Assassination and mastery

90 Human Rogue
Ok, so I'm 108% mastery when raid buffed. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH mastery? Should I just keep reforging mastery or should I start hedging towards haste at this point?

I'm pretty happy with my DPS but I'm wondering if I could bump it by moving toward a bit more speed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com
This should answer your question
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Ok, so I'm 108% mastery when raid buffed. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH mastery? Should I just keep reforging mastery or should I start hedging towards haste at this point?

I'm pretty happy with my DPS but I'm wondering if I could bump it by moving toward a bit more speed.

as long as you are keeping snd and rupture up, haste is more or less useless.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Haste isn't useless.
Edited by Avengard on 4/18/2013 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Rofl, who said haste was useless. Haste increases melee attack speed, increasing instant poison application from envenom. Learn to play PvE, scrub PvP rogue and don't talk unless you know anything more than nonsense.

i promise i know more about this class than you. promise.

snd + rupture + envenom (which is !@#$ you should be using anyway) >>> any benefit you'd get from haste, either with energy regen, attack speed or poison application.

haste is now, and has been for a while, the lowest secondary stat priority for assassination rogues. mastery is king.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Pretty sure the OP is referring to PvE, not PvP, Shear. (Thus his/her reference to "raid buffed.") In PvE, haste is not an especially unattractive stat -- in fact, if you've got two of the new RPPM proc trinkets equipped, it can be the *highest* secondary stat priority (after the special hit cap), due to how well RPPM procs synergize with haste.

But mastery is indeed generally gonna be the go-to secondary stat.
Edited by Rfeann on 4/17/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This post has been deleted.
Edited by Avengard on 6/23/2013 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Rofl Shear, you are such a scrub. Promise. We're talking about PvE, <removed> off back to your <removed>hole PvP land where you're not even rated. You know nothing and your English is next to terrible. There's a palpable distinction between useless and not preferred. Also as stated with RPPM trinkets, haste will supersede mastery at a certain point. Shadowcraft concurs with the information if you input in the correct equipment, haste will increase your dps more.

Get two heroic RPPM trinkets and eve.. oh wait, you've not completed any PvE content? Why are you even typing? No rating in arena, no PvE content cleared, why are you even playing? 1.4k RBG? Damn son, you're the man.. of the beta scrubs. Take your knowledge of stupidity and shove it down your throat elsewhere.

<removed> FOTM rogue.

<removed> all ive done with my rogue is pvp... from the southshore zerg to the introduction of the honor system. you can keep your lame <removed> scripted fights. easy as piss. a monkey could do it. literally.

fotm? you serious?

you're the one consulting a spreadsheet to know how to play his rogue, chump.
Edited by Harlsoco on 4/17/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Both of the kids, Shear and Avengard need to pipe the fu*k down!!

Sit down kiddies let an old rogue spin a tale or two, you might learn something.

To the OP, for a PvE situation there is no Mastery cap. You benifit more from that then any other stat. HOWEVER! I would hold off of reforging into it. Haste is importat yes, but not all important, same with Crit. If you have a little extra hit/expertise and can let some go... sure! reforge into haste over crit I would say.
Faster poison application, faster energy regen, faster weapon speed. It's all good.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
you're the one consulting a spreadsheet to know how to play his rogue, chump.

Lol, I didn't realize that those who created Shadowcraft were know-nothing losers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
TF
i promise i know more about this class than you. promise.

snd + rupture + envenom (which is !@#$ you should be using anyway) >>> any benefit you'd get from haste, either with energy regen, attack speed or poison application.

Avengard is right not you. So Shear riddle me this, do you know more about PvE dps than I do? Haste and crit alternate as assassination's second most powerful secondary stat (after hit and exp cap) with haste becoming on par or even ahead of mastery with the legendary meta.

Haste increases energy regen, envenom uptime (and therefore deadly poison procs), ppm uptime, and white swings.

And please, before you come at me with your tales of pvp dominance feel free to check my arena achievements.
Edited by Saz on 4/17/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Keep stacking mastery and don't pay too much mind to haste until you're sporting 2 RPPM trinkets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]