Best Ret Trinket Choice

100 Blood Elf Paladin
So today I looted Primordius' Talisman of Rage which replaces Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. I kmow that Spark of Zandalar and Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun are the BiS trinkets for Ret Paladins this tier. Right now I have at my disposal Primordius' Talisman of Rage , Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and Spark of Zandalar. Ive heard that the promordius one has a really bad uptime but if you get lucky you can get some good numbers. So my question is, which combinaiton between this 3 will give me the highest dps until I can get my hands on the Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun.
Edited by Xavaran on 4/17/2013 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I looked this up today.

Google: MoP Ret BiS trinket

I'd tell you myself, but my name isn't Google.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I looked this up today.

Google: MoP Ret BiS trinket

I'd tell you myself, but my name isn't Google.

By looking at your armory I can see that google didnt help you out much. Gaze of the twins does literally nothing for Ret Paladins, and a lot of the "BiS" lists like the ones from Maxdps are not accurate. Also I wasn't asking for a BiS list im asking if anyone knows if any of this trinkets make a solid combo. Please dont reply if you are not going to give constructive feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hmm, The new rPPM system Blizzard introduce with Throne of Thunder on trinkets has made it very difficult for theory crafters to accurately pin point a BIS list.

My best advice would be to test all trinkets out on your own, parse yourself using each trinket and see their Up time, proc rate and measure how they line up with your cool downs.

I do agree that Spark of Zandalar Is BIS for ret, as for the 2nd one I, personally, would prefer Gaze of the Twins This is not saying GotT is or should be RET BIS trinket #2. I just find it very reliable for my play style.
The proc rate, for me, is on average of 50% 40% low end and 60%+ on lucky high up times. There is alot of *potential with the other trinkets* but since they are rPPM and not static on que with ICD as before( Personally, I'd much prefer reliability over potential.)

It has a lot of strength and the proc rate is consistent.(Most likely due to my set up in raids 30% crit buff)

I am by no means the best ret or one of the best. But I do strive to improve my play while remaining competitive in the ret class, ranking several times in world of logs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Gaze of the twins does literally nothing for Ret Paladins

Not entirely true, but I do recommend before using Gaze of the twins to be 14-15% self buff crit.

Otherwise the trinket losses out in its up time of the proc. Also, you shouldn't sacrifice haste or master for crit to reach a stable beneficial state of the trinket. Thus, for lower ilvl gear ret gaze is not very good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Spark of Zandalar is BiS for pretty much any current gear setup.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I breifly used the LFR version of Primordius' Talisman of Rage and I found the up-time actually really good, but the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault the LFR version so I currently use Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. and Spark (Thunderforged).

If I were you, I would use the Primordius' Talisman of Rage with spark, unless you need the expertise from the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault.

Gaze of the twins does literally nothing for Ret Paladins

Not entirely true, but I do recommend before using Gaze of the twins to be 14-15% self buff crit.

Otherwise the trinket losses out in its up time of the proc. Also, you shouldn't sacrifice haste or master for crit to reach a stable beneficial state of the trinket. Thus, for lower ilvl gear ret gaze is not very good.

With crit being our weakest stat, it's a pretty horrible trinket for a ret
Edited by Filfa on 4/17/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I breifly used the LFR version of Primordius' Talisman of Rage and I found the up-time actually really good, but the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault the LFR version so I currently use Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. and Spark (Thunderforged).

If I were you, I would use the Primordius' Talisman of Rage with spark, unless you need the expertise from the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault.

With crit being our weakest stat, it's a pretty horrible trinket for a ret

That is your opinion, you have the right to gear your own set up, but I have my facts in world of logs.

(pls overlook dps difference of you your 129.4k dps to my 144.2k dps)
Here is an example

Your latest Durumu Kill
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w9ncds9jak73f00o/sum/damageDone/?s=2497&e=2934

Your crit ranges from 13-20%. What would of happen if your crit say were 30-50%?

MY Durumu latest kill
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o4a8af79r2u2hrcs/sum/damageDone/?s=9494&e=9928

My crit % range is from 26-50%, which according to the graphs shows My crit damage has over pass my normal damage in some areas.

Crit is not bad, but I dont think low ilvl gear ret paladins should be splurging their stats for it.

Back to the OP, If you need expertise the VP trinket looks to be the winner. I keep hearing it lines up pretty good with your cool downs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the quick replies, and yea I know Spark of the Zandalar is really good for rets so I dont have any intention of replacing it.

I guess im going to test out the uptime on Primordius' Talisman of Rage and how good is at the initial burst. The only reason why I really like Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is that guaranteed 8800 strength proc at the initial burst, unlike the Primordius one which is completely random.

In regard of the high amount of expertise that the Shado Pan trinket has I don't think I really need it right now with my current gear so it will probably be a waste.
Edited by Xavaran on 4/18/2013 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan + Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun is what i use!

I have Primordius' Talisman of Rage, Gaze of the Twins, as well but i have not tested the difference with different combo's.

According to mr.robot:
Primordius' Talisman of Rage and Spark of Zandalar ilvl 541 are BiS
1 541 Primordius' Talisman of Rage +2926.92
2 541 Spark of Zandalar +2918.23
3 535 Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun +2880.77
4 541 Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun +2558.54
5 535 Primordius' Talisman of Rage +2303.28
6 535 Spark of Zandalar +2296.86
7 528 Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun +2192.71
8 522 Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun +1635.10
9 528 Primordius' Talisman of Rage +1621.11
10 528 Spark of Zandalar +1612.84
11 522 Primordius' Talisman of Rage +1065.33
12 522 Spark of Zandalar +1057.80
13 541 Gaze of the Twins +262.41
14 522 Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault +83.47
15 502 Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun

I would take it with a grain of salt mind you, but that's a point of reference.

*i have the LFR versions:
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Spark and feather
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Strength > Haste > Mastery > Critical Strike

Try to follow that guide of trinkets. In my opinion, it's not really a good idea to have Crit trinkets as a Ret Paladin. If your hit/expertise is on the right track, don't add to it by getting a hit/expertise trinket. As a Ret Paladin, I mainly prefer my Strength trinkets that have the bonus of raising my haste either at my choice, or chance on hit.

From the three trinkets up there, I'd definitely suggest the Spark of Zandalar above all else. If either your Hit or Expertise needs a bit of a raise, pick whichever trinket benefits that one stat as your secondary trinket. Crit does extremely little for us Rets.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
04/17/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Xavaran
By looking at your armory I can see that google didnt help you out much.

Ad hominem, right?

I'll be sure to tell LFR to drop what I want next time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]