Priest changes in 5.4, how to help shadow pvp

90 Undead Priest
too many people as priest play shadow. it's their way to tone it down by making it less interesting. play a healer, u die less often. shadow priest did have it really good start of mop but it obviously wasn't permenent.

i think survivability from a healing priest surpasses that of all other healers if done right and play right. Priest is either hella strong or hella weak but never in between

to many people play spriests, so this is a way to tone it down??? the most played classes are by far... rogue mage pally hunter, gtfo -_-
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm rolling dk, already geared getting wep next week. Already scared !@#$less about my class, like who the %^-* wont train the healer cc other dps and or train me whole game? Life swap makes shadow priest good without that we're 100% useless and to be fair i dont think all of us shadow priest play with r1 players to be able to deal with this. my face ----> key board = dgshaKDYGSUIGADFYUSHKGAFHDJASGKFHDSKAGFYUHIA.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You obviously haven't read the post. Or the upcoming nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
^ exactly man, I don't want to play with some random or meet new people just because they are a frost mage... I don't get peeled very well, and that isn't my fault, but that is what I am complaining about, the fact that on my own, I am useless, it is not hard to sit on a shadow priest, why do I have to rely on others for my survivability, what if the healer or dps gets CCd? is your response don't get CCd??? people with stealth get the opener and adleast... 4-5 seconds MINIMUM is done correctly, and if not, it is because our team has wasted CDs trying to save me, I have dispersion that cant do while locked out, which is understandable, but that is usually when I need it the most, I will not have life swap, which mind you I cant used while in any form of CC, it doesn't go through walls, but yeah you will remove it, and don't say that we wont become a kill target, however, if they do not focus me, which is stupid, they will focus me, but if they don't, and go for someone more of a problem, say, a ret pally, or the annoying heals, then I will do fine, why? because im not getting trained and it isn't a problem for me to dot everyone up and wait for procs, but still mages will have two blocks, my MD will take 1.5 seconds to cast, if I glyph it to dispel the extra magic affects, they will still have a move to reverse the damage done to them, still having the same DR on them though, they still have this much utility, and they don't need to cast, so they don't need to be locked out of the tree, just silenced, hunters still have stampede, they will still pop a '1 shot macro' because apparently it takes skill to nuke people, rogues will still have mass stealth, and open on us all, pop a '1 shot macro' too and restealth, re sap or blind or just stun / silence, but apparently that's fine, im not saying my damage isn't op. I can make a dk !@#$ his pants if im on him and pop a 3 shadow orb DP on him and mind flay afterwards, warriors, rogues hunters counter me, well there cooldowns counter my health anyway, just tone down the damage...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
too many people as priest play shadow. it's their way to tone it down by making it less interesting. play a healer, u die less often. shadow priest did have it really good start of mop but it obviously wasn't permenent.

i think survivability from a healing priest surpasses that of all other healers if done right and play right. Priest is either hella strong or hella weak but never in between

to many people play spriests, so this is a way to tone it down??? the most played classes are by far... rogue mage pally hunter, gtfo -_-

What?!

Hunters/Warriors/DK's/Locks

I literally almost never see rogues or mages and sometimes I see a pally. I also never see shadow, like so rare to see them. Actually, every priest I usually see is holy.
Edited by Nastypriest on 4/18/2013 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What?!

Hunters/Warriors/DK's/Locks

I literally almost never see rogues or mages and sometimes I see a pally. I also never see shadow, like so rare to see them. Actually, every priest I usually see is holy.

every second class is rogue mage pally hunter, every 2nd 2s / 3s team has them, its no secret, warriors are liked, and so are locks, but they arnt played as much, also this is your personal opinion, they actually did a pole, I will try and google it, it was mid to late cata, them characters are most played
Reply Quote
I had no idea how bad pvp was for priests. o.o

Sorry to hear that bro, but every class has their time and I guess with how MoP shadow worked out, pvp got the short end of the stuck or something. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
IF they made Vampiric touch instant or shorter cast, I would be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
@Endorsed... you can duke a VT, its only bad when a rogue that is good at controlling is sitting on you, and you can barely get a cast off lmao, I can duke the kick, but getting past the kidney / gouge / blind / cheap etc... gets annoying, lmao then he just cloaks, we don't need to be the class with unlimited amounts of damage, if they dispel it they already get feared for two seconds which doesn't DR with other fears, but honestly, our damage is completely fine and even op when they don't sit on you and you can multi dot, but I think they need to re-arrange the glyphs, make psychic horror either cost no shadow orbs, or remove the glyph for 10 seconds shorter CD and just give it to us, secondly, you already nerfed MD to 8 second CD the least you could do is not make us have to waste 1.5 second casting on it, by the time I actually get it off, it would be minimum of 2 seconds, that's if I don't have to duke / get CCd while doing it, last I checked, someone in a bubble or ice block is healed out of danger in 2-3 seconds... or take away the vampiric embrace glyph to make it 100% damage to healing and make it normally 75%, maybe take off the nerf of psyfiend with less health, doesn't cast straight away, easily countered and only casts it twice, or take off some of those nerfs lmao, idc about my last tier doing less damage, it is pretty op, maybe give is increased health with a 30% bubble with that talent, or make spectral guise / phantasm a little better, like come on, our survivability comes from glyphs and talents
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Normally I'm the type of person that takes nerfs/buffs with a grain of salt, because they're usually blown way out of proportion, but it does feel like Spriests have been getting nerfed for the last few patches in a row. I expect to see an entire spec overhaul in the next expansion. We're getting spread too thin.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
You can thank talbadar for every shadow pvp nerf. Some people cant just win and be happy, they need to open their big mouth and say how op the class is, and that it should be nerfed, so no one else will ever achieve the same level again.The messed up thing is blizzrd listens to him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
what about frost mages and hunters? possibly the two most op classes, i only know of a lock and spriest and of course hunters being counters to mages
anything counter a hunter?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I'm rerolling hunter for next season, idk about you brahs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Lol, aren't they nerfing them? Taking away a stun or making them lose silencing shot for a stun, or something like that. It's all I hear about lately from my BFF huntard guildie.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
How you not looked at 3's rankings? At least 4 Spriests in the top 10 teams in every battle group. You clearly have a L2Play issue, has nothing to do with you being nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What really bothers me is that it's not that Blizzard is nerfing Shadow Priests.

They're nerfing Priests only for Shadow.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well you know Blizz is usually more focused into balancing 3's...God Comp is very OP largely due to Spriests especially with Void Shift+Dispersion combined.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
How you not looked at 3's rankings? At least 4 Spriests in the top 10 teams in every battle group. You clearly have a L2Play issue, has nothing to do with you being nerfed.

Once again lol, why is 3s the only bracket in pvp? 2s as well, it is un balanced due to blizzard only thinking of 3s, it is a more pointless bracket though since you cant get 2200 gear or titles, and yes i know void shift is OP, but i was saying that they should put an internal CD on it, if you even read what i said, it isnt a L2P issue it is more of a, why dont they think outside the box rather than just keep our dmg this high? like legit, i killed a holy pally on my own, while my team was on the warrior with the dk CCd, he had already used bubble, if they add an internal CD between spectral guise, and dispersion with life swap, then that was be good. They just need more balancing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Lol, aren't they nerfing them? Taking away a stun or making them lose silencing shot for a stun, or something like that. It's all I hear about lately from my BFF huntard guildie.

They are giving every spec the BM stun intimidation, and they still have silencing dont they?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Also, people keep saying that spriests are in all the top comps, i know they are, because the shaman healer is usually insanely good, but trying to find a decent healer is pretty hard, and actually trying to find a decent monk is hard too. my survivability comes from that of the slow totems from the shaman / LoS and the monks pressure, im relying only on my freedom and psyfiend which at high ratings gets kicked or killed. But yes, life swap and the damage is pretty much why we are in the high rated teams. But still, there are easier ways of getting around the utility side rather than taking it away and making it more difficult to get out of tough spots.

But seriously now, why not think of smart ways to get around the OP utility that we have rather then taking it all away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]