Halls of Flesh Shaping .. to hard for LFR

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
Blizzard you made it WAY to easy for folks to reach 480 ilvl to get into LFR Halls of Flesh Shaping. Alot of the people that are going to this have a 480 ilvl just from only a few epics and the 522 valor neck you handed out like candy on this new expansion.

Either UP the item level to get into the last 2 LFR's (ones not out yet) OR tone it way DOWN for LFR folks. You have folks with 480 ilvl pulling less then 40k DPS/HPS because they are not raiders. You have raiders making raids and setting it to LFR and carrying 1 or 2 actual LFR people. If your not lucky enough to be in that raiders raid I described you might as well give it up because there is WAY to much stuff/damage going on for 25 totally random none normal raiders to get it together. It also doesn't help when you are mixing servers that speak different languages in your LFR Q'ing.

This is not a QQ post, its a post of pure observation I hope someone at Blizzard takes it to heart so us none raiders (people that don't have the time to raid normal) may have a shot at completing the content released. Yes I understand if you do things right you can kill the bosses, but we are talking about LFR where usually more then half the people are totally face rolls who have no idea how to avoid anything at all.
90 Pandaren Shaman
The hardest part of Halls of Flesh Shaping LFR I found was Dururmu, and that is not because of any lack of gear. It's mechanics. Nobody died to lack of heals before the maze, and you can't heal through that. I think you need to stop being so elitist and thinking of everything in terms of item level.
Edited by Lometos on 4/7/2013 3:20 PM PDT
100 Tauren Shaman
They just need to fix Durumu's maze graphics. It does not draw the same way on everyone's computer.
100 Night Elf Druid
They just need to fix Durumu's maze graphics. It does not draw the same way on everyone's computer.

Turn particle density down if you are having trouble seeing the durumu maze. I personally don't find it very difficult to avoid, though some of my guildmates said that is the easiest way to see the maze whilst we were progressing through normal mode.
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard you made it WAY to easy for folks to reach 480 ilvl to get into LFR Halls of Flesh Shaping. Alot of the people that are going to this have a 480 ilvl just from only a few epics and the 522 valor neck you handed out like candy on this new expansion.

If you're so worried about who's getting loot, maybe it's time to try real raiding and leave the LFR heroes alone.
90 Undead Warlock
Well you have to think about ilvl because there is now in game performance meter (which there should be). Should be ilvl + performance barrier to enter raids at certain levels. Completion of lower raids don't say you personally have achieved anything it says you completed it. You may have been carried or you may have done your job very well there is no way to tell in the current state of the LFR. Having a dumby you actually had to heal a certain amount or DPS a certain amount per second unassisted to unlock the next LFR Q along with complete of the pervious LFR would be very helpful. It would show you had the ilvl and had the skill to actually do you job in a LFR at a minimum level needed.
90 Worgen Warrior
How to win at the Durumu maze:
- Stand near the beam during pre-cast. Watch for squiggly lines on one side of the death beam, then run to that side.
- Point the camera straight down so you can see the maze better.
- If you are tanking and are good at the maze, place a raid marker on yourself and order the raid to follow you.
90 Troll Rogue
I have wiped a number of times in the Throne of Thunder LFR. Not one of those wipes was from a lack of dps, hps, or tank survivability. Not one. Every single wipe was from people ignoring the mechanics of the encounter, and those wipes will still happen even with a dps requirement. I'd rather have a 40k dps in my group who knows to switch to the adds and move out of the bad than a 100k dps who just stands still and tunnels the boss.
90 Undead Warlock
[quote]If you're so worried about who's getting loot, maybe it's time to try real raiding and leave the LFR heroes alone.

I didn't say anything about loot sorry if you read that wrong. I'm also in a guild which I love to be in that only does 10m normal and the slots are/have been full. The guild is real friends that I have had for 20+ years so that leaves me doing LFR's which I have never minded until Halls of Shaping.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
It's the first week.

From what I'm reading and hearing, people are making some progress and some people are even finishing.

Doesn't sound all that bad to me.
90 Human Warlock
I have a feeling there will be a new wave of "LFR is too hard" topics come the 16th.
100 Goblin Warlock
Halls of Flesh Shaping, every time I read it, I get some perverted thoughts going through my head.

There is a visine for that. but to be on topic, yes i think it is a little too easy, but kids play so i quit worryin about it.
Edited by Devendas on 4/7/2013 3:39 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
It's the first week.

From what I'm reading and hearing, people are making some progress and some people are even finishing.

Doesn't sound all that bad to me.

/wave
9 Pandaren Monk
I have wiped a number of times in the Throne of Thunder LFR. Not one of those wipes was from a lack of dps, hps, or tank survivability. Not one. Every single wipe was from people ignoring the mechanics of the encounter, and those wipes will still happen even with a dps requirement. I'd rather have a 40k dps in my group who knows to switch to the adds and move out of the bad than a 100k dps who just stands still and tunnels the boss.

So much this. So. Much. It took my group an HOUR to do Primordius alone because the tanks wouldn't admit they weren't watching the purple pools and he kept healing and the DPS stopped hitting the adds the second they got their mutated. There was a point that I got unmutated and I COULDN'T get mutated again because there were no adds dying and we wiped before I could get more than two adds down on my own.
But anyone who likes a challenge should be willing to stick it out and learn the mechanics. .

I thought normal and heroic modes were there for those who like challenges. It's really tough to organize/coordinate 25 strangers just using raid chat (no vent). Doesn't make it fun either.
100 Undead Warrior
We shouldnt' have to tune down our graphics for something like a little fog. Alot of people play on ultra and have spent money on such. How can new content be so blatantly messed up that the only recourse is to dumb down our computers for one encounter?
100 Night Elf Druid
I made a thread suggesting a tutorial mode for lfr. Do you think enough people would do a tutorial to help with situations like this? I do. I think people would learn more by actually walking through the encounter with an npc than they do watching youtube vids or reading the dungeon journal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568887918
I disagree. Part of the experience of this game is learning to play it skillfully. This is a raid awareness check. You want to raid, even in the LFR, there are skills raiders must have, awareness is one, responding to mechanics is another. Nerfing the fight or changing the requirements wouldn't expand anyones gaming experience and wouldn't help improve anyones skills. It's a small thing, the fight is NOT hard compared to normal modes even in lower wings, I see people calling themselves raiders when all they have ever raided is the LFR, well, here's a small taste of real raiding, you can not ignore these mechanics, you can not stand in the fire, you can not defend yourself with a DPS meter, if you dont react and play with skill, you'll be dead, and if there are many meter readers in the raid, it's going to wipe and wipe alot until people turn off recount, stop thinking their numbers are all that matter and actually start playing the game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]