Blizz Form 10-K Annual Report Filed 2/22/13

90 Undead Mage
Posted by Barkloud
This is Blizzard's mess to clean up.

Blizzard didn't force players to move to servers and create the imbalances. As the player you quoted stated, many players pay for the transfer specifically because they want the imbalance.

Actually, he was RIGHT on that point. Jes sayin an all.
And reguardless of what/why/when/what time of the month it was for ya you decided to realm/faction change.. the PLAYERS didn't create it.. so why should it be left up to us to FIX it?

What really makes me mad though, is switching servers is a baseline free service in newer MMO's.

So given that allowing players the choice to transfer servers in the first place is what exacerbated if not created the major balance issues that exist, exactly why do you think making the service free would curb that behavior?

It won't unless you were to close off some servers.

But free x-fer isn't going to happen the way ppl think it's going to.

one word (well, technically three)

CRZ
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
staggering.

that word

i do not think you know what it means
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
04/08/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Lamort
staggering.

that word

i do not think you know what it means

is what happens when you've had too many Irish Car Bombs. Real or liquid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

They better NOT do free transfers. I transferred to a server with a huge Horde pop and a small Alliance one because I'm sick of dealing with Alliance. 6:1 is nice and I paid a lot of money to move here. If you don't like it, pay to move like the rest of us did.

I will not pay to move. It is not the money, it is the principal. This is Blizzard's mess to clean up.

Did you have server balance issues in Cata? Probably not.

My server was fine in Vanilla, BC, Wrath and Cata. Along comes MOP, where all the 90's need to spend there time doing dailies stacked on top of each other. All of a sudden you feel those server imbalances. Such poor poor planning.

I would demand your $25 back. You would not be the first nor the last to do so. Why should you are anyone else have to pay a $25 premium to enjoy the game you have already been playing for years.

Look at the return policy at so many businesses. Blizzard is wrong. What really makes me mad though, is switching servers is a baseline free service in newer MMO's.

Fight for your $25, what do you have to lose?

so what your saying is it takes to long to save up your allowance from mom and dad to pay the $25... get a job work a few hours and get over it. cost over $50 bucks to fill a gas tank and that only lasts 3 days.

get over yourself OP
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The way the bait glistened on that strange, pointy object was so enticing!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

If you just gave that dude a free realm transfer, he'd stop throwing out enticing troll bait :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Did you have server balance issues in Cata? Probably not.

My server was fine in Vanilla, BC, Wrath and Cata. Along comes MOP, where all the 90's need to spend there time doing dailies stacked on top of each other. All of a sudden you feel those server imbalances. Such poor poor planning.

Blatantly false.

Server imbalances have existed since Vanilla - some of my alts are the victims of free server transfers off of Destromath and Eldre'Thalas - from back before I even had a level 60.

I say 'victim's because I promise you, anywhere a free server transfer goes is not somewhere you want to be. Every single one of those characters is abandoned.
Edited by Amyiss on 4/8/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Dliver

If you just gave that dude a free realm transfer, he'd stop throwing out enticing troll bait :)

Giving in to tantrums rarely leads to good things in the future. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/08/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Tianjan

Giving in to tantrums rarely leads to good things in the future. ;)

Pretty sure there is even a medical name for it :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
so what your saying is it takes to long to save up your allowance from mom and dad to pay the $25... get a job work a few hours and get over it. cost over $50 bucks to fill a gas tank and that only lasts 3 days.

get over yourself OP

I recommend some long deep breaths.....

LOL.

You should in fact take that advice.

I could care less I just love to wind up trolls :)
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
04/08/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Barkloud
My point to what you highlighted is that Blizzard employees are paid to make sure they maintain their player base as long as possible.

If the game stagnates, how does that maintain a playerbase? Yes, I'm splitting hairs a little, but I'm trying to make you understand that your intent with this thread is really unclear. Going on tangents about dailies and WPvP on a PvP server isn't helping either.

Also, just a side note: sub numbers are the total number of existing players that keep subscribing PLUS the number of new players that start playing. Players have been quitting the game since the day it launched for various reasons, many of which are out of Blizzard's control. Maintaining the same sized playerbase means finding ways to attract new players, not just clinging desperately to the players that are already there.
Reply Quote
Could careless on this subject. Aslong as content is being developed at a quicker pace and I enjoy raiding..that's all that matters..not sub loss

Older games lose people everyday it's a cycle..not everyone is gonna play the same game forever

If you do not like the game..stop playing..otherwise stop complaining
Edited by Obliquity on 4/8/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Oh yay you can be witty and no help at all.

And you expect players to foot the bill to move toons, And or waste more time and money (yes money because rerolling to a new server takes time And time = Money friend) So they can play the game the way it was supposed to be played?

You allowed things to get like this and then tell people who already pay to either pay more or restart? And you're ok with this? Pathetic, Sad and just down right laughable.

And what's worse is so many people kissing blizz butt in this thread, And tbh they are the reason things wont change.
Edited by Ranker on 4/8/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight

Bad Zar. You should know, by now, not to take clear trollbait from strangers. Go to the shame corner and think about what you've done Mister.

You allowed things to get like this and then tell people who already pay to either pay more or restart? And you're ok with this? Pathetic, Sad and just right laughable.

So, what's YOUR solution to players willfully and intentionally rolling on whatever server they please, including realms that have a clear population imbalance, that doesn't step on player's ability to roll on realms with their friends or somehow screw the player base over?
Edited by Deatherknite on 4/8/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
TL,DR:

OP wants free bulk character transfers because of WPvP happening on a PvP server and is blaming everyone but himself for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I am a developer on a growing platform that has many development teams. What we had many years ago was a closet to sit the handful of developers we had in.

Fast forward a decade+ and we have an entire floor dedicated to our staff. The development teams have grown 5 fold. Has there been difficult moments? That goes without saying. Talent varies and so does wisdom. You have to deal with everyone on an individual basis. Generally though it has been positive and our management structure has taken it in stride.

You'll know when a company is doing bad when the talent starts to flee. I know this from a management perspective. The good folks who feel they can do better almost always will do better by jumping ship. If they perceive the grass being greener elsewhere they are as good as gone. The market is tough for some people but not A-list developers.

I've witnessed this by watching poor managers demand too much in hours, give too little in salary and make their employees feel unappreciated. 9/10 times they will be left with the folks who don't care about what they are working on. The same people who show up every single day to work their 8 hours and go home. As an employer you can have these people but you can't be overwhelmed with them. You need guys (and gals) who are so demanding of themselves that they see a double shift as sometimes necessary on salary pay.

A company is only as good as the people they hire. No level of intelligent management can curtail the brain drain from that point on. The AAA titles are lost this way.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I find OP's name rather appropriate.

Barkloud, much like a chihuahua, Barks loudly but in the end can only get at your ankles.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]