Megaera?

90 Human Paladin
Hello :) My raid team will be trying our hands at Megaera for the first time & I was looking for some healing advice.

i have done the fight bunches in lfr and on my hunter in normal. I know it is fairly healing intense for sure. We are 10 man & will be killing G>R>G>R>G>R>B

Our tanks are a DK & Monk.
DPS- rogue, Spriest, warrior, mage, hunter

Our healers are myself (holy pally), a shaman & a priest.

Is holy or disc going to be better for the fight?

I am not familiar with holy priest or shaman cooldowns and would like to know what we can use for Rampage?

Thanks a bunch :)
Reply Quote
I went disc for BRBRGBR. Works out pretty well, PWS is strong for cinders, and I was able to just atonement heal the whole fight (outside of rampages)
I would say have your priest go with w/e they're more comfortable with, Holy is probably strong due to their output (through I can see mana being a issue, since its a somewhat long fight), and disc is strong as well.
Holy priests bring Lightwell (if made to lightspring, is pretty much a smart HoT to anyone that goes below 50% hp), divine hymn (tranq but instead of a HoT, it gives a buff to anyone it heals to increase all heals on the target by 10% I think), and guardian spirit (+60% healing from the priest on the target, if the target takes lethal damage with GA on them then the GA will go away and restore the target's HP to 50%)
I would recommend not doing green, blue is so much easier IMO, but its up to if you can take the amount of damage being dished out by green.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Holy Pally, Shaman Priest, I'd probably want Disc priest, but you can't go wrong. Bubbles will help on cinders.
Rampage; Priest Barrier (disc) or Hymn (holy) both work nicely. Shaman Healing Tide Totem is super, as always.

The most important thing about this fight is to absolutely conserve mana like crazy until you reach the last 2 heads, at which point (assuming you burn green and red only) during the last 2 or so heads, it becomes a dps race vs healers mana. Ideally you want healers >50% mana and dps have to burn 2 heads before that 50% = 0%.
At that point in the fight, the poison explosions and cinders will cause healers to use expensive heals, VERY frequently, trying to keep the raid topped up for the next incomming rampage.

If you're raid isn't getting to at least the second last head by your second attempt, people are failing very very badly @mechanics and you need to sit back and make sure everybody knows exactly what they're doing and make sure your healers are not blowing their mana.

(I understand the second last head seems like a lot of progress for just a second attempt, but at this point, it's realllly not a hard fight up until that point. If you're not reaching that point, it's a very bad fail by, likely multiple people.)
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/19/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We have similar gear so, i would say swap one of the green head for one blue, the green head at the end the damage is insane and if you raid is not geared enough it will be a wall the last 2 heads.

In my guild we start Blue > red, we avoid killing more than 2 green.
Edited by Räzzly on 4/20/2013 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
Too many greens will really screw you. Also, it's really good if you assign a specific spot for everyone to be behind (like make an imaginary line where no one can go past) for the torrents/cinders. That way when you stack, you won't have anything on top of you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hm interesting..We burn nothing but green and red... Green first too.

It's pretty hectic but...Yeah...Shrooms reallllly shine on this fight. Charge for rampage, bloom. Drop 3 more and bloom, uncharged. Drop 3more @next rampage stack point and start charging.

Makes it the one fight I can actually easily top our HPal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
On megara I did 106k hps with an Hpal. Two healing it. We didn't have much issues. Soul of the forest + mushrooms and a rejuv blanket really made me shine in this fight :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
On megara I did 106k hps with an Hpal. Two healing it. We didn't have much issues. Soul of the forest + mushrooms and a rejuv blanket really made me shine in this fight :)

You will be frightened when you get to heroic and the ~requirement~ is to do ~1.2M HPS per rampage :(
Edited by Fleurs on 4/19/2013 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/19/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Fleurs

You will be frightened when you get to heroic and the ~requirement~ is to do ~1.2M HPS per rampage :(

Relatively confident that H Megaera 10 does not require 500khps+.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I can't attest to the heroic version of the fight as we aren't there yet. On normal both Disc and Holy work and I've healed it as both (2 and 3 healed it as both). Disc felt like it kept the tanks more stable during normal phases compared to Holy, but Holy felt better during Rampages. The other major difference is you have to be very careful as Holy to manage mana well at the early parts of the fight, otherwise you'll risk running OOM before the fight ends (aka, resist the urge to go broken arrow on early Rampages :)). Disc didn't seem to have this problem as much.

In terms of CD's.... Shamans have Healing Tide, Holy has Divine Hymn and Disc has Barrier/Spirit Shell. If your Priest goes Disc he/she should be able to SS for every Rampage. Holy DH and Disc Barrier can just be thrown in wherever they're needed in the CD order for Rampage. I guess your Rogue has Smoke Bomb and your Spriest brings Vampiric Embrace as well. So you should be good on CD's.

I'd recommend against outright skipping killing blue heads. Ice Torrent should be fairly easy to manage and skipping blue just adds tons of unnecessary raid damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
04/19/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Mahourai

Do you really want to argue w/ me on this, lol...?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Well, the average HPS output on 10H kills for the entire raid is about 395k from the looks of it. I'm not going to be bothered to dig through logs but a brief look at some of them does show 800k-1m HPS spikes during Rampages... So he's not exactly making stuff up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eon
My guild goes G>R>G>R>G>R>B

As a Holy Paladin, I chain my CD's as so:

1- Holy Avenger
2- DF/AW
3- Holy Avenger
4- GotAK
5- Holy Avenger
6- DW/AW

Drop Arcing Light on every rampage.

I've only done this with a disc priest, but your priest should be whatever he/she is more comfortable with. If Disc, your priest can spirit shell every rampage, as well as have barrier 2 of the rampages. For your Shaman, I would suggest that they use HTT on rampage 1 and 4. This way Healing Tide Totem will likely come back up while you're on the 7th head and your shaman an drop it to help you with all of the green orbs. If holy, you can have them Divine Hymn for either 2 and 5 or 3 and 6 (I'd say 3/6 would probably be better, but it all depends on how well your raid will be able to handle the damage). If you need help to get through the 4th head, since GotAK is the only healing CD you're using, have your SPriest VE for it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My guild goes G>R>G>R>G>R>B

As a Holy Paladin, I chain my CD's as so:

1- Holy Avenger
2- DF/AW
3- Holy Avenger
4- GotAK
5- Holy Avenger
6- DW/AW

Drop Arcing Light on every rampage.

I've only done this with a disc priest, but your priest should be whatever he/she is more comfortable with. If Disc, your priest can spirit shell every rampage, as well as have barrier 2 of the rampages. For your Shaman, I would suggest that they use HTT on rampage 1 and 4. This way Healing Tide Totem will likely come back up while you're on the 7th head and your shaman an drop it to help you with all of the green orbs. If holy, you can have them Divine Hymn for either 2 and 5 or 3 and 6 (I'd say 3/6 would probably be better, but it all depends on how well your raid will be able to handle the damage). If you need help to get through the 4th head, since GotAK is the only healing CD you're using, have your SPriest VE for it.

i laugh every time i see someone put a B on the end of G-R-G-R-G-R, as if that matters.

i believe shaman should use guidance and not tide on this fight. i think.

as far as holy vs disc, i cant really think of a fight where holy would outshine disc.

and if you have more than 1 minute between head deaths, do more damage!

also, i would save vamp and similar cool downs for in between the 5-6th rampage (lust just before the 6th rampage) and while fighting the 7th head. you shouldnt need cds for the first 3-4 rampages, really. use DP, not HA, and save guardian till the end.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I do this in 2 groups...doing G > R > G > R > G > R

However, they seemed to have made it harder so I would recommend throwing in blue. The HPS needed for G > R > G > R > etc is pretty high.

In 1 group I am the resto druid with a Hpally / Disc priest

In the other I am a disc priest with a Hpally / Monk

So Disc for sure! Sprit shell on stacks is amazing!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
zZq
RShaman also has Spirit Link. Healing tide is pretty amazing used on the last rampage. UE-HR at the start of rampage for a nice boost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks everyone for the replies. Super helpful :)

IDK on my mains team we have just always killed it with only killing Green & Reds. We tried a few times with blue but meh it just is annoying to deal with lol

Green never seemed that big of a deal to me as long as people got away from it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
04/19/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Fleurs

Considering raid groups use mitigation cooldowns for intense rampages, this number is very misleading.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
04/20/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Multicidez

Considering raid groups use mitigation cooldowns for intense rampages, this number is very misleading.

Well, that is approximately (I think it's an upwards of 900k in all reality) the number required if you have no mitigation CDs. It of course lessens when you use Demo Banner/AM/Barrier/SLT etc. Looking @ my own logs briefly and see how much all 3 of us spiked @ during Rampages implies the total we did was somewhere around ~800k, with our rsham doing 400k of it by himself with AG. And technically that's not really even as high as he can spike, I think he was telling me he can spike up to 1m.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]