Least favorite raid mechanic ever?

90 Goblin Hunter
We know everyone is complaining about Durumu's maze of happiness ATM, so what is in your opinion the worst raid mechanic ever designed?

Mine is, Spinning Turtles. Whoever designed that must've tried thinking of the most annoying mechanic ever. Instead of making them do lots of damage, they do damage and just keep launching you in the air. So annoying. And frustrating (yes, this is somewhat ironic coming from a hunter)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nothing, nothing beats Unchained Magic for a terrible mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hide.

Seriously, I think of my 5 year old cousin when fighting Lei Shi.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Getting Rhyolith to turn was easily my least favorite mechanic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Turtles is interesting because they have actually followed a suggestion that has been put forward a number of times. If dps don't do what they are supposed to (kill turtles) it harms their dps.

Of course what in fact happens at the lfr level is 6-9 turtles are running around the healers get interrupted and lose tanks and its once again its a wipe to "healer" failure.

Personally I am not a fan of the hard enrage. Its just such a lazy way of designing things.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As well as Rhyolith and Unchained Magic already mentioned:

• Shannox spawn method
  • Baleroc healing
  • Ulduar-style hardmode activations. E.g. kill XT's heart in time.. Whoa batman, completely different fight now begins
  • Any mechanic where 1 person can wipe a 25man raid.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
In Ulduar, Hodir's "Biting Cold":

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, whose only instant-cast spell at the time was Holy Shock.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Lei-Shi's Pushback, Lei-Shen's Violent Winds. Kil'Jaeden's cunning must be a reaaaaaaaaaal nice spell.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
If you stand in place and cast heals, you take increasing damage until you die. Healing that with two holy pallies and a resto druid (on 10-man) was torture on the paladins, whose only instant-cast spell at the time was Holy Shock.

Campfires allowed you to stand still, they were up for 3/4s of the encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Anything that is a % damage buff.
Edited by Meleti on 4/8/2013 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

Biting Cold
Deals increasing periodic damage to stationary enemies. Movement diminishes this effect.

But you could circumvent it by standing by the NPC Mage's fire, and the healers didnt really need to run around for the lightning buff anyways
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The disease mechanic from Heroic Putricide. Can't remember the name of the disease that you pass from person to person, but hated organizing that and keeping track of it.
Edited by Barbo on 4/8/2013 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
The disease mechanic from Heroic Putricide. Can't remember the name of the disease that you pass from person to person, but hated organizing that and keeping track of it.

Unbound Plague
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id

Biting Cold

Stand near the Cozy Fire. Next plz.

Most annoying mechanic would go to LFR Durumu's yellow beam pre-nerf. Honestly, a beam that spins SLOWLY around his stage and only revealed the appropriate color add for a brief moment? That had to be hands down the worst mechanic ever.
Edited by Arilith on 4/8/2013 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
Blood Mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDYYWbAzd4
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't think it has been used on a boss yet, but smoke bomb is the most irritating ability I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already. Maybe if it was more responsive it wouldn't be so bad, but half the time you can be standing in the cloud basically on top of your target and still not be able to cast anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Reshape Life.

Hands down.

Bar none.

Next question.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Naxx 40 being able to be ported into the hallway literally 2 seconds before the Heigan dance.

Oh and the 2 arcane resist tanks on old High Astromancer Solarian was pretty stupid as well, but at least it didn't cause headaches.
Edited by Trivi on 4/9/2013 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sindragosa!

I hate that fight with a passion. Making a healer not heal is pure torture.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]