MPPM: Spawn of G’nathus

90 Undead Rogue
I'm more of a collector than a battler and I just had to get this guy. I bugged two of my friends a mistweaver and a feral in bear form and we handily took out the big guy. Just got him to 25 the other day, haven't gotten much use from him since I have all the pandas and spirits. I do a tamer here and there for the bag. hes pretty solid against farmer nishi.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i can solo farm the pet which has made me a good bit of gold. but i personally do not like this pets abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Not the cutest pet, but something of a challenge to get. I discovered very quickly how hard his melee attacks are — he munched me for a single hit of nearly 500k damage my first try. Needless to say, as a warlock that one bite killed me. Ouch :-(

But I did get it down with just me and a healer. I used destruction spec so I could slow him with conflagrate, glyphed unending breath for both breathing underwater as needed and for the swim speed boost, and Kil'jaeden's Cunning talent so I could cast while swimming. That kept me comfortably out of melee range. Then I just had to swim backwards and do my usual single target cast priority, circling the island. I had a healer assisting me, but I may not have needed that as the damage I took wasn't all that great from his electric shocks. Using the imp for cauterize may have been all I needed for healing if I were to solo it.

Ranged classes who don't have the ability to cast on the move will probably have to rely primarily on instant cast spells while kiting him if they want to solo it. That may take a very long time for some, but still should be doable, especially for those with some self healing ability. My guess is that most melee really will need a at least a healer to assist give the high melee damage he puts out.

I've not battled with this pet yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it!
Edited by Catrin on 4/13/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
noticed missing it's aquatic bubble that fish and sea pony has.

i don't PVP pet battle, my opinion is based on facing tamers

i leveled one to 25, some of the moves i like, but imo speed is lacking, 1302 HP is weak too for a slow pet, and that negates the powerful moves like "swallow you whole". 289 speed sets you up to be 2 shot by many higher speed flying pets and negates the move set imo. even a higher speed ele-pet could get a advantage on this pet.

325 speed is what made the FFF move set OP before the nerf. many cried it was the move set, had speed been reduced on the 325 versions to the other version 289 speed. there would have been no reason to nerf the move set. if you owned and tried a 322AP/289 speed FFF you know what i'm talking about. moveset was worthless against numerous higher speed pets

of course every pet can't have 325+ speed
Edited by ßettyßoop on 4/14/2013 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Druid
He's adorable!

Needs a magical water bubble like Purple Puffer though. He's too much an eel out of the water and can't fly around with me :(
Edited by Wjovitte on 4/14/2013 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
oh my I am not paying enough attention to what is happening. This is first time I have heard of G'nanthus. was there a note about him
Reply Quote
59 Tauren Death Knight
I've Solo'd my way to 14 of them the last two days
Reply Quote
We got a guild group of 5, spent the night mucking around, having fun, getting everyone the pet and killing some other rares in between the G'nathus spawns. Put more stuff like this in game Blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Crithto, what would I do without you? I wouldn't have even heard of this without you making mention. It's a kiting challenge that drops an EEL PET. I might have to call out of work.

/treat
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Where does the spawn of g'nathus spawn? i want to get that pet bad! someone killed my elementals in 2 hits!lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Update: G'nathus ate my face whilst trying to kite him. Hits like a truck. Round 2 later tonight.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Crithto, what would I do without you? I wouldn't have even heard of this without you making mention. It's a kiting challenge that drops an EEL PET. I might have to call out of work.

/treat

Update: G'nathus ate my face whilst trying to kite him. Hits like a truck. Round 2 later tonight.

Am I an awful person that your follow-up made me laugh?

Seriously, though, best of luck getting the pet!! =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Sin
Am I an awful person that your follow-up made me laugh?

Seriously, though, best of luck getting the pet!! =)

Yes, yes it does. Bad puppy! Very very bad! Don't make me get the rolled up newspaper!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

I was truly shocked to need a healer to take him on. Ended up throwing a whole 5 man group and we fished between spawns while we got the pet for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Got mine the first week.. had to have 'em.
Took six tries and about 15 minutes on the successful one. Love 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You might want to "buff" the Lightning Breath ability to be 40 Yards.

As a Shaman I can sit 35-40 yards and Keep Water Walking on the whole time while Casting Frost Shock / Lightning Bolt with out the mob even casting.

Anyway thanks for the special post on the pet, I didn't know it existed so it was a fun mob to dance around for several minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nope don't want one. Eels are icky and I'm not getting no pet with a name I can't pronounce or spell.

/sourgrapes cuz too hard to solo

=P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
http://i.imgur.com/bmAt7fW.jpg

I got him a little while back by kiting him around the island and spamming Shadow Word: Pain for what had to have been a whole hour before he died. Totally worth it though!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://i.imgur.com/bmAt7fW.jpg

I got him a little while back by kiting him around the island and spamming Shadow Word: Pain for what had to have been a whole hour before he died. Totally worth it though!

lol ok, I'll try it one of these days.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Glyphed Curse of Exhaustion, Water Walking, and Kiljaeden's Cunning made kiting him easy. I kind of lost interest in pet battles when everything got the nerfbat, so mine's only level 7, but he's a pretty cool minipet. Mine's named "Cinder Kitten".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]