Ret stat priority

90 Human Paladin
Strength > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Haste > Mastery >= Crit

So just how important is Haste to a retribution paladin? On wow heroes it saids haste is more important than mastery, after I got my Brutal Talisman trinket, I started reforging all the left over Expertise to haste.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Haste reduces the ability and global cooldown on our entire base rotation. That is, it reduces the ACD and GCD on CS, HotR, Exo, and Jud, as well as the GCD on Inq, TV, and DS. It makes the rotation a lot faster, which speeds up our Holy Power generation and expenditure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
haste is extremely important. Like grognard said is speeds up holy power generation. One thing to keep in mind when gemming is 320 haste is a bigger boost than 160 str gems. Yellow gem sockets should be gemmed pure haste.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, Tri, you should be gemming with a haste bias - Quick yellows in yellow and prismatic sockets, Fierce oranges in red sockets, and Lightning greens in blue sockets.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=25956

This is a passive ability that Retribution and Protection Paladins have that makes our rotations scale with Haste rating. In essence, it makes it so that Haste rating makes everything go faster - our abilities go faster, cool down faster, and our entire rotation speeds up (and for Ret, your damage increases).

There are a few quirky abilities that don't work this way 100%, but for the most part you can just think of Haste for Retribution as "the stat that makes my entire rotation speeds up". The stat priority you linked is accurate, and you should definitely reforge into haste and be using orange (Str/Haste), yellow (Haste), and Green (Haste/Hit) gems.

And this isn't directly related to your question/post, but Glyph of Immediate Truth is a tremendous DPS loss on anything that doesn't fall over dead in a matter of seconds (basically anything over level 50ish) and Mass Exorcism strikes me as a poor glyph decision most of the time, you'd be better off leaving it as a ranged ability the majority of the time, I'd say. Replace them with decent defensive alternatives, particularly Templar's Verdict.
Edited by Tailias on 4/6/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
04/06/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Tailias
Mass Exorcism strikes me as a poor glyph decision most of the time, you'd be better off leaving it as a ranged ability the majority of the time, I'd say.

I rarely ever have issues with leaving Mass Exorcism in all of the time. :P Mass Exorcism is pretty awesome in ToT as well, so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The good paladins here have answer in full detail why haste is very good.

If you switch your gems to haste, bring your haste above 25%+ You will notice a huge boost in Dps from your current stats (of 10% haste.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah kinda late on the gemming, but thanks all. I'll remember to add haste gems to yellow slots the next time I get a gear piece that askes for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]