Monks are getting buffed? Really?

100 Undead Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_-_April_15-4_15_2013
Reply Quote
They kinda need it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Really, really needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Um. Congratulations OP you read the front page.

Was the link necessary?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, and all reports point to it being highly needed. Nothing major changing for Mistweavers though. Sad day.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Warrior
Monk buff is fine. Hunter buff on the other hand...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
They kinda need it.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
He's mad they're taking his easy buttons away in rated pvp. Hug it out bro.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
Yay!
Reply Quote
We got nerfed to the ground after our "buff" for 1 day, yeah really. I wish they'd fix up Mistweavers though... For a class that's supposed to be some sort of damage dealing healer, fistweaving is insanely mana-negative. Still better than WW though. Honestly all WW needs is a 5% buff to our stance, which should put us in an decent spot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Yeah, and all reports point to it being highly needed. Nothing major changing for Mistweavers though. Sad day.

Liking that we'll get Nimble Brew :)

♥ Momo
Reply Quote
We got nerfed to the ground after our "buff" for 1 day, yeah really. I wish they'd fix up Mistweavers though... For a class that's supposed to be some sort of damage dealing healer, fistweaving is insanely mana-negative. Still better than WW though. Honestly all WW needs is a 5% buff to our stance, which should put us in an decent spot.

All healers are made to be damage dealing. Priests and monks are the best at it, though.

Also

Nimble Brew now also removes horrify effects, and reduces the duration of horrify effects and fear, and is available to all Monk specializations (formerly only available for Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks

Finally. I was sick of wasting my nimble brew on accident and not being cleared of horrify.
Edited by Kenshimoo on 4/18/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

♥ Momo

It's nice, but really doesn't do much for me =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Whelp last I looked WW were like bottom class for DPS (I said CLASS, not SPEC, so don't come at me with 'But Sub, but Marks.') So they might need this
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

♥ Momo

It's nice, but really doesn't do much for me =)

True :) But good for PvP so there's that!

♥ Momo
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Which is why it doesn't really do much for me =P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

Nimble Brew now also removes horrify effects, and reduces the duration of horrify effects and fear, and is available to all Monk specializations (formerly only available for Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks

Finally. I was sick of wasting my nimble brew on accident and not being cleared of horrify.

Honestly, I don't like that change. Only because horrify was implemented specifically to bypass fear breaks/immunities. Once you get to the point of counter counter counters it starts to get kinda silly. It'd be like if they gave someone super silence that stops spells that could normally be cast while silenced (but is otherwise identical to silence) or an immunity that couldn't be removed by mass dispel. Or a snare that still slowed down glyphed ghost wolf below normal speed.

Seems like maybe they should have just made it so you couldn't use nimble brew during a horrify.
Edited by Asthas on 4/18/2013 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Discussions about PTR should go in the PTR forums.

None of you have any Melange.
Reply Quote
So what Ah got was:
-Warlock DC won't bypass NB, how nice (also MW's get it_.
-Spearhand nerf... again? Didn't they already nerf it?
-Ring o' peace: "Enemies that ... cast spells on allies" Confused even in context. Presumin' this means harmful spells. 3 sec disarm subject ta DR... Pffaahahaha!
-Some extra WW damage on abilities.

So... does the current RoP DR with itself? An' ta add, 3 sec reduced by ah chain in pvp is 1.5 + DR. Tha... nvm.
Besides the damage buff, it seems rather minor overall from mah PvP perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]