Ret is Worthless...thank you development team

90 Human Paladin
It makes no sense why the developers play a yo-yo game with their subscribers. Nerf and buff all for what goal? It has always been hoped that the goal was once you gear you become equal with the other classes and then it boils down to your skill at the keys.
In Wrath Ret had promise, and now despite all the promises to make it a viable class it hasn’t happened. We have once in a while burst, the idea they improved our survivability with the last patch wasn’t all that true, and our DPS basically stinks compared to all the other classes with the same gear level.
The big question is if the developers have a plan for skill, once geared, to be the deciding factor, why do they make changes that basically down grade a classes’ ability so drastically? You cannot tell me that when they came up with the configuration for RET that they didn’t know it would put us at the bottom of the DPS charts? Not only at the bottom of the DPS charts but with no hope of surviving against another DPS class in BG’s or Arena’s with the same gear, even if the opponent has lessor skill.
I am not sure if the Developers have a clue about the impact on their subscribers. What is the subscription bleed lately? 6 million down? I am leaving this time to check back every patch to see if there is a change or at least until they trash holy power -------.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Didn't you post this same moronic drivel just the other day and, without getting the response you sought, you've reposted to...What? Cry harder?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Another day in the Paladin Forums.

I brought muffins today, who wants muffins?

They're blueberry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do you have any chocolate chip muffins?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I only eat lobster.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Let's be honest, OP didn't say anything about Inq. Today was a good day
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do you have any waffle shaped muffins?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Let's all bash the OP bumping his topic instead of ignoring it and letting it die. That'll teach him.
Edited by Amuroraye on 4/19/2013 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And OP - Meh. Try not to take it to seriously, the game design and developers are kinda lopsided and half baked. I was fed up too, but then I realized I play WOW to ##@%**@# around and have fun - I never expected to be the best or lead the charts, etc. It's just not that important to me - I suggest you take a step back too and evaluate the situation, will your life be that much better if a videogame character you play as does X more damg or lives Y times longer? Probably not.
Reply Quote
I see 2 things here....almost no raid achievements nor pvp. You're talking about raid dps?? WTF man, you have craptastic gear and only a few lfr bosses done!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#468

doesn't seem like ret is all that worthless....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I already decided to go as holy paladin cow for PvE. I think ret is slightly gear dependant from what I've seen so far. I use it to quest just fine and can single target burst dmg just as fast as the rest of em. I did pvp as ret but that was in my 60's and 70's so I can't speak for the 80's. I think ret isn't that bad but you have to play ret ready with a million keys binded and make use of all your utilitiy. most people who complain about ret probably don't bind past one action bar and have a 2 button ball mouse. playing ret= a lot of buttons for different circumstances. if you dont make use of all those buttons you die. and people hate dieing :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret is not worthless - it's a support based class.

Stop - for the love of god - just stop!
You all complain as if you want the game to only have:
Holy Light, Mortal Strike, and Cheap shot! That way nobody is overpowered and nobody is different.

If you want a stupid class that is never in trouble - go play a Mage, Rogue, Hunter, or Warlock (400k Chaos Bolts).

The paladin Retribution class is designed as a MID grade DPS class and MID grade Support (Heals, Bubbles, Freedoms, Sacrifice, Aura!) You can crit your Flash of Light non CD's for 300k! You can then melt the face of almost ANY CLASS with CD's popped! Learn to play your class for what it is, not what you "want" it to be! Each class is designed and made differently. Keep the unique things that make WoW what it is, and stop asking blizzard to make everything identical. What would be the point in playing a class if it's the same as every other? (I guess you'd appreciate the visuals of one class over the other?)

All in all - You will NEVER be the TOP DPS as Ret - You were not MADE to be a top DPS as Ret. You were made to run in there, pull MID grade DPS - and help support with your abilities given! Personally, I love my class and what it does - and any buffs would just make it better! They plan on buffing as PTR shows - but at the moment: if they decided to drop that buff - I WOULDN'T CARE! I'd still hit 180k TV's and 300k Flash of Lights!
Edited by Vallien on 4/19/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol, a few intelligent responses, not many, WOW was a much better place 3 years ago then it is now. The forums were a place where concerns and ideas where shared and discussed. It is now a place for name calling and immature responses all designed to do what?

Every class should have a shot at meaningful DPS. The bottom line is in Warth ret had a shot at TOP DPS now there is no chance. Wait until you get a 250,000 hit from the other classes next to your outstanding 180,000.

REt has now been designed to be mid level. It was not before. The developers should just say that is their plan and say if you want a chance at better DPS go level this or that class.

The intelligent responses create a desire to stay with the game, the others confirm it is a good time to go. I sort of feel sorry for those that cannot interact with a post with intelligence because you know their life must be full of conflict and sarcasm.

You that stay have a right to ask the developers why they do the things they do. Every other game sysytem does it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
thank you for the intelligent response
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And OP - Meh. Try not to take it to seriously, the game design and developers are kinda lopsided and half baked. I was fed up too, but then I realized I play WOW to ##@%**@# around and have fun - I never expected to be the best or lead the charts, etc. It's just not that important to me - I suggest you take a step back too and evaluate the situation, will your life be that much better if a videogame character you play as does X more damg or lives Y times longer? Probably not.

thank you for the intelligent response
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
lol, a few intelligent responses, not many, WOW was a much better place 3 years ago then it is now. The forums were a place where concerns and ideas where shared and discussed. It is now a place for name calling and immature responses all designed to do what?

Every class should have a shot at meaningful DPS. The bottom line is in Warth ret had a shot at TOP DPS now there is no chance. Wait until you get a 250,000 hit from the other classes next to your outstanding 180,000.

REt has now been designed to be mid level. It was not before. The developers should just say that is their plan and say if you want a chance at better DPS go level this or that class.

The intelligent responses create a desire to stay with the game, the others confirm it is a good time to go. I sort of feel sorry for those that cannot interact with a post with intelligence because you know their life must be full of conflict and sarcasm.

You that stay have a right to ask the developers why they do the things they do. Every other game sysytem does it.

You'd be top DPS if you actually knew how to play a Ret Paladin.

First off, reforge your gear to to where the stats are correct. Second, get the correct gems. Third, learn what abilities you're supposed to be using. Ret isn't your typical button-spamming class like Rouges and Warriors, you need to actually know what button to hit next. Retribution Paladins are good at almost anything (Except for Challenge Mode Dungeons and AoE).

So if you really think Ret is worthless, then really you just don't know how to use a Paladin. At ilvl 490 it was possible to beat a 504 Frost DK even if you used it correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret is not worthless - it's a support based class.

Not according to GC's rules.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]