Open Libram LXXIV: Inquistion is HARD!!!

100 Draenei Paladin
04/08/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Vlada
I thought it was high time we had this title

You're welcome

:3

All credit to you of course.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to have to wrack my brain to find some more trolly titles.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Vlada, I'm'na assume you missed it last Libram, but, whenever you get the chance, I'm on that new DK.

B-Tag - Grognard#1334
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya, I was engaged in the ultimate time killer... cat napping.
90 Tauren Paladin
04/08/2013 08:10 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Big turtle seems like it's going to be a real wall for us. :|

Really?

What's giving you trouble?

dps >.> possibly execution but damage is an issue, because it's always an issue... we get one turtle down, switch to bats, get the first breath interrupted, bats are still up when the next stomp happens. Tank instantly dies. We were very consistent on that pattern for about two hours.

Do you have a log report?

In our group, melee were traditionally on bats/boss. We had a Guardian Druid tank the bats, and a Blood DK on boss
We had one assigned kicker ( Ret paladin ), and we made sure that the turtle that was being kicked for Stonebreath was clear of any players after Quake Stomp.

Do you have a Disc priest? You can SS every other Quake Stomp. The damage after Quake stomp's when the Stalactites hit is nature, so Devotion Auras should be used there.
Tranq + SWG is good too, but you can blanket rejuv right before the quake stomp.

If bats aren't dying before the Quakes though, you might need to change assignments. As long as a turtle is up for quake stomp, putting everyone on bats to ensure they die is probably a good idea.

If you do run into spare turtles though, you can kick them into the bats + the boss for more damage. Dat Shell Concussion!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Heh, more of you should help level my bank guild :D

Sniggle Giggits is not recruiting... but we'll take you, I guess.
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah saw a commercial for that new Teen Titans show coming out. Also watched a youtube video with an interview of the creators where they said they didn't know anything about the original show.

I cannot believe CN thinks that this is how people wanted Teen Titans to come back. I thought CN was making a come back with Toonami, which is where Young Justice should have been instead of cancelled, but I don't know.

Kids today. Bah.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone got any ideas of a way I can convince my gm to let me switch from my shammy back to this pally? Trying to prep for any argument or worry he might have...
100 Draenei Paladin
Anyone got any ideas of a way I can convince my gm to let me switch from my shammy back to this pally? Trying to prep for any argument or worry he might have...

Why is he telling you he wants you on your Shaman over your Paladin?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My shammy is enhance and one of the better dps in the raid group, and ret hasn't exactly had the best rep for dps this xpac for one. He's also worried that in allowing me to switch, other people might be like 'Oh, hey, yeah, I wanna main switch to...'
90 Troll Shaman
Let's also mention that the shammy has so much more gear. Thing is, the raid group is already agi heavy, only like 1 str user in the 25 man and I'm the most recent agi addition that is comfortable playing a different character seeing as my ret was my main in wrath and cata.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
we gave it to a warrior

what's a warrior?
sweet sweet skull banner, wherefore art thou?

We had one assigned kicker ( Ret paladin ), and we made sure that the turtle that was being kicked for Stonebreath was clear of any players after Quake Stomp.

we found it advantageous to make sure multiple people know how to kick properly, we use a mage mostly, but a shadow priest does it if the mage can't get to it in time. melee doing it was bad for us since the turtles end up flying every which way and melee tend to want to stay in that little corner by his right side.

tell him more tank and raid cooldowns from the ret then from the enhance.
Edited by Vladja on 4/8/2013 10:49 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried that, Vladja, didn't exactly sway him one way or the other.
100 Draenei Paladin
Well he has the perfect excuse for the rest of the guild when he says he let you switch because they're agil heavy.

If Ret being comparable in DPS along with having better raid utility isn't enough to sway him then he's being thick in my opinion. I do hope he doesn't buy into the general BS of Ret DPS being terrible.

That is a pretty decent gear disparity though considering your Shaman has already been through the entire Tier with the guild.

Maybe you should have brought this up at the start of 5.2. <_<
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/8/2013 10:57 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried that, Vladja, didn't exactly sway him one way or the other.

i'm outta ideas then :(

having our ret's cooldowns for tanks lets us cheese a lot of tank swaps and run light on healers.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've only been in the guild for 3 weeks and we didn't have that many agi users. Since then, he's recruited at least 4 more, none of which are any good on a different toon.

And it's not like I'm planning to main switch overnight. Was thinking till this pally catches up on gear, use the shammy for progression while bringing this in for farm so the guild isn't so massively held back.
Edited by Sevílon on 4/8/2013 11:00 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
04/08/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Sevílon
I've only been in the guild for 3 weeks and we didn't have that many agi users.

Ah.

Well I think your argument is about as sound as it can be then. Comparable DPS, better utility that could allow your raid make up to do different things and less competition in the agil department.

Also tell him he's dumb if he buys into what most idiots say about Ret Paladins.

May the rabble be with you.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 4/8/2013 11:01 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And it's not just the agi thing, we're running 6 shamans, and he's saying hes got another one or two on the way possibly. Plus our monk, two hunters, and our warrior, thats a lot on the prot token.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Guess it depends on what kind of guild you joined. Plus, you've only been there for 3 weeks. I don't know if that's long enough to let someone just do that, when there are others that would probably like to, as well. You probably aren't the only person he's !@#$-blocked.

No one wants to compete against that many people. Something feels off, like he's clueless or there's some shamaniggans going on in the background.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
He has admitted that he really loves the shaman class... But I went through, compiled the numbers for him to look at, had everything fully thought out for him (except what to say if others wanted to main switch), and honestly don't care which toon I play, I'm just trying to help balance gear distribution for the raid as a whole since as it stands we'd need 8 fans from twins when we haven't even seen one yet. The gm has been pretty cool about everything so far and doesn't seem unreasonable, he might just be cautious and making sure I didn't skew any of the numbers or something.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]