The Alliance: Giving in to our Troll lords

2 Undead Warrior
Don't mind Pyron. He's got a superiority complex so massive that if the Horde were assaulting Stormwind itself he'd still spin it as "Alliance is winning" somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Really, what danger does he pose that we haven't already proven perfectly capable of beating? Hell, we even beat the sha that you're so worried about manifesting on the rest of Azeroth.

You know the Dark Heart of Y'Shaarj, right? The thing Garrosh is getting? It turned a Goblin miner into a monstrosity the size of a Gronn, with an array of Sha spells.

Imagine what he could do to something that isn't a weak creature only 3 feet tall.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Don't mind Pyron. He's got a superiority complex so massive that if the Horde were assaulting Stormwind itself he'd still spin it as "Alliance is winning" somehow.

Everything I say is supported one way or another.

The Alliance was winning in Cataclysm. I KNOW IT WAS NOT WELL REPRESENTED, SO IT'S HARD TO KNOW WITHOUT HAVING READ THE BOOKS, but they were winning.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior
04/17/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Everything I say is supported one way or another.

The Alliance was winning in Cataclysm. I KNOW IT WAS NOT WELL REPRESENTED, SO IT'S HARD TO KNOW WITHOUT HAVING READ THE BOOKS, but they were winning.

Most people don't have the money to constantly go out and buy books to see "victories" that you supposedly see. Horde gets to see theirs, Alliance don't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

You mean like the 9999 posters saying "Alliance assaulting Org is 'Horde Bias'!"? :D
Edited by Threeslotbag on 4/17/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Most people don't have the money to constantly go out and buy books to see "victories" that you supposedly see. Horde gets to see theirs, Alliance don't.

That doesn't change the fact that the Alliance was winning in Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
04/17/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Really, what danger does he pose that we haven't already proven perfectly capable of beating? Hell, we even beat the sha that you're so worried about manifesting on the rest of Azeroth.

You know the Dark Heart of Y'Shaarj, right? The thing Garrosh is getting? It turned a Goblin miner into a monstrosity the size of a Gronn, with an array of Sha spells.

Imagine what he could do to something that isn't a weak creature only 3 feet tall.

And C'thun had a nation of bug people under his control, and Yogg could manifest the faceless on command.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
04/17/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

You mean like the 9999 posters saying "Alliance assaulting Org is 'Horde Bias'!"? :D

Because it's a story about helping the horde be free from a dictator. It's not about winning.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
And C'thun had a nation of bug people under his control, and Yogg could manifest the faceless on command.

I don't see what you mean. Neither of them could do the things we see the power of Y'Shaarj do.

And Yogg was in a prison, and we had the aid of 4 Titan Keepers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/17/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

LOL'ed
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior
So...all Alliance complaints are invalid because they have books saying "they won"?

That's some pretty skewed logic there, Captain Apologia.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
When did I ever say Alliance complaints were invalid?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
So...all Alliance complaints are invalid because they have books saying "they won"?

He never said that. In fact he was agreeing with complaints that alliance story isn't well represented in game.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior

He never said that. In fact he was agreeing with complaints that alliance story isn't well represented in game.

It seems to me that he's saying the Horde deserved the star treatment in Cataclysm because the Alliance had one or two vague victories presented in books.

Oh, and as for "raiding Org is horde bias", I never once said that. I only said that as it's written it's a poorly-developed piece of lore for the Alliance military.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
100% I unplagued like the plague lands right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/17/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Quirnheim
It seems to me that he's saying the Horde deserved the star treatment in Cataclysm because the Alliance had one or two vague victories presented in books.

No, I wasn't. I was just reinforcing what Kellick said - The Alliance was winning the War before Tides of War.

And into MoP, they have the upper hand. What with the Horde on the verge of revolution, the Alliance is going to attack Orgrimmar with the aid of the Horde Rebels.

Which, I also fail to see as Horde bias. I agree that the Alliance should have their own story going into the Siege, but I don't understand why working with the Rebellion is bias.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I think what most of us is saying also is the Horde themselves have handle such threats, they were there and took care of business. The likelihood of them failing with such a vast army and power ful heroes at their side is ludacris. Also the army garrosh have at his command is so much smaller.l comlared to what fhe horde fsced befoere.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior
The Alliance was losing the war up until mid-MoP, where it's become more of a stalemate.

I don't know what kind of herbs you've been on but come off of it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
That we've fought the armies and minions of actual old gods and won. I mean, come on; we've defeated some of this universes most powerful and dangerous threats, and though we have had help if push came to shove the Alliance does have heavy hitters. Jaina with the focusing Iris, Kalecgos, Malfurion. Garrosh is just another raid boss, he'll be dangerous sure, but so is every other bad guy we've ever fought and defeated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

I think we can all agree with that.

But the fact of the matter is that complaining that the Alliance was somehow losing in Cataclysm because they were only assaulting every contemporary Horde starting zone, fighting the Horde to a stalemate or victory in most of the Horde's second zones, while not having to face Horde offensive in any of their own starting zones is pretty stupid.

To quote me from nearly two years ago (funny enough, this is from before the Siege of Orgrimmar was announced):

Now, I won't deny the Alliance is hurting from a bunch of things right now, notably a lack of direction, some leaders lacking backbone and/or exposure, some depressing as hell questing, the fact players don't get to participate in any major battles, etc., but hopefully we can see that losing this version of the Alliance-Horde war isn't really one of them.

And you know what? Most of these issues are still a problem for Alliance players today.

But losing was never an Alliance issue, only the poor representation and implementation of it all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]