'Haunting Spirits" & Blacksmithing

90 Night Elf Hunter
AS a BS I have acquired all the 'reborn' patterns from the TI forge quest.
Now I need 'Haunting Spirits' which I understand can be DE'd from 522 gear only.
Is there anyway to obtain 'Haunting Spirits' other than running an Enchanter though the Thunder King Raid to obtain this item? Or buying them from trade?
I cannot not for the life of me figure out how my BS can get! Please help.
Reply Quote
52 Pandaren Monk
Doesn't look like it I'm afraid. If you've got a suggestion about how you'd rather these items work you're welcome to post it to the Professions forum.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
Much like in the last tier with blood spirits, raid level item creation requires items obtained in raids. When the next tier comes out, it is likely that you will then be able to purchase them as you can now with blood spirits.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
this tiers at least for some including tailors as well you dont even step in a raid to learn. it would make sense as that is the case to at least let lfr drops make them
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I thought they dropped from LFR T15 content as well, though I imagine the drop rate is lower then on 522 or heroic items.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The haunting spirits aren't anything to do with the Reborn weapons, they're used for the 522 pve pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I saw some comments on wowhead saying there's a 50/50 chance to DE on LFR ToT gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I saw some comments on wowhead saying there's a 50/50 chance to DE on LFR ToT gear.

Not unless I am quite unlucky 0 for 5 from tot lfr gear.
Reply Quote
I was thinking about this LW, BS, Tailors, Engineers and JC get disassemble item /Reverse engineer item. Breaks down a Item from there specific prof to get crafting mats. Just like Enchanters they could have the same chance to proc haunting spirits and blood spirits or any other special mat for crafting. That way each crafting prof does not have to rely on one to get its special mat. It would also keep the one prof from driving up the price up at the begining of each patch.On my server the haunting spirits are going for 10-15k closer to the high end. Just a thought. Take it or leave it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@kroot
I love that ideal and it would give me something to do with all the pvp patterns I have.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I was thinking about this LW, BS, Tailors, Engineers and JC get disassemble item /Reverse engineer item. Breaks down a Item from there specific prof to get crafting mats. Just like Enchanters they could have the same chance to proc haunting spirits and blood spirits or any other special mat for crafting

That's fine except you would have to reverse engineer epics for the mats if you follow the enchanting pattern. You would either have to make 496/502 items and "de" them or use ones from LFR. Id go along with this, but I doubt blizzard would.
Reply Quote
I DE two 522 items, and still didnt get a haunting spirit
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
They are a raid level crafting material obtained through raiding. They are meant to be rare during the tier. After people start farming the content, they will become more available. There has always been an item like this for every tier and it is used as a gating mechanism.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Reverse engineering a raid level drop for the raid crafting component rather than raw materials or enchanting mats is an interesting idea. Though it would likely create 1-10 motes of haunting spirits rather than a full haunting spirit. The 502 gear would drop 1-3, 4-8 for 522 gear, and a full haunting spirit for heroic gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]