Least favorite raid mechanic ever?

90 Dwarf Hunter
Personally I am not a fan of the hard enrage

I've always kind of preferred gib enrages than kitable things.

Ulduar-style hardmode activations. E.g. kill XT's heart in time.. Whoa batman, completely different fight now begins

The only hard mode I didn't like was Hodir because if you miss by a fraction of a second you can't reset. Otherwise I liked the concept of doing things differently and making it a different fight.

Least favorite is easily any resistance fight. Whether it be as bad as Huhuran or I hated doing fights in gear completely specific for that fight that will so terrible you have no reason for it at all. Doing a fight with magic damage is one thing, making the fight so you effectively NEED resistances to do it was terrible and never should have made it to BC.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Excessive RNG dependence. Randomness isn't intrinsically bad. It's only bad when the difference between a straightforward fight and an unkillable one essentially comes down to a coin toss. See H Spirit Kings before they fixed the order.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
04/08/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Molarity
Hide.

I almost forgot about that. Hide + Bubble + Push made that boss very annoying to fight. Too many defensive abilities for my taste. Wanna attack boss...oops bubbled. Okay now we can, nope hiding.

Though my worst is still Eye of Eternity. Malygos phase 3, surprise you are on a vehicle. Even after practicing that with the daily it was still a pain to get used too. To be fair Amber-shaper did this a little better with the vehicle abilities being simpler. I actually love vehicles though. I really enjoyed Flame Leviathan in Ulduar! But if it is a vehicle fight give me a vehicle and don't surprise me with it halfway through!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Though my worst is still Eye of Eternity. Malygos phase 3, surprise you are on a vehicle. Even after practicing that with the daily it was still a pain to get used too. To be fair Amber-shaper did this a little better with the vehicle abilities being simpler.

Wait.

Amber Shaper's timed 1, 1, 2, then hit 4 is simpler than Malygos' 112 spam in your eyes?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
#1 M'uru's Dark Fiends. Purge/dispel or die. Did you get resisted? Screw you!

#2 Archimond's Air Burst + Soul Charge upon a raid member dying. Did one of your raid members have a second of lag? Screw you! Yes, I hated this combination more than I hated his fire.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
A special note as well to heroic V&T, needing (or very close to it) a sub rogue to kill because of the twilight zone should never happen, needing a specific class for a fight shouldn't happen in 10m
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Personally I am not a fan of the hard enrage. Its just such a lazy way of designing things.

^This so very much. My group has never had a DPS issue this expansion, which means fights with hard enrage timers feel boring and undertuned.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
ultraxion as a dps

hey, heres a button to see if you still have a pulse.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
[quote]In Ulduar, Hodir's "Biting Cold":

But you could circumvent it by standing by the NPC Mage's fire, and the healers didnt really need to run around for the lightning buff anyways
Everyone keeps saying this, but casters crowding around those stupid campfires meant there was a constant barrage of ice falling in that spot, so you still had to move constantly.

My all-time most hated mechanic was more vague: when you required hit rating to taunt successfully. Festergut and Saurfang in ICC... hate you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Driving Rhyolith was worst for me by a mile.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/09/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Krankheit
Personally I am not a fan of the hard enrage. Its just such a lazy way of designing things.

^This so very much. My group has never had a DPS issue this expansion, which means fights with hard enrage timers feel boring and undertuned.

I've always felt that hard enrages had the potential to make a fight incredibly exciting or incredibly "meh." My first Heroic Gara'Jal kill was one of my most exciting wow moments.

I'll echo Lei Shi's hide as one of my least favorite mechanics. I played a warlock in DS, and plate lift on spine was the bane of my existence. God, I hated that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Leo the Blind's inner demon ability or whatever it was called. Doing that as a healer before the spell damage change was a nightmare. After the change, it was easy though.

Other than that.......Sindragosa in general.
Edited by Kuruption on 4/9/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
ANYTHING that involves Vehicles!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I haven't raided for very long but I hate Stone Guard with a passion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Nothing, nothing beats Unchained Magic for a terrible mechanic.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I actually kinda liked Hodir.

I'll say any fight that ignores threat tables. I'm fine with threat wipes, and even with mobs that do a fixate, but mobs that have no threat table at all and just dance around willy nilly bug the living crap out of me.

Mostly, I'm thinking of the stupid arena-pvp-style fight in ToC.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
oh, how could i forget rhyolith.

haha! have fun steering this guy if you can, while RNG volcanos show up!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I always told my group driving H rhyolith was the worst 5-25 minutes of my week. One player asked if it was worse than walking into work 9 AM Monday morning. It was so much worse.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
The suppression room.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Getting Rhyolith to turn was easily my least favorite mechanic.

It's this.

It's thissssssss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]