it's a lot better than most American action cartoons.

What are you talking about? Goku changes a hell of a lot over time. He starts off as a kid for crying out loud... He learns of his saiyan heritage, becomes a super saiyan, has children, becomes the worlds strongest fighter... how is there any less depth there than vegeta or piccolo?

But we are talking about a pure battle here between goku and superman. Superman really can't lose to anyone when you look at it flatly. That makes him crap in my book. Batman vs superman? Spiderman vs superman? Vegeta vs superman? Goku vs superman? Doesn't matter, man of steel. GG.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Goku wins because Muffin button.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Has anyone seen Screwattack's 'Goku vs. Superman' matchup? There was obviously some favoritism going on there.

*facepalm* They actually admit that they prefered Goku over Superman and that Superman only one due to lazy writing and the rule of "No 3rd Party support on EITHER side"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]