Will the War end?

90 Goblin Shaman
So judging from the way Vol'jin treats the Alliance, he clearly doesn't like them. (Why was this a shock to people?)
He is willing to work with them if he believes he, and his people, will come out the better from it.

Which brings up the question.
Will the war end with Garrosh's removal?
(Assuming Vol'jin becomes Warchief)

I see a lot (understatement) of Alliance players, and some Horde, believing that once the Garrosh is removed from power the war is over.
No more fighting each other.
We just shake hands and thats it.

Now before you all say "We have to work together to fight the Legion".
This is true we will have to fight as one to defeat them.
However the factions don't know this. They don't know about this great shadow that is heading straight for us.
So lets say Wrathion pops up at the end of the Siege and starts telling these 2 world super powers that they need to join up.
They have no idea who this guys is and why they should believe him.
If he tells them who he is that'll probably make things worse.

Old hatreds don't go away easy. Sure you get some individuals who can let go of them. But with the record the factions have I can't see it happening.
Both factions will continue to hate each other after Garrosh is removed from power. That won't change, and until something real happens they won't team up.
Maybe some Legion servants summon the first wave in secret and the Factions get attacked without warning, which causes them to have to team up (hopefully still showing the hatred between them though)

Just my thoughts anyway.

Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
The war won't end because certain races *coughhumanorcforsakencough* can't keep to themselves.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I hope so, I'm tired of it. There can be war in this game without it being between the factions, at the very least it needs to go cold again.

Very cold.

But there is one other thing in the way of peace besides Garrosh. The Forsaken at the very least need to be reined in and what they've done in the EK needs to be acknowledged instead of ignored by everyone like it has been so far.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Kill Sylvanas and the Val'kyr, quarantine the Forsaken to UC and the nearby area, leave that at is for the remainder of WoW's life, problem solved.

But otherwise, yeah, go back to the Cold War.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
It's gonna go cold again. It'd take generations for peace, the factions and races within the Alliance and Horde are too disparate and in no way want to share the same space with each other.

Old hatreds don't go away easy. Sure you get some individuals who can let go of them. But with the record the factions have I can't see it happening.
Both factions will continue to hate each other after Garrosh is removed from power. That won't change, and until something real happens they won't team up.
Maybe some Legion servants summon the first wave in secret and the Factions get attacked without warning, which causes them to have to team up (hopefully still showing the hatred between them though)

This is pretty much exactly how I see it going. There'd still be plenty of open hostility between the Alliance and Horde, and it'll be hard to not have disputes over resources and the like. But open warfare will probably end after Garrosh.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I want it to. I cannot put into words how much I want this stupid plotline to be over and buried and dead.

It won't.

Best case scenario it goes to Vanilla and BC style cold war. I can live with that.
Edited by Reignac on 4/19/2013 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The war might end for like....1 patch? And then, betrayal as usual!

Didn't you noticed how quiet it is in Northern Eastern Kingdoms right now?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Best case scenario it goes to Vanilla and BC style cold war. I can live with that.

This. A thousand times this.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
It better, cold war would be fine, although after Org I don't see how that would even continue, unless it was just like rogue members of each faction fighting each other out of vengeance (I could see that happening on alliance side, because the horde did do a lot of horrible things that would be hard to just forgive).

I would like if it just ended though, because after SoO it would seem just stupid to continue. I hate all these stupid misunderstandings that continually perpetuate the war though. No more of that ever please.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
It better, cold war would be fine, although after Org I don't see how that would even continue, unless it was just like rogue members of each faction fighting each other out of vengeance (I could see that happening on alliance side, because the horde did do a lot of horrible things that would be hard to just forgive).

I would like if it just ended though, because after SoO it would seem just stupid to continue. I hate all these stupid misunderstandings that continually perpetuate the war though. No more of that ever please.

That'd be good if they did it like Guild Wars 2.

The charr conquered the human kingdom of Ascalon (in the first game, I think), and even though they're allied against the dragons, there are still human rebels gunning for them. Even what's left of Ascalon's human government aids the Charr in taking them down with the hope of keeping the peace.

Hell, we could even explain PvP with that. Those who choose to are the dissenters on both sides, wanting to keep fighting.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

That'd be good if they did it like Guild Wars 2.

The charr conquered the human kingdom of Ascalon (in the first game, I think), and even though they're allied against the dragons, there are still human rebels gunning for them. Even what's left of Ascalon's human government aids the Charr in taking them down with the hope of keeping the peace.

Hell, we could even explain PvP with that. Those who choose to are the dissenters on both sides, wanting to keep fighting.

Yeah, I do like the idea of the kingdoms being relatively at peace, but because of the past people are still holding onto old grudges. No more big battles between the two factions, but small bands of rebels (That don't really represent each side) fighting out of vengeance would be fine.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Cold war in this game means a stagnant product. I personally like this war because it painted cthe Horde as an enemy and not some one we are hostile with only. That all the wrongs committed are acknowledged and addressed. We get a static world and I revel in it. You guys will see what your missing when the time comes when we once again team up to fight a big baddie of the day. The war of AvH was more personal then any of the expac thus farn
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Cold war in this game means a stagnant product.

Vanilla through Wrathgate says hello.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Remember what people asked for?Revamping the old world so they could see and feel the changes. At the end of wrath it felt like a game over. People were leaving.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
A hot war that can't ever be resolved and holds racial development in stasis is utterly stagnant, it seems to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/19/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Cártian
Cold war in this game means a stagnant product.

What does a cold war even mean in this setting? Based off of Tides of War, everything that happened in Cata wasn't even a war yet.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Remember what people asked for?Revamping the old world so they could see and feel the changes. At the end of wrath it felt like a game over. People were leaving.

You know what revamping the world really didn't require?

A faction war. We coudl've just been fighting the Twilight's hammer and Deathwing's minions all over the place, and it would've been a hell of a lot more interesting and logical.

A hot war that can't ever be resolved and holds racial development in stasis is utterly stagnant, it seems to me.

^ pretty much. Because every story becomes x race fights y race, and neither can win because x and y are both playable and you cant destroy either.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
04/19/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Gethrian

What does a cold war even mean in this setting? Based off of Tides of War, everything that happened in Cata wasn't even a war yet.

And thats the stupidest retcon ever in my opinion.

The Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union should be what we base the term off of. Neither side ever truly declared war on each other. We very rarely even directly fought each other (if at all). It was always through proxies, such as Vietnam and Korea. Tensions were high, we hated each other, but we didnt go out of the way to directly kill each other.

On a side note, if I had my way, I'd make all the war stuff from Cataclysm be retconned to have coincided with Pandaria because it makes a hell of a lot more sense than The apocalypse happens and suddenly we're killing each other during it.
Reply Quote
i dunno

can the horde keep their war !@#$% in their pants this time
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
i dunno

can the horde keep their war !@#$% in their pants this time

Hopefully.

This is kind of the reason I'll happily embrace a warchief that isnt an Orc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]