MPPM: Spawn of G’nathus

90 Troll Hunter
A few friends and I farmed him for the pet.

I love the little bugger. He's so fugly-cute with his little snaggletooth and grin. He's only level 19, but thus far is a pretty darn good battle-pet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I can never seem to find a group for G'nathus on my realm. No one ever wants to deal with it just for a minipet chance. Not to mention his health pool seems to scare away people.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I always love dual utility pets that have a Power stat dump, where with the Spawn you can counter Mechanicals and Elementals. It makes it a good useful pet, the P/B stat set is good, and he does enough damage that it's respectable. I really don't use him all that much, except for maybe to humiliate Tinytech in Outlands with a giant eel melting her Mini-Thor(I just do that because I'm utterly jealous of her Mini-Thor and must kill it mercilessly with a new elemental every day)or to counter a mechanical/ele comp. Or I'll just go full Elemental or full aquatic(minus 3rd slot ability)and he still has some very good use.
'
Crithto since you're here, what's the deal with Singing Cricket? He's like Marsh fiddler's gimp twin and the black sheep of the Cricket family(seeing as Red Cricket has one of the highest atk of any pet in the game, next to maybe Lil' Rag). I understand the importance of not over-rewarding those who invest time so that they aren't completely overpowered, but he borderlines on worthless, no offense Mr. Cricket. I would always choose Red Cricket over him anyday of the week, an H/B? Whaaaaaat. So here's my plan, and you're going to love it, so be ready, hold onto your hair if you wear a wig, because it might blow your hair right off.

Pro Pet Mob Reward-Land Shark
When summoned you only see the fin, a special would be him doing the Great White Shark belly flop(like we saw on National Geographic and everyone thinks was photoshopped...a SHARK BELLYFLOPPING....PLEASE). Make him a P/P breed, and make him a pure aquatic, so

Slot 1-Swallow You Whole(refer to Spawn of G'nathus except animate it so that he comes to the target and peeks his head out to bite the target ) or Surge, maybe can do an Austin Powers Reference where he pokes his head out, and make him have Laser.

Slot 2-Dive, except the animation for it would be him going under, and his emerge would be him coming out of the ground biting the target. Second slot for it would be probably be tidal wave, or a bleed to make him fit the being a shark and I dunno, biting people might cause blood loss?

Slot 3-Probably the same 3rd slot setup as Electrified Razortooth, Devour, and Blood in the Water. I mean COME ON CRITHTO THE ICON IS A FREAKING SHARK(MAYBE WITHOUT A FREAKING LASER BEAM ATTACHED TO HIS HEAD BUT A FREAKING SHARK).

TL;DR replace Singing Cricket with Landshark, or Spider Man.

Edit-If anyone needs help catching one of these guys(Gnathus not my super awesome Landshark idea) feel free to add my Btag Mafipulation#1503, and specify why you're adding me. I currently can duo it with a competent healer in dps gear(510 ilvl) as a Blood DK(alreaedy solo'ing warbringers all day urrday).
Edited by Legnaros on 4/19/2013 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Or a Lil' Atramedes....Lil' Atramedes would be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
When will the new challenge arrive today i am ready for my next challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Its usually at 3 PM PST (which is when the story about the Bad Robot was posted today). Maybe we don't get a MPPM this week. :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
6 manned him for my spawn a couple days after 5.2 went live. i like my little purple slime monster
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spawn of G’nathus

The Good:

1) It looks cool
2) It has moves that are strong against more than 1 type (Elemental & Mechanical)

The Bad:

1) The breed. P/B Any breed with a B in it makes me disappointed.
2) The move set of this pet is just so-so
3) I wish Swallow You Whole worked more like Devour or Predatory Strike and healed my pet or finished off the opposing pet at 25%

Honestly, there are better pets out there to kill Elementals or Mechanicals such as my P/P breed Purple Puffer or my Pandaren Fire Spirit.

It looks cool; but for a pet to get any regular use from me at least, it has got to have a decent breed and a desirable move set. Unfortunately, this pet has neither.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
G'nathus is just outside my comfort zone. It's basically the creature that marks the boundary where my pet-collecting stops.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Spawn of G’nathus

The Good:

1) It looks cool
2) It has moves that are strong against more than 1 type (Elemental & Mechanical)

The Bad:

1) The breed. P/B Any breed with a B in it makes me disappointed.
2) The move set of this pet is just so-so
3) I wish Swallow You Whole worked more like Devour or Predatory Strike and healed my pet or finished off the opposing pet at 25%

Honestly, there are better pets out there to kill Elementals or Mechanicals such as my P/P breed Purple Puffer or my Pandaren Fire Spirit.

It looks cool; but for a pet to get any regular use from me at least, it has got to have a decent breed and a desirable move set. Unfortunately, this pet has neither.

Pretty much this. I am leveling him for fun. I love the model and it is not a terrible pet, but there are definitely stronger ones out there for what it can do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]