Tank Lounge #68: Fututanka

90 Draenei Warrior
Welcome to the tank lounge.

This thread is a thread for us tanks to get a chance to meet each other and relax. This is the place to post about your adventures in tanking, vent about DPS/healers (gently), or just chat off-topic.

We are all friends here, so if you have any disagreements please take them outside, and please please follow the forum rules and code of conduct:

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866

The previous lounge can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569148638
The first lounge:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973014205

If this thread caps, I ask the person with post number 501: please create another thread with a similarly-themed name and post these rules; so we can continue discussion.

Celyn has personally emailed wowreportedpost@blizzard.com asking permission to post this thread here in the tanking forums and been told this thread is okay, so long as we follow the rules. So have a seat, relax and lets get to know each other!

Play nice, ladies and gentlemen.

Obligatory post saying about how awesome I am or whatever!
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
90 Pandaren Monk
H Jin'rokh down! :D Got some work on H Ji-kun, though that'll wait until next week.

A couple of tips for the former that I picked up: if you have the ability to prevent the Ionization debuff (Cloak, bubble, Iceblock, etc)...don't. Save that ability for the dodging bit. Requires a bit more coordination with your healers, but worth it.

Secondly, on the dance...stand in one spot and strafe left and right to dodge rather than running all over the place. Much easier.
Edited by Meixie on 4/17/2013 10:16 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Monk
I keep bouncing between my DK and monk. I really ought to pick a character if I want to start raiding again :X

On an unrelated topic, now that Spartacus is over, I don't know what to do with myself. My life is...meaningless now.
Edited by Valynar on 4/17/2013 10:39 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
My mind went to the gutter with what this topic was referencing

also

By the end of the fight, the bats swarm is so dense, it's like 1 bat flapping a 100 wings ... then you die, and they spread like a locust consuming the raid lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJsjeoP8_w

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=f4gqcwhOiBY#t=27s
?
90 Pandaren Monk
amg, Paladin actually won something from LFR!
90 Pandaren Warrior
So I was trying to find something to clean out of my gear bag to make room for tier legs (My gear bag is jam packed with "Waiting until I'm ready to break 4 pc" items) and I realized I've had a new weapon for 2 or 3 weeks and the prismatic socket is still sitting in my bags.
Edited by Ðemolition on 4/17/2013 11:09 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
So I was trying to find something to clean out of my gear bag to make room for tier legs (My gear bag is jam packed with "Waiting until I'm ready to break 4 pc" items) and I realized I've had a new weapon for 2 or 3 weeks and the prismatic socket is still sitting in my bags.
Love those moments.

Thank goodness they only happen on my healers.
90 Pandaren Monk
Last night was just not my night. Midway through Horridon I find out my basement's leaking (and I'm sitting in my basement to raid). Take a break to figure things out, find a hole in one part that is gushing water like it's a hose. Standing puddles in my room. Someone goes to get one of those vacuums that work on water so I figure I'll do another boss. Kill Council, bow out for a replacement while I deal with the standing water. Get it all taken care of, come back, get invited back for Ji-Kun. Ten seconds into the pull I lose power. Then another storm rolls in while I'm sleeping and now my bedroom is under an inch of water. In 20+ of living in this house I've never seen anything like this.

EDIT: And it's still raining! :(
Edited by Stonebreath on 4/18/2013 5:53 AM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
Yay, Trollduar cleared!

Now I just need to get my kill.
39 Worgen Warlock
FPS problems at every Lei Shen pull. Disabled Skada, still happening. Disabled everything but elvUI and WeakAuras, still happening. Not just to me, to a lot of people in the raid.

Fixes itself by the end of the first Thunderstruck, but SO BAD and SO ANNOYING until then.
90 Dwarf Monk
Yeah, it seems to be a common issue. I've heard its everything from stormlash to stampede/army to boss mods. Would love to know the cause.
90 Pandaren Monk
I've heard several players from my raid complain about that ... but I never had any issue with it.

So it's probably an addon or a combination of addons.
90 Pandaren Warrior
I raid on a toster and I'm safe from the lag out mechanics for the most part \o/
90 Dwarf Warrior
I raid on a toster and I'm safe from the lag out mechanics for the most part \o/

Four slice or two slice?
81 Gnome Death Knight
04/18/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Khazzon

Four slice or two slice?

The hardware's not as important as the software.

Are you running Toaster XP, Toaster 7, Toaster 8 or NetBSD?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I LOVE IT WHEN MY FEVER IS HIGH ENOUGH TO CAUSE WIZARDS TO VISIT MY BEDROOM
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I LOVE IT WHEN MY FEVER IS HIGH ENOUGH TO CAUSE WIZARDS TO VISIT MY BEDROOM

Be less sick. But on the 'fever' subject, I was running a pretty high fever on election day, and I went to go vote, and was trying to explain to my cousin afterwards how the election machine was trying to talk to me but I was ignoring it...

Also:

Oh believe me I told him to put his big boy pants on, (then linked dmg done, taken, healed along with pointing out that my co-tank and I were the last alive) and said this proves I deserve the belt more than you.

Side note, I love being able to negate Static Wound.

Warriors can do it too.

Twice.

Sometimes I need a PW:S

>.>

But I have gotten pretty good at timing a double barrier when the other tank gets thrown

Just taunt back right before throw, nps.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just taunt back right before throw, nps.

Eh...We did that some pulls and it seemed worse.

If he gets thrown with no debuff, I'm at low stacks (~3-4) and can barrier / max range and probably not even take a hit before it falls off.

If he takes the throw he gets a 10 stack while im still stunned
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I take the stun, then mine drops off as the stun drops off, and he gets his debuff and then I taunt back and he's already in the puddle.

The only one that's tough is the 2nd one, the timer is just never right. I get it 'most' times, but if I don't I just use a cooldown and he taunts when the stun if off. It works really well on heroic too, reducing the amount of AOE damage that goes out.

BUT if you can already reduce it with AMS and barrier then there's prolly no reason for it.
90 Human Death Knight
Ten seconds into the pull I lose power. Then another storm rolls in while I'm sleeping and now my bedroom is under an inch of water. In 20+ of living in this house I've never seen anything like this.

EDIT: And it's still raining! :(
Sounds as if you live near me.
Edited by Guidance on 4/18/2013 11:56 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]