World Bosses Checker Macro

90 Blood Elf Mage
So, I have this macro to check if I have killed world bosses for the week ----

/run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end

There might be something wrong about my checker macro because before I killed Nalak, I used the macro and it says "No" to everything which is correct. After I killed Nalak, it says "Yes" to Nalak and "Yes" to Oondasta which is wrong because I havent killed Oondasta yet.

Can someone help me out with this one? Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Or you could go to curse and download the addon called World boss status.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
thats a good suggestion but I want the macro fixed instead of running another addon, thanks though
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Shaman
The Oondasta quest flag isn't being set correctly. Someone even went through every single quest flag before and after killing Oondasta to see if any flag is being set, and nothing.

Also worth mentioning most addons will have the same bug since most of them are using IsQuestFlaggedCompleted() just like the macro. The only addons that will work correctly will require you to have the addon installed before you kill the boss to be able to check after.

Edit: just in case it wasn't overwhelmingly obvious, there is no fix for the macro until Blizzard fixes the bug.
Edited by Totemtoter on 4/16/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
ty vm totemtoter for the confirmation of that bug!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Similar issues, posted here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569388996
Reply Quote
Keep a calendar by your computer.

Check the day right after you make a kill.

No need for Macros, add-ons, calling your sister or council member.

You get to keep track of your own kills!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]