No Polearm for the Reborn line....

87 Pandaren Monk
I dont understand why there is no Polearm, I Main Druid Guardian and im dissapointed in this. The Polearm has always been shown no love.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
There was no craftable polearm from this set, this is just the three BS weapon specialties that were removed - axe, sword and mace.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Redbearon:
The Polearm has always been shown no love.

Too true. My death knight is going to need a polearm when she reaches level 85, so her weapon can be transmogged to look like Elementium Poleaxe. (I'd have preferred Witch-Hunter's Harvester, but that recipe is too hard to get.) Unfortunately, the only strength polearm available in the game is Sturdy Yaungol Spear, which isn't all that good. It doesn't really matter since I don't plan on raiding or doing any dungeons with that character, but still.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Your Guardian Druid can use the Two-Handed Mace, I know using 2H maces is a foreign concept to you but at one time in the past, druids used those or staves and couldn't even wield polearms! (Actually, in vanilla they used the Warden Staff or maybe if they were lucky, one of very few 1H maces with feral attack power on them that were added slowly throughout the patches.)

But yeah, there's no polearm because there was no polearm specialization for blacksmithing. Blacksmithing used to have specializations for Armor, Swords, Maces, and Axes. The ", Reborn" line of weapons are a way to bring back the old set of weapons for the Burning Crusade. These were BoP and only trainable if you were the proper specialization of Blacksmithing.

When they dropped the specializations for Blacksmithing, these weapons were suddenly no longer trainable to anybody. These patterns are a way to bring back the models for transmogging purposes. I guess they wanted them to be actual usable weapons, as well, but that seems like a bonus, really.
Edited by Demonhat on 4/7/2013 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Unfortunately, the only strength polearm available in the game is Sturdy Yaungol Spear, which isn't all that good. It doesn't really matter since I don't plan on raiding or doing any dungeons with that character, but still.

There's one that drops off trash in Throne of Thunder.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Stormherald (2h mace) gives agi.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Seiryu:
There's one that drops off trash in Throne of Thunder.

Oh. I didn't see that on Wowhead. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, since I imagine it would cost more than my DK has, and I can't easily transfer money to her across faction lines. But still, I'm glad to know, so thank you. :)

Hmmm. All I could find was the various incarnations of Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night, all of which are boss drops and therefore BoP, so I can't get them without raiding current content—more trouble than I want to go to on my main, let alone an alt. But it's nice to know strength polearms aren't totally neglected.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I thought in 5.2 you could transmog staves and 2h maces into polearms. At least assuming they shared the same animations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yea the polearm out of TOT is a random drop rate off any boss. can get it from lfr,
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Jozie:
I thought in 5.2 you could transmog staves and 2h maces into polearms. At least assuming they shared the same animations.

I thought it was:

- 2H swords, maces, and axes into 2H swords, maces, and axes
- 1H swords, maces, and axes into 1H swords, maces, and axes
- staves and polearms into each other

But I don't really know for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Staves and Polearms share the same animations.

2H Maces share animations with 2H Swords and 2H Axes.

So no, you can't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Too true. My death knight is going to need a polearm when she reaches level 85, so her weapon can be transmogged to look like Elementium Poleaxe. (I'd have preferred Witch-Hunter's Harvester, but that recipe is too hard to get.) Unfortunately, the only strength polearm available in the game is Sturdy Yaungol Spear, which isn't all that good. It doesn't really matter since I don't plan on raiding or doing any dungeons with that character, but still.

Unless you level from dungeon runs only might I sugest Spear of Xuen? Yes I know it has no STR but the damage is far greater then the yaungol spear. I noticed a huge difference using it over the mantid str two-hander on my DK and now my warrior is using it. Best part is I upgraded it so it's even more of a wrecking ball from 85-89.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
04/07/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Demonhat
Your Guardian Druid can use the Two-Handed Mace

These patterns are a way to bring back the models for transmogging purposes

The only 2h Mace in ToT is a Caster item so no transmogging for my MH, not making it because it will eventually get replaced and the lack of 2h maces in the game, i guess my alt is going to get a badass looking weapon, how hard is it to design a polearm? I know what you mean by intent of giving something to the BS in terms of weapons but not updating the designs to be on par with newer content does not make sense to me.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
The thing is, it wouldn't be updating a design, it would be creating an entirely new one. All they had to do for these is slap new stats on the old skins.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Redbearon:
The Polearm has always been shown no love.

It isn't crafted but you can get a 463 pole with random stats from the bag rewards from random scenarios.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Seiryu:
Staves and Polearms share the same animations.

2H Maces share animations with 2H Swords and 2H Axes.

So no, you can't.

This confuses me. Couldn't they make it so any weapon just uses the animations associated with the weapon used for transmogging? That is, if you had a staff transmogged to look like a dagger, why not have it just use the dagger animations and the staff stats?

Rhen:
Unless you level from dungeon runs only might I sugest Spear of Xuen? Yes I know it has no STR but the damage is far greater then the yaungol spear. I noticed a huge difference using it over the mantid str two-hander on my DK and now my warrior is using it. Best part is I upgraded it so it's even more of a wrecking ball from 85-89.

Is it?

<checks Wowhead>

Oooh, it is. This is very good; I already have a Spear of Xuen. Thank you. :)

Tuesdays:
It isn't crafted but you can get a 463 pole with random stats from the bag rewards from random scenarios.

Which, again, would require group content—something I'm not sure I want to deal with. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/09/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Redbearon
Your Guardian Druid can use the Two-Handed Mace

These patterns are a way to bring back the models for transmogging purposes

The only 2h Mace in ToT is a Caster item so no transmogging for my MH, not making it because it will eventually get replaced and the lack of 2h maces in the game, i guess my alt is going to get a badass looking weapon, how hard is it to design a polearm? I know what you mean by intent of giving something to the BS in terms of weapons but not updating the designs to be on par with newer content does not make sense to me.

The final version of the Mace is 502, which is reasonable for a period of time. Also, the reason the patterns were added was to bring back the items themselves. When BSing specializations were removed, so where the original recipes you could get from the trainer, this means that until this happened if you didn't actually learn these during BC or Wrath you have no access to them at all, and a number of BS made complaints about the loss of the models before they had a chance to obtain them, or losing them from dropping the profession before Transmog was announced. This wasn't about creating a bunch of stuff for everyone, it was about returning something lost to a profession.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
This wasn't about creating a bunch of stuff for everyone, it was about returning something lost to a profession.

Well, that and filling in RNG gaps for weapon oriented classes. Though it is the same gap that was filled by the Molten Front weapons, with the same shortcomings (in general).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]