[A] <Smoke and Mirrors> Raid Challenge

90 Draenei Shaman
<Smoke and Mirrors> of Aman'Thul is organising a raiding challenge open to anyone on the server over the course of the rest of the year. It will be a twink raiding challenge aiming to clear all content of the game (with the exception of Vanilla) with expansion-pack specific gear & level. The plan for the challenge is as follows:

1. To clear most content of the game while at the correct level & wearing the correct gear
2. To get achievements for old raids
3. To challenge ourselves by learning both new (old) raids and new classes.
4. To meet people & have fun levelling/raiding together
5. To expand our knowledge of the game, and hopefully become better raiders

It will involve clearing the following instances at the following levels:
[70] Burning Crusade: Kara, Mag, Gruul, SSC, TK, Hyjal, Sunwell, BT
[80] Wrath of the Lich King: Naxx, OS, RS, Ulduar, ToC, VoA, ICC
[85] Cataclysm: BoT, BWD, ToT4W, FL, DS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The progression will based around the list that follows:

I - Start levelling together at a predetermined date
II - Reach level 70 using BC only content
III - Gear from BC dungeons
IV - Start BC Raids as listed below:
Karazhan, Magtheridon, Gruul's Lair, SSC, TK, Hyjal, Sunwell and BT
V - Level to 80 and gear up using only Wrath content
VI - Start WotLK raids as listed below:
Naxx, OS, VoA
VII - Attempt the feat of strength and title Herald of the Titans
VIII - Finish WotLK raids as listed:
Ulduar, ToC, Ruby Sanctum, ICC
IX - Level to 85 and gear using only Cataclysm content
X - Start Cata raids as listed below:
Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds, Blackwing Descent, Firelands and Dragon Soul

It is important to stress the Wrath content will be centred around getting the Herald of the Titans title - for killing Algalon at level 80 with no player wearing gear of a higher item level than 226

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any info please dont hesitate to contact myself via mail or whisper, or any other SnM officers.

We request that your character taking part in this challenge remains with SnM for the duration, however once complete you are free to do as you please
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Very nice concept, I do hope it kicks up off the ground for you.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
A quick update to this:

Smoke and Mirrors entered Karazhan with 10 level 70 toons tonight for the first time.
Raid consisted of:
2 tanks (Paladin, Warrior)
2 Healers (Druid, Shaman)
6 Dps (3 Mages, 1 Monk, 1 Shaman, 1 Rogue)

We were successful in clearing both Karazhan and Magtheridon's Lair (with 10 o.o)

Links to any screenshots are provided below:

Walking into Karazhan
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6026/wowscrnshot051513205121.jpg

Karazhan Clear
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4169/wowscrnshot051513215309.jpg

Magtheridon's Lair Clear
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/739/wowscrnshot051513221746.jpg
*sorry for the error - it just popped up as screenshot went off :/

Next we move on to Gruul's Lair and SSC!

Currently we have 14 level 70 toons, with another 5-6 reaching 70 within the next few weeks. This means there is still plenty of space for anyone who wishes to join!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Such a great idea, grats guys! Looking forward to more updates :D
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Next Update:

Last week we had a really hard time in Gruuls and SSC with only 1 healer, didnt manage to get any of Gruul's down, but managed Hydross in SSC. This week however we had 14 raiders, including 2 MS and 1 OS heals, so were able to make some really good progress.

My screenshot addon wasn't turned on for Gruul's but we cleared in quick time.

Clearing SSC
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/914/wowscrnshot052913224124.jpg

We also manged 3/4 in Tempest Keep, and managed to make Phase 4 of Kael before getting wiped by the MC's. A few more dagger weilders here might help :p

Next weeks aim is to clear TK and head into Hyjal.

Cheers all,
Nezira aka Astarielle
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Hunter
Sounds like a really excellent idea. If I had more time on my hands, I'd totally be up for it. Alas, these days I'm lucky to get on more than once or twice a week.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Just a quick little bump to this old thread.

Due to people problems (and the whole fact that BC raids are entirely 25 man - its very hard to do Kael when over half of your raid gets MC'd) we have had to move on to Wrath Content already.

I took a personal break for 3 weeks just before Wrath content got started, but finally we have rallied the people back together and now moving along in our progression again.

But the big thing, the achievement this whole challenge was designed around, has been completed! A big thank you to everyone who put effort in while we have been running. Things like this make it all worth it for sure!

Smoke and Mirrors - Herald of the Titans
http://i.imgur.com/0cHzb0d.jpg

Defeat Algalon the Observer in 10-player mode at level 80 without anyone in the raid wearing any equipment with an item level higher than is available in 10-player Ulduar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i missed doing this it was hell fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]