LFR no longer seems worth it to me.

After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The better solution would be to add ways to train players to understand and recognize common raid concepts, but most people just do LFR to get loot for minimal effort. Rather unfortunate, but buffing the gold is more a bandaid than a real solution. Otherwise we could just give Patchwerk a loot table and make him stand in for every boss in LFR.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Death Knight
It's not worth doing any more.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
i would understand durumu, you will still wipe on him at least once. But i have never wiped on the last boss of flesh shaping though. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The number of wipes you endured would pale in comparison to an LFR raid that took zero durability damage. There'd be absolutely nothing to dissuade people from simply stacking determination to the point the could zerg down bosses.

Not only that, it just wouldn't be fair to everyone running real raids.

Edit: A small increase in the amount of gold from failbags wouldn't be unreasonable.
Edited by Bahurim on 4/18/2013 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.

All i heard was,

"I'm lazy"

And then I was like, yeah I've seen a million of these threads this week alone.
All I saw was "I'm Lazy and cant read a thread or be bothered to understand the op". I am not complaining about wanting loot, or wanting it easier. I simply am asking that the gold either go up, or durability lose goes away so I have something to show for sitting in one section for 1hr+ wiping other then a lose of money I could have used to actually gem and enchant my gear when I finally get it.

i would understand durumu, you will still wipe on him at least once. But i have never wiped on the last boss of flesh shaping though. >.>
They kept aoeing the adds. First one they were aoeing the trash and started the boss. After that, we finally won once they learned aoeing = bad.
Reply Quote
The number of wipes you endured would pale in comparison to an LFR raid that took zero durability damage. There'd be absolutely nothing to dissuade people from simply stacking determination to the point the could zerg down bosses.

Not only that, it just wouldn't be fair to everyone running real raids.

Edit: A small increase in the amount of gold from failbags wouldn't be unreasonable.
There wouldn't be anything to dissuade people from stacking the debuff? Seriously? Time investment comes to mind. Who wants to spend 30minutes+ on one boss to stack a buff? It would be faster just to kill the guy. There is a certain amount of time you must be engaged before the buff even gets put on you. highly doubt people will want to spend a whole lot of time just for stacking a buff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
highly doubt people will want to spend a whole lot of time just for stacking a buff.

You'd be surprised.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Sumeshing
highly doubt people will want to spend a whole lot of time just for stacking a buff.

You'd be surprised.
There would be a lot that surprises me. Including people with very limited game time wanting to waist it building a stacking buff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There wouldn't be anything to dissuade people from stacking the debuff? Seriously? Time investment comes to mind. Who wants to spend 30minutes+ on one boss to stack a buff? It would be faster just to kill the guy. There is a certain amount of time you must be engaged before the buff even gets put on you. highly doubt people will want to spend a whole lot of time just for stacking a buff.

People are doing it now even with repair costs. You're underestimating the resolve of a lazy player.
Reply Quote
92 Human Mage
You also gained shado-pan assault rep, which will unlock 522 valor gear from the valor you got in LFR and elsewhere.

And you're complaining that this cost you 10g? So at the end of the season, after you've done this say 12 times and therefore paid 120g, but also have a near full set of 522 valor gear with 502 lfr gear filling the remaining slots, are you still going to say you got a bad deal?

And actually the wiping will die down quite a bit over the next several weeks, so you won't even have those same repair bills.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's a pity. I like the idea of LFR. But the players can be such a killjoy. It really makes the saying "This is why we can't have nice things" true.

I'm okay with wipes. People refusing to listen however has made me rage quit LFR a few times.

Stupid turtle
Reply Quote
You also gained shado-pan assault rep, which will unlock 522 valor gear from the valor you got in LFR and elsewhere.

And you're complaining that this cost you 10g? So at the end of the season, after you've done this say 12 times and therefore paid 120g, but also have a near full set of 522 valor gear with 502 lfr gear filling the remaining slots, are you still going to say you got a bad deal?

And actually the wiping will die down quite a bit over the next several weeks, so you won't even have those same repair bills.
That's on a good run. I had a 150g repair bill from a bad horridon group earlier. I didn't even zone into the first boss of that one. It depends on the run. I consider the 100g+ repair bill for this one the cheap side. If Its always costing me money I wont be able to gem or enchant that new gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I agree - I'd skip Durumu because he really isn't worth it.

If they're going to have something like raid mechanic 1-shot stuff in LFR, then at least for that particular boss they need to offer something like raid-quality rewards for it.
Reply Quote
I agree - I'd skip Durumu because he really isn't worth it.

If they're going to have something like raid mechanic 1-shot stuff in LFR, then at least for that particular boss they need to offer something like raid-quality rewards for it.
Worst part of durumu is that its usually a lag issue for some. One shot stuff realy shouldn't be in LFR. Perfect example is the breath on tortos. In Normal you die in seconds. In LFR, its a non issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

is this a joke?

i'm pretty sure durumu drops epics. you guys just have bad luck and always get gold.

and btw, eyesore (purple maze) doesn't one shot people. nor does the beam if i recall correctly. the maze got nerfed to the ground and the safe spot is so much easier to see. all you need is to open your eyes.

people dying to durumu is basically people REFUSING AND BEING LAZY to move during maze phase. you're probably one of those and that's why you refer to them as a one-shot mechanic in LFR when it really isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you don't like it.... don't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/18/2013 01:06 AMPosted by Pandabearr
and btw, eyesore (purple maze) doesn't one shot people. nor does the beam if i recall correctly.

You're wrong in spirit on the first part (it's an enormous DPS hurdle like standing in a purple puddle) and wrong on the second, and either way, both mechanics are for all intents and purposes a "1-shot" mechanic such as hasn't been in LFR before and the rewards are not commensurate with the risks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you don't like it.... don't do it.

I agree - honestly I'm tempted to just skip Durumu entirely. The only reason it particularly bothered me this week was because I needed Dark Animus (which despite being the third boss in that set, like every other boss in LFR, is infinity easier than Durumu) for Sunreaver Onsluaght.

Honestly, in its current form and an average of 2-3 wipes per, I might never do Durumu ever again, even if it means Desert debuffs.

Valor gives you 522 normal raid-quality non-tier pieces, and the 2 world bosses give you normal raid-quality pieces plus high-end PvP stuff at a better rate.

The end of Cata made LFR somewhat interesting, 5.0 made LFR close to necessary (along with dailies), and 5.2 made LFR good, but nothing special, except for continuing the legendary quest.

I don't know their numbers but I guess they'll start seeing more people shun LFR, especially if heroic scenarios offer better loot in 5.3. It'll be like screw you LFR...

Good luck trying to find tanks or healers for that if you have anything like 1-shot mechanics and inferior loot even compared to dailies/scenarios.
Edited by Dliver on 4/18/2013 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]