Priest changes in 5.4, how to help shadow pvp

87 Human Priest
I couldn't agree more. I've completely given up on PvP because our off cds are so easily countered and we're ultimately left with nothing to protect us, even if you try a more strategic technique on using your cds they're always wiped away by trinks and op cds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well with enough peels, and resi, conversion and second wind are incredibly op, also they are increasing it in 5.3, also I didn't really research much about the upgrade to dks and why they got it, but I will tell you something, of course you will be smashing comps, I was running Spriest WWmonk and I got 2 shotted my a dk with CDs he obliterated me for 120k, melee hit me for 40k and his dot ticked for 8k which is much as mine tick for, obviously that all crit, but still, ridiculous...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I agree with this man.

He is absolutely correct.

We are dead meat in 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I hit ppl for 60k-70k crits on this toon in bgs. Constantly. My spriest in 7pc tyran hits abt that hard, sometimes harder on ppl geared like this toon, but the same in general. I'm abt to pull 7million dmg on this dk in an average bg.

Seems legit. Buff dk.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I hit ppl for 60k-70k crits on this toon in bgs. Constantly. My spriest in 7pc tyran hits abt that hard, sometimes harder on ppl geared like this toon, but the same in general. I'm abt to pull 7million dmg on this dk in an average bg.

Seems legit. Buff dk.

We need a good team to function well in PvP because we can't cast our spells ourselves once trained.

Other classes do not have this problem. No one will want to babysit us when the 5.3 patch goes live.
Edited by Dreamskull on 4/13/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

We need a good team to function well in PvP because we can't cast our spells ourselves once trained. Other classes do not have this problem. No one will want to babysit us when the 5.3 patch goes live.

Exactly, you can only do that when you are free casting, last i checked, we don't get to? of course in RBGs we top, i double everyones damage, im sitting on 61% pvp power, i would destroy 2 healers at once, but people don't let me do it in arena, and it also depends how smart the RBG team is on both sides... but that's not the point, the point is they are focussing on only 3s, there are four brackets in pvp and imo there should be more,

world pvp is also dead, i made a forum about the guards being so op lol and there was like 13 people QQing at me saying i shouldn't be in lowbie areas because of pvp anyway... drain my life something severe they did lol
Edited by Kryptkilla on 4/13/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They need to look at Shadow Priests like they do with all other DPS specs... as a spec that wants to do damage and not a Priest that wants to do slightly more damage and slightly less healing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
as a spec that wants to do damage and not a Priest that wants to do slightly more damage and slightly less healing

umm what? why do priests want to do slightly more damage? we are one of the few classes that doesn't have burst CDs we legit have to wait for 3 shadow orbs to do any pressure in arena / RBGs, our dots are amazing, but you need to have much up time to do anything
Edited by Kryptkilla on 4/15/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well written IMO....give props to OP no matter how many people bash it. I love my spriest but God knows we get nerfed over and over again while many other classes have way more utility and stronger CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
got agree with that, i love my Sriest, even if i'm not playing it that much now a days cause of work, even with the changes of 5.2 i still manage to be first on every random BG and top 3 on RBGs and arena was cake, but take it easy with the nerfs, we do lack a true scaping/pealing spell/talent/whatever and we have no burst CD, ok fiend is a kind of burst CD but not really
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well with the macro that makes your fiend do its strongest attack as fast as possible, it does turn into a pressure CD, not a burst CD, it is easily CCd or healed through, our dots + Sfiend with 100% up time = pressure, and depending what pvp trink / spec / glyphs we get will determine the amount of burst pressure we can put out within the first minute, I my self go with a proc heavy peeling spec as I run with a melee and they will go me over him
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I like you.

This game is broken.

Why can't they fix it?
Edited by Nastypriest on 4/15/2013 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Spriest is pretty good in high mmr matches.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So, you guys are complaining about a class that is in almost all of the high mmr teams
yeah sure shadow must be very bad atm... lol... Stop complaining and enjoy not being an enhance or something like that. Spriest are fine
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Spriest is extremely good in the right comps (mage/UH/good warlock), and if we have a class that can peel for us, we will do well.

It is disappointing playing Spriest, in that we are one of the strongest casters in the game, but that is because of our damaging mechanics, not our utility.

We put out similar damage in an insanity, to about the equivalent of 2 chaos bolts (which they can conflagrate/unending resolve to avoid interupts)

We have fairly strong offheals/selfheals and so THAT is considered to be our utility. We lack mobility, we lack long defensive CDs (with the removal of VS from rated)

With all the damage increases I am reading being attributed to other classes, I personally would like to see Spriest lose VS entirely, and get an ability like Spiritwalker's Grace, or at least something that we can cast/spam on the move (something like a fel flame, or even just VT castable while running)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Totally agree with this i mean void shift is a lv 87 spell just as the ZOO from the hunter, i mean warlocks get chaos bolts to crit for 400k but priest get one of there best defensive cds (THAT CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE PER ARENA) cuz they usually dont last that long for u to cast it twice...i mean its a spell that can make you or break u why nerf a spell u have to actually have coordination with your team for u to use it.... like really... come on it might me game changer... but pally bublle also is... bear form+heart of the wild in a boomkin also is.... and many other stuff such as having 2 iceblocks... in a mage...i mean every clase has there spells.... its just knowing when and how to use them... im fine with them nerfing MD cuz its true it is op... but come on the lv 87 spell that we get we cant use and every other class can..... really??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
too many people as priest play shadow. it's their way to tone it down by making it less interesting. play a healer, u die less often. shadow priest did have it really good start of mop but it obviously wasn't permenent.

i think survivability from a healing priest surpasses that of all other healers if done right and play right. Priest is either hella strong or hella weak but never in between.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I read the first paragraph of this post and was interested, then looked at your achievements and saw you have zero pvp experience. Not saying you are bad, but you should really get some decent pvp experience before you start making lengthy posts with all of these accusations. I am as upset about all of the shadow priest nerfs as everyone else, but they are still just as viable as ever. Just look at the 3v3 ladders. The only thing we are extremely weak in is 1v1 with some classes like hunters and mages if we have nothing to LoS behind.
The 5.3 nerfs though... that's f***ed up....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So, you guys are complaining about a class that is in almost all of the high mmr teams
yeah sure shadow must be very bad atm... lol... Stop complaining and enjoy not being an enhance or something like that. Spriest are fine

Im not complaining about the damage output, and I agree with you that we are in the top rated comps, played with an UH dk, frost or fire mage tbh, and a decent lock, or just pretty legit heals from a R sham / R druid, rogue doesn't suck with us either, but we either need AWESOME peels, or our defensive CDs, and there is no pressure being pulled out when playing that defensively, and I understand that when played correctly after say, 16 seconds, it will be game over if there arnt dispels or CCs on me, but since they are only on me, I don't get 16 seconds of up time and don't usually get to pop CDs, I don't think I should HAVE to play with those comps to do well, considering half of my friends arnt that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I read the first paragraph of this post and was interested, then looked at your achievements and saw you have zero pvp experience. Not saying you are bad, but you should really get some decent pvp experience before you start making lengthy posts with all of these accusations. I am as upset about all of the shadow priest nerfs as everyone else, but they are still just as viable as ever. Just look at the 3v3 ladders. The only thing we are extremely weak in is 1v1 with some classes like hunters and mages if we have nothing to LoS behind.
The 5.3 nerfs though... that's f***ed up....

Different account lmao, but yeah, I am only starting priests, I see where you are coming from, but I was only meaning the 5.3 nerfs :) and I was more or less comparing our mobility etc to that of a mages, or the control of a rogues, and people can argue that if we have good peels and get around 20 seconds of up time it will be basically end game, but people focus us well, however as you said I havnt played much end game priest, so I cant base my experience on the class, but removing our most viable defensive spell after already nerfing our healing out put with the last tier or the dispersion nerf, psyfiend nerf twice etc, and a already nerfed MD (which I don't see why it shouldn't have been on a CD already lol) it is a bit ridiculous
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]