Open Libram LXXIV: Inquistion is HARD!!!

90 Draenei Paladin
I use target macros, cancelaura macros and ability combination macros. I don't even have any mouseover macros and I thought that made me low key.

Really you don't have a cancelaura for Divine Shield or HoP? I find those essential especially for Tanking.

I also like having my HA and AW in one button, I also have a few vanity macros that change ability icons. Like my Divine Shield still uses the old icon and my rebuke is still what is now the FoJ icon.

Shockingly I don't really mind clicking, as long as you can still quickly move yourself with the mouse who cares.

If they'd make the turning speed of the keys adjustable it's almost be a moot point.
90 Human Paladin
Hmm well I havent tanked much this xpac, and to be honest DS is lowest on my 'oh crap' button priorities during a raid, LOH on myself is infinitely more useful.

I would like a macro to pop my cds for burst phases though, just havent ever figured out what to put for it
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Most of my macros are just mouseovers, which I mostly use for healing and hands. Oh and a few offensive spells, like HoJ or taunt.

This judgment macro is pissing me off though, I think cause I'm reliving MoP launch when I discovered that my macro wouldn't fire off on a training dummy. So here I am, with the same problem.
90 Draenei Paladin
04/09/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Hmm well I havent tanked much this xpac, and to be honest DS is lowest on my 'oh crap' button priorities

Even as Ret I find it extremely useful and sometimes preferable to use it to soak mechanics and then quickly cancel it.

would like a macro to pop my cds for burst phases though, just havent ever figured out what to put for it

This is the one I use.

#showtooltip Holy Avenger
/cast Holy Avenger
/cast Avenging Wrath

So here I am, with the same problem.

Wish I could help, but like I said I only use the most basic of macros. <_<

For things like quick and easy hand spells I actually use my Tauntmaster addon.
90 Human Paladin
Well I never claimed to be a good player, with 102980 keybindings and macros lol
90 Draenei Paladin
Well I never claimed to be a good player, with 102980 keybindings and macros lol

Stop being bad.

You bad.

Bad, bad, bad.

I'm kidding.
90 Human Paladin
04/09/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

Stop being bad.

You bad.

Bad, bad, bad.

I'm kidding.

=(
90 Human Paladin
Well you're too leet for us Lobster
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like how I have the neutral mob targeted and the game says I have no target :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Never got the whole macro thing.

weirdo. i find a some classes completely unplayable without macros ( ahemwarriorwarlockahem) though i do think paladins are probably one of the more forgiving ones when it comes to macro usage.

i could never get the focus judgement macro for double jeopardy to work properly, i just mouse over retarget, which probably means i'm wasting gcds, but gcd management has never been my strong suit. my paladin macros have spread out into my general macros section because i can't bring myself to delete my holy macros (i still have righteous defense in my holy shock macro lol)

it was a good day when i deleted my heroic spine macros though.
Edited by Vladja on 4/9/2013 10:47 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Judgment
/cast [mod, @focus][exists] Judgment

That's the macro I use for DJCleaving. Works well enough when I remember to set a focus.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I accidentally purchased the traveler's mammoth thinking I could sell it back. Only 8k gold left yayy.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I could get a repair mammoth and still have a good bit of gold, but I'm saving for the reforge yak. >_<
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/08/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Carbuncle
Do you have a log report?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cnx1utvplk6h160k/sum/damageDone/?s=2343&e=2855
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cj8hgac7svkjja2l/sum/damageDone/?s=1101&e=1363

Council last night and JR a couple weeks ago, because it helps illustrate what's going on.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cnx1utvplk6h160k/sum/damageDone/?s=4902&e=5060 and basically our best attempt on Tortos.

Guardian is on Tortos, paladin on the bats, I was on bats along with a hunter. We have a disc, but it's not actually the damage of stomp that causes death, it's the stun because there's still bats up.

First turtle is killed so we have one dead for breath, then everyone switches (conceptually, I seriously doubt that it's happening) to bats, and when the stomp comes, there's somewhere between 2-3 and all of the bats still alive. Tank dies instantly in the stun.
90 Human Paladin
Council is a terrible fight for us to be honest x.x
90 Human Paladin
So like, I'm super horrible with macros. But most of the ones I use are simple enough that I know how they work. And can at least reproduce them when necessary.

Problem I have is with Judgment. Which, I vaguely remember having massive issues with when MoP launched and I had to scrap my mouseover macro. I know the spelling has changed, that's obviously not the problem.

I want, in one line, for Judgement to be cast on my focus and if there isn't, then to cast it on my target. I had it work, until I tried to cast on a neutral target, like a critter. It doesn't fire off, even with [@target] in the macro. I've been searching the interwebs, but I honestly don't even know wtf to look for since this macro shouldn't be that complicated.

/cast [@focus] ______ Judgment

That's all I got that works 100% lol.

HALP!

Either of these should work:
/cast [@focus, exists, nohelp][@target] Judgment
or
/cast [@focus, exists, nohelp]Judgment; Judgment

I suspect that you're doing something like
/cast [@focus][@target] Judgment
? which would indeed just give an error message if you don't have a focus target. You need a way for it to skip the focus bracket if not applicable.
Edited by Ravicana on 4/9/2013 12:45 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Council is a terrible fight for us to be honest x.x

Lots of the fights in ToT are quite bad for us!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lots of the fights in ToT are quite bad for melee!

Fixed!
90 Draenei Paladin
So I accidentally purchased the traveler's mammoth thinking I could sell it back. Only 8k gold left yayy.

lol only 8k gold... I'm down to bellow 1k after buying a few gems and flasks for the week. <_<
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]