Realm isn't quite as dead as it would appear

90 Pandaren Hunter
So, SC hasn't really been known for its prowess in content clearing capabilities, but it IS indeed a rather fun server. Socially, old content farming, endgame(channel) etc....

We joke a lot about how the realm is dead and miserable yadda yadda.. however there is quite a bit of potential here that is begging to be put to use. I understand many people remain in their guilds as they have been there forever, or don't want to cause drama, or whatever reason... even though they are capable of seeing much more than their current raid team allows them to. What if you could remain guilded, if you so desire to be with those friends/family, while having at least one of your characters get to experience current content?

I'm just tossing this out there, because I'm tired of seeing nothing happen on this realm, when I know we have enough talent to pull off a couple 10mans. If anybody feels they are good enough, and have the drive to push through content, I'd be happy to setup a team or team(s) to do so. Strange post I know... and I'm taking a shot in the dark here (yay huntard shoots blindly) but I have a feeling there ARE more than enough out there to do this. Guild members who get upset about this type of thing because they are not included, you are honestly guilt-tripping people out of missing so much fun... as well as educational experience to bring back to the guild.

I'm not saying "ERRBODEH G-QUIT AND JOIN MEH!" I'm simply saying, I'm on this realm because I cannot make most raid times, and work requires me to focus on that and I'm not the only person. I'd be looking for more late night (11pmEST or so, 2-3 nights a week) I'm not even looking for hardcore HM content.. but what I am looking for are the many individuals out there who are pulling more than their weight in raids that aren't going anywhere and would like to possibly join an organized PuG to clear at least the normal modes. So many players here have more than enough of the gearscore, and can't seem to get past 1-2 bosses into current progression. I'd like to change that.

If anything, it will allow some strats to bring back to your guilds, get some contacts for fillers if needed in the future, and actually have fun raiding again. (shh..don't tell people I want an actual community back, and for people to work together)

It's also 5:30am and I'm over tired, but ge golly gosh darn it SC I believe in you... so the next move is on you. trolls, anger monkies, people who can't make the cut and whiners go to town on this post all you'd like. I'm simply trying to get this realm active again and I cannot do it alone. I KNOW that there are quite a few of you out there feeling the same, so I'm offering to get this party started.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
25 man raids are very much alive and well on Scarlet Crusade. Mischief has been having a ton of fun with them over the last several weeks. We are also ramping up our PvP, interests as well. So do not let anyone tell you that Scarlet Crusade is dying.

While we don't raid as late as you would like, we do have plenty of members who stay on fairly late, and who have alts that may need a bit of raiding love as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm fairly certain that this post isn't so much asking for people's alts to raid, but rather asking for peoples mains who want to go through normal modes once or twice to burst through the content and to bring that knowledge back to their own guilds in order to help them progress. The question isn't whether or not raids are alive and well ("alive" yes, "well" debateable) but rather asking for skilled individuals who are decent to help put our server a little bit higher in the rankings.

Which is a great idea I might add.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
^

Also thank you for those who are interested. Very much looking forward to this attempt at getting SC some raiding going again.

Again, if your mains, or alts if mains have obligations/commitments, are around 500 ilvl and you'd like to actually see non LFR content we want you.
Reply Quote
80 Human Rogue
I hope you have a impact Pathere because this server is a sorry version of its vanilla days. When I started playing on this server shortly after launch it was high pop and lag ridden in Ironforge but SC has been slowly dieing the last few years. Last I looked this server was ranked 212 out of the 244 US servers in PVE progression.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I assume your ranking is from the WoW Progress site, Klas?

We're ranked fairly low, yet we have a larger population of active 90s than many other higher ranked servers on the list. Whatever the reason for server inactivity, it isn't population size.

I think part of the reason is that some of the more outgoing people, the people who know how to bring other people together and get things done, have left. Either their guilds transferred, or they quit. And the current anti-social atmosphere that Blizzard seems to love and promote these days really inhibits people from getting to know each other, so that we don't even know who might have the skill set to take their place.

I got in on an Oondasta run last night. Other than Pathere and one other former guildmate, there wasn't a single familiar name in the whole raid. How many other people have the sense that everyone else on the server is a complete stranger?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Scarlet Crusade is dead. Stop being delusional. I transferred off about a month ago and thank god I did. If you don't think this server is dead, then come check out a populated server like Mal'ganis. Come check Org or Shrine at peak hours on each server, and see the difference. Then you will see that yes....Scarlet Crusade is indeed.....dead!!! lol

But different strokes for different folks. Some don't like being on a high population server. I have friends that play on low population servers because they prefer it. Scarlet Crusade just wasn't my cup of tea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Dogmeat... Before you call people "Delusional," i'd recommend that you actually understand the initial post. Just so you get a little back story, I don't really need to "check out a more populated server." I've been off SC, a few times. Hyjal, Shattered Hand for FL/early DS (where we pushed and got realm first H Rag) Dragonmaw,and Darkspear recently. I like larger population realms, more to the point I enjoy running raids and pvp with people who know what they are doing. normal modes aren't difficult, and really require only the bare minimum from people. The only reason I came back was I could no longer make raid times in my previous guild, and this is a very social realm. In terms of population, yes there isn't a whole lot here, but I'm not looking to bring people here to populate it. However, what I AM trying to do, as I apparently need to spell it out for a few people, is get the people who are geared (easy to do through LFR/VP) together to actually clear things, even if it's mostly normal modes. It only takes 10 to do 10m and I'm quite sure we have well over that.

I just left Darkspear, which is a very populated server. You should check it out sometime. I don't really care how un-populated this realm is in terms of numbers. What I am aiming for is to get some of the people who actually know what they are doing. Believe it or not there are quite a few here but they remain unable to raid/push content because of their guilds, raid-mates, or schedules. There is quite a bit of un-tapped talent here, but they remain so because people see progression and bail and transfer to look for carries or look for the content to be nerfed down to their stupidity, leaving many to never see their potential.

On top of that, there is so much guild-on-guild animosity here that it drowns out any teamwork.. it's full of guilds who can't down things bashing other guilds who can't down things in your typical "my girlfriend is fatter than your girlfriend!" type of stupidity. If people could stop pretending to be online badasses they might actually start being able to play the game.

So.. lol.. yes.. lololol..in comparison to Mal'Ganis, Darkspear, Illidan, Area 52, Lightbringer, Tichondreas.. and many others.. lol... this realm is ... lolol.. in population terms.. lol.. dead. and.. lol.. raid progressin... lol.. dead. The second part is what I'm looking to work on, and it's very doable. We only really need a few more people and we'd have a pretty decent roster set up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Mischief is doing pretty good progression, for the short time since we started 25 man content. We now have a large enough attendance, that we are now rotating members in and out of the different Boss fights.

However as far as I know we are the only guild on the server that is doing 25 man content. It would be real nice if a few more would do so.

I am finding 25 man content a lot more fun then being in a 10 man raid. Before I got my current computer it was the other way around. It is also nice having people in vent/guild chat almost all of the time too.

Pathere - I wish you luck in getting something going on the alliance side, I would love to see you all doing 25 mans as well.

PS. We still have a few openings for a few classes. If anyone on the Horde side is interested check our our recruitment thread.
Edited by Ewing on 4/22/2013 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
^ I am in the same predicament you were before you updated your computer.. I currently cannot do 25man. I find 10 to be fun and all, with a group of people you enjoy raiding with, but it doesn't feel like a raid. It's sad that 25mans are dying off badly. I hope you guys do well and inspire more to raid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I enjoy the server and the calmness in it. Cities are a little empty though.

One thing that does suck ========> our economy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
You know, Ewing, had you guys come back a little sooner I might have stayed just for the chance to be in vent with Ozzy during a raid. That guy is funny to listen to. First PvP saturday I went on I thought someone was playing a Jerky Boys cd in vent.

Sadly though, I migrated to Area 52 after our guild leader decided to leave server with the guild. Don't be mad, I even convinced Ky to bring her lock over as well. If you guys ever decide to do old content or alt runs on the flex system in the next patch let Ky and me know. I'm always down for hanging out with the mischief peeps again.

As for you Path, good luck. Maybe you can light a fire in SC once again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
You know, Ewing, had you guys come back a little sooner I might have stayed just for the chance to be in vent with Ozzy during a raid. That guy is funny to listen to. First PvP saturday I went on I thought someone was playing a Jerky Boys cd in vent.

Sadly though, I migrated to Area 52 after our guild leader decided to leave server with the guild. Don't be mad, I even convinced Ky to bring her lock over as well. If you guys ever decide to do old content or alt runs on the flex system in the next patch let Ky and me know. I'm always down for hanging out with the mischief peeps again.

As for you Path, good luck. Maybe you can light a fire in SC once again.

I was the Guild Leader of WarMachine(still am under an alt) If Mischief hadn't come back, I was thinking of moving it to Area 52.I an now glad I didn't. Long queue time just to login, just isn't for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
It's been worse lately. I'm waiting in queue right now and it'd 10pm est.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I thought it was Joe Pesci! ;)

Good to see ya Wes! Been a long time, my man!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
I would be interested in such a thing assuming its alliance side, just started on this server to play with some old friends but as i work 2nd shift i dont get off until late late. The timeframe listed seems fitting for me and i have some raid experience, not a whole lot of the new content but some of it =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]