Protection Warrior: Shield Slam = Over Power

73 Night Elf Priest
warrior just charge stun and shield slam and 2 hit got killed?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Level to 90 please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't be silly, only Arms warriors have Overpower.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

I smiled.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Dooooh you silly warriors and your smarts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yes OP it's annoying and Blizz doesn't seem to care. I will say it happens less often the higher you get. It is still BS though that there is a one shot ability in lower level PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://youtu.be/PG-qCyYZRms?t=8s
Reply Quote
39 Human Paladin
From levels 10-69 Shield Slam is completely broken. It's easily capable of dealing +50% of the average player's health in your BG.

Blizzard should of tested this out in lower levels when they decided to increase it's damage by 150%

It would be like increasing Holy Wraths damage by 150%. An AoE 1shot move. 150% is just too much of a damage increase to any spell.
Edited by Scer on 4/5/2013 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thing that would scare me is if I was a Warrior, is that eventhough SS doesn't hit that hard at level 90, the geniuses at Blizzard will probably nerf it cause of all the complaining about how hard it hits at low level PVP!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What I don't understand is that SS got buffed by 25% only. If it 2 shots you now, it 3 shot you before.
Reply Quote
What I don't understand is that SS got buffed by 25% only. If it 2 shots you now, it 3 shot you before.

Protection

The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.

Shield Slam now deals 25% more damage.

When 5.2 was released on march 5th, Shield Slam got a 150% dmg increase but scales 10% less efficiently with AP.

Then on march 14th, a 5.2 hotfix was released and shield slam got another 25% Damage increase, a total of 175% damage increase.

Shield slam was never 3shotting anyone at lower levels back before 5.2.
Edited by Zcer on 4/5/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Goblin Mage
Shield slam was never 3shotting anyone at lower levels back before 5.2

QFT. This toon is pretty decently geared and prior to the patch Prot Warriors were just annoying. Now they're regularly getting Shield Slam crits on me for 3k.

SS/Ambush Rogues in Cata were a major PITA, but at least Shadowstep was on a 20 second cooldown (and they went down very quickly once caught in the open). The 6 second cooldown one shot ability that is Shield Slam seems pretty over the top in comparison.
Reply Quote
lol warriors need a 175% nerf to shield slam. blizz at least nerf it by 100%, dps tanks will be just fine afterwards lol.

sigh too bad xp-off isn't allowed to que in the xp-on games. ';..;'
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior
lul shield slam is literally 80% of my damage and another 15% of my damage is passive. Is that not the definition of faceroll?

Blizz made ambush scale less dramatically for lower level rogues in Cata when they were ambush 1 shotting everything, don't know why they won't do it for shield slam now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I literally just got hit once for 8k non crit shield slam, after the cd was up, I got hit again for a 17k shield slam crit.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Death Knight
Low level pvp doesn't matter. There is a list of bugs that are more important and unfixed right now so long that you could wrap it from Azeroth to Draenor and back 8 times. Low pvp is not a priority to Blizzard. Making more money is a priority.
Reply Quote
22 Troll Druid
Level to 90 please.

Stop giving Blizzard an excuse for failing. People pay 15 bucks a month to play this game. The WHOLE game not just level 90 content.

And on that subject...hows that pvp balance in 2vs2 or 5vs5 oh yeah I forgot. Blizzard only wants to balance around 3vs3. Thats cool I understand why put effort into balancing the game when you can tell people that you would rather spend all your manpower on one aspect to make it perfect.

Because you know...3vs3 is flawless and every spec is viable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2013 12:04 AMPosted by Boombosstic
Level to 90 please.

Stop giving Blizzard an excuse for failing. People pay 15 bucks a month to play this game. The WHOLE game not just level 90 content.

And on that subject...hows that pvp balance in 2vs2 or 5vs5 oh yeah I forgot. Blizzard only wants to balance around 3vs3. Thats cool I understand why put effort into balancing the game when you can tell people that you would rather spend all your manpower on one aspect to make it perfect.

Because you know...3vs3 is flawless and every spec is viable.

My point is that at 90, shield slam isn't overpowered. At all.
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
If we're lucky we will see some sort of band-aid fix in another 2-3 months. If we're unlucky, They will go the way of Hunters (who by the way still pump out tons of damage the higher level you get) and will be super OP for years on end, until people give up and stop complaining.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]