Durumu maze "nerf"

90 Dwarf Death Knight
No.

Then your argument is invalid
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/08/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Khahan

To be fair to Khahan that doesn't mean there is no glitch with his specific video card, graphics drivers and overall system setup colliding in some bizarre way. The best way to demonstrate this is the one he abjectly refuses to do, of course.

I'll know in a week when my new comp is here and put together.

In case you're confused, people are asking for a screenshot because the internet is full of liars. In order for anyone to believe your underlying assertion, you have to provide them proof that the issue exists in the first place. You are highly unlikely to get any meaningful input until you provide that evidence; otherwise you're going to get a lot of 'you're doing it wrong'.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
At least (and it is more) 52,600 people according to Wowprogress have successfully done the maze.

Wowprogress tracks players' handling of specific mechanics now?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
04/08/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Autumni
At least (and it is more) 52,600 people according to Wowprogress have successfully done the maze.

Wowprogress tracks players' handling of specific mechanics now?

Well, I'm assuming since 5,260 guilds have killed Durumu normal, at minimum that many (assuming all 10m which its not ofc) people have successfully navigated the maze since you aren't killing it (certainly not in 10m) with a single person dying to the maze each time because they "can't see it". They all might've struggled, but they all eventually learned it. It's not a mechanic you can do hand holding. Everyone's gotta do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That should tell you more than a screen shot would when I just described exactly what the screenshot will look like. Get a mental picture of durumu's room. Now put the boss in floating in the middle and cover the whole room in that purple gas cloud. There's your screenshot.

The problem is ethos. No one on the internet knows who you are, so they have to assume you're dumb, because 99% of the time (made up, but it should be clear) of similar claims are stupid people.

It's nothing personal, but if you listened to what people posted on the forums, pigs would be flying during durumu.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I also really don't understand the purpose in that gif that was linked of backing up into the initial opening. it opens when you're still standing in an open area, just wait for it to open ahead of you and go in...

Oh I would say going back into the spots is a complete waste of time.

It's a perfect demonstration of the phenomenon where the safe spot is clearly visible but people are too busy staring at the ground and then crying about how everything is a BLOB OF PURPLE THAT THEY CAN'T SEE ANYTHING IN.

In case you're confused, people are asking for a screenshot because the internet is full of liars. In order for anyone to believe your underlying assertion, you have to provide them proof that the issue exists in the first place. You are highly unlikely to get any meaningful input until you provide that evidence; otherwise you're going to get a lot of 'you're doing it wrong'.

It goes beyond that; if there is an actual issue and it's related to certain types of hardware, the only possible course Blizzard has to fix it would be identifying the hardware, setting up something in-house, testing it personally and testing any changes they make against that.

A chat log snippet of someone whining in raid chat doesn't really achieve the same thing.

All of this:
"Blizzard has the info they need, the raid numbers, the times, a chat with me with. And the gm never asked for a screen shot. Its not needed."
is none of the info that Blizzard needs. It's about as useful to them as you blogging about what you ate for breakfast.
Edited by Slashlove on 4/8/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i can see the damn floor just fine on normal
people are just making excuses
u run it enough times and u will start to get it
hell ive wiped to him at least 30 times on normal and have to down it to a T
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Oh I would say going back into the spots is a complete waste of time.

How so? If you don't go back into the safe zones and instead wait for the maze to develop around you, it has a pretty good chance of developing on top of you instead, which if not fatal is certainly suboptimal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm colorblind, I have a hell of a time seeing anything and have to follow a raid member. So stuff your making excuses comment. I welcome any changes where I don't hinder our raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
It was hard to see for maybe the first 3-4 attempts during our first week. Since then we don't lose anyone to it?

Go slow, inch along, and be comfortable with being inches from the beam. Heck, don't move based on the beam's speed/location, just ignore it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/08/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Azane
No.

Then your argument is invalid

"the maze phase were causing debilitating performance issues for some users’ computer hardware configurations."

LOL I am PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPED to see were you're gonna take your argument now.

ITT me with popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It's performance fixes and a change to the way the initial safe zones spawn. I hope this clears up the problems some people were having doing the maze.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
"the maze phase were causing debilitating performance issues for some users’ computer hardware configurations."

It doesnt cause any performance issues.

Delete your WTF folders and clear your cache and turn off addons.

Also, LFR now leaves an entire pie slice open, it's ridiculous.

14 dead to lazer before it started still.
Edited by Azane on 4/9/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Ran this again again last night. Needless to say the maze is absolutely pathetic now. Congratulations Blizzard, you ruined another fun boss after only a few weeks. If they nerved heroic too I'm uninstalling
Reply Quote
It doesnt cause any performance issues.

Great argument.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]