Why the 522 cannot make patterns?

100 Human Mage
Look I can be patient just like the next guy, but I am sick and tired of the give it to the big guilds and screw over the solo guilds and players. why the heck would you let me learn patterns I can never use (IE 522) so I cannot make the patterns I can use (458, 476) what kind of idiot is programing the professions anyway? I have had multiple 522 patterns drop from doing the daily Tailor and leather and Blacksmith items. I will never be able to use until you give access to the blood spirits so why the hell are you trying to piss off people who are looking to move away from wow because of server lvls. I can never make anything of value as all the people have geared by he time I get the mats to make them. I pay the same amount as the next guy to play this game and it would be nice not to see the jerks and cheaters make all the money with no way to make it self....tough to sell anything on empty server and can't get in anything that drops 522. How stupid are you guys? do you want us to quit? sorry that I am so pissed but as all my toons are on empty servers..i have to pay real money to transfer servers or go buy gold to get items that I do not have access to...NO cross realm raids till no longer sellable. please fix this issue or remove all 522 patterns to be fair to everyone.
Edited by Rástlin on 4/7/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I dont really understand why people have such a problem with having these patterns when they cant make them. You essentially got it for free. so if you cant afford the mats then just pretend you dont have it.
Edited by Zachfu on 4/7/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Ehh blood spirits are easy to get I have 30 banked and no idea what to do with them,

Haunting spirits not so much.
Reply Quote
OP, so much is wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

First, the items are available to anyone. This is the beauty of the AH. I'm not in a raiding guild myself (have not been since Lich King) and if I were of the mind to make the 522 items, which I probably will in the not too distant future, nothing would stop me. You do not have to farm the material yourself to make an item. The one item I ever farm for is Guardian Stones, and thats because I can never find them on the AH. Other than that it isn't worth the time.

Second, you act as if the really good items should be easy/cheap to acquire. This has rarely, if ever, been the case.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The developers made the 522 plans with the people who need them in mind, raiders. They need the two 522 pieces to offset bad RNG. People like you and I who only run LFR don't need 522s. In the end the only thing keeping you from making 522s for yourself is the availability of the haunting spirits. Find a raid guild and talk to them about getting haunting spirits form them if you are so determined to make your own 522s.

You also have to realize there are two sides to crafting items. Making them for your own use, and making items for someone who has the mats but not the plans. You can make a nice bit of change crafting 522s for people who have the mats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have tried to decipher the OP's post and i believe he is not actually ranting on about how he cannot acquire Haunting Spirits, but rather complaining at the fact that his daily discoveries are being wasted on patterns that he has no use for, and would rather be learning patterns that are of use to him.
Edited by Lichnomore on 4/7/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
But...the only other patterns you learn via discovery are the 458 pvp patterns which are completely useless to everybody...if he thinks there's 476 patterns to learn from it he's wrong ;p Only 476 recipes are from faction reps, 496 recipes are raid drops.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
yep..that is what I was saying..they are waste if blizzard only lets you get mats for gear that I can use...the moron gear from 522 is unusable just like past patches and gear pastern drops and wastes my time even having them. please remove the patterns from my learning as they onmly help people who raid at high end and just piss the rest of us off
Reply Quote
yep..that is what I was saying..they are waste if blizzard only lets you get mats for gear that I can use...the moron gear from 522 is unusable just like past patches and gear pastern drops and wastes my time even having them. please remove the patterns from my learning as they onmly help people who raid at high end and just piss the rest of us off

...I....I just...man I don't even know how to respond.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I think I know what he means (but could be wrong). Why have the ability to learn those patterns if you never have a chance to make them and if that is the case I agree.
Reply Quote
I think I know what he means (but could be wrong). Why have the ability to learn those patterns if you never have a chance to make them and if that is the case I agree.

I see two issues with that statement.

First, just because a particular player is not going to make it, does not mean it doesn't get made. How many players, when learning professions, do not learn all the patterns available at the trainer, despite how useless it might be?

Second, he *can* make it. The components are not bop (cept SoH or Imperial Silk, which are not hard to get if one is inclined). If his server has raiders, he can make it. Just stalk the AH. We don't need to farm our own stuff to make items. The question is does he *want* to make it. If yes, then he's going to have to put the work in to either make a deal with a raiding guild or get the gold to buy the material. Good items don't come cheap, and they shouldn't.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Ah well it maybe true if you don't mind paying between 18,000 to 25,000 gold per mat and if they are on ah to begin with. We would not have had this problem if blizzard either put them on a vendor(maybe 2 or 3 elder charms) or from some mob. They did not so we have this and why only blizzard know.
Reply Quote
Ah well it maybe true if you don't mind paying between 18,000 to 25,000 gold per mat and if they are on ah to begin with. We would not have had this problem if blizzard either put them on a vendor(maybe 2 or 3 elder charms) or from some mob. They did not so we have this and why only blizzard know.

The why is that these are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Not every item is meant for the most casual of players. The better stuff takes more effort, weather that comes in the form of raiding, or making gold so you can buy it.

It's the same principle as Swift Spectral Tigers, or heroic level gear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The why is that these are supposed to be difficult to obtain. Not every item is meant for the most casual of players. The better stuff takes more effort, weather that comes in the form of raiding, or making gold so you can buy it.

Exactly.

one :I love people who log onto lvl 1 to flame someone. Either log onto your main toons or shut up.Two: on both my main servers we have major population problem. It is kind of tough to come up with the $550 in real money to get to a server that has normal population instead of dead server...TY blizzard for giving all the free transfers to brazil servers as you really hosed us..no more pugs...and since there is no CR current content for raids not way to even get what is not there...one of the guilds on our server openly sells gold for real money (Sublime) and you do nothing about it. you kick people and then tell them they can make a new account just that they can't use the old one roflol. (no wonder they never come back) just how is that helping...either give us a way to make the items during current content or get rid of them. I pay the same as the rest of you...and you cheaters can go strait to hell.

All you do is LFR. You don't need 522 gear to do LFR, neither do I. These plans are for raiders, not casual players. You can still make the item for someone who gets the mats and then charge them. Yes you pay the same amount as everyone else does, they just put more effort into playing than you do. Im not on a level 1 alt, im not going to shut up. Patiently waiting your next rambling rant.
Edited by Arkthan on 4/8/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
if you do not have the opportunity to obtain mats to craft the 522 items for yourself, you probably do not need those items. the point of the 522 head and feet is to supplement the raiders going through normal and heroic who suffer from bad rng. my guild hasn't raided anything in months, and I am ok with this system how it is. these items aren't required, they are just nice to have as an available option if you want them and have the means of acquiring the haunted spirits (either a raiding guild that supplies them for you or can shell the gold out to buy them).
Reply Quote
one :I love people who log onto lvl 1 to flame someone. Either log onto your main toons or shut up.
Two: on both my main servers we have major population problem. It is kind of tough to come up with the $550 in real money to get to a server that has normal population instead of dead server...TY blizzard for giving all the free transfers to brazil servers as you really hosed us..
no more pugs...and since there is no CR current content for raids not way to even get what is not there...one of the guilds on our server openly sells gold for real money (Sublime) and you do nothing about it. you kick people and then tell them they can make a new account just that they can't use the old one roflol. (no wonder they never come back) just how is that helping...either give us a way to make the items during current content or get rid of them. I pay the same as the rest of you...and you cheaters can go strait to hell.

One. I am not flaming you. I am disagreeing and pointing out why. It is not my problem if you cannot handle that.

Two. I always post on this character on this forum, if only because it's my main AH character. The character I post from has nothing to do with the validity, or lack, of what I have to say. My main is Diablous on Sargeras/Alliance if it matters so much to you.

All I'm getting out of your posts is "I can't get/don't want to put the effort into getting these items, so nobody should have them." That's completely illogical, for reasons I have posted previously. Should Blizzard take out mounts you can't afford? Or remove heroic level raiding because you can't do it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Consortium has posted on his AH alt for as long as I've been using this forum. He gives out great information and suggestions making him a real asset to the Professions community. Whatever toon someone posts on is really of no concern when their information and advice is sound.

Also, for the record, I post on my main because I don't want you to know my AH toons. As someone who controls entire markets on two servers, I really don't want to get flamed and receive hatemail on my main. Thus I keep my AH toons a secret. Consortium is far braver than I in this regard. For more on Consortium check out Stormspire.net .
Reply Quote
Or perhaps more foolish, but then anonymity is not something I value overmuch.

Thanks for the kind words, Higeki. I value your contributions to the community here as well. You and Zachfu are probably the two best posters I've read here.

And, of course, I cannot recommend stormspire.net enough. Great bunch of people, many far smarter than I am, and I'm proud to be a member of that community.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
All I hear is a bunch of QQ from the OP.

Blood Spirits are easy to obtain, they drop from LFR bags, DE'ing 476+ gear, and you can purchase them from the valor vendor.

Haunting spirits are a bit harder to obtain. 50/50 chance to DE ToT gear, doesn't matter if it's LFR, Normal, or heroic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]