LFR no longer seems worth it to me.

90 Blood Elf Priest
04/18/2013 02:21 AMPosted by Zolavix
Raids do not fail because they are hard.

Raids fail because they are hard. How long did it take anyone to kill Kael'thas anyone?
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 02:22 AMPosted by Dliver
Raids do not fail because they are hard.

Raids fail because they are hard. How long did it take anyone to kill Kael'thas anyone?

this was back in the day of before Item normalization, also back in the day where people thought they were hard core stuff.

Remember back in the day how many people didn't think to go OMG standing in this stuff is killing me... maybe i should move a quarter to the right and you know not stand in it?

there was a post a little while back either here or on WoW informer. regarding how hard it was actually to heal people in Vanilla and bc. because of this very reason.

Raiding is not hard. If you follow mechanics you will get done the fight easilly.

LFR is easier then say normal, but people still wipe on bossess cause they don't think to study.

If i try to take apart my computer5, but don't know what the parts do? am i gonna be able to do that? Nope, infact I prolly am gonna hurt myself or the computer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
But LFR isn't worth it - there's gold enough for maybe 1 wipe per boss, probably not, and gear 20 ilevels below the 2 world bosses and the valor gear.

In 5.3, even daily scenarios will be infinity better than LFR.

Tell LFR (and maybe the game) to screw it. Blizz is making a huge mistake making the casual social activities less-rewarding than anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In this thread, LFR players discover what raiders have known for the last eight years.

Raiding is expensive.

I'll often spend hundreds of gold in repairs (and thousands on food, flasks and potions) on a difficult boss before we finally manage to kill it. The chance at gear, the valor and the rep offset that. It's no different for LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In this thread, LFR players discover what raiders have known for the last eight years.

Raiding is expensive.

I'll often spend hundreds of gold in repairs (and thousands on food, flasks and potions) on a difficult boss before we finally manage to kill it. The chance at gear, the valor and the rep offset that. It's no different for LFR.

Um, it's a lot different for LFR.

LFR trash offers almost no gold, the drop rates are crud by comparison and can't be controlled, the drops themselves now are 20 ilevels below valor and world boss drops, etc.

It's stunning how far LFR has fallen relatively in 5.2 compared to even 5.0 - it's nearing the same irrelevance even for a solo player as dungeons, which have long since been forgotten.

It'll be a disaster for the game if LFRs continue to be so poorly rewarding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Um, it's a lot different for LFR.

Duh. You're doing less difficult content. You get less rewards, but you also spent dramatically less on repairs.

Raiding is not now, nor has it ever been, profitable gold-wise. You don't raid for gold. You raid for everything else. LFR still gives rep, valor and loot. It's fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would say LFR is doing a good job.

First tier LFR is super duper easy (well, after the first week or two)

Now, second tier is a bit harder and people are dying once or twice. In another week or two... it will be easy as well.

I think LFR should be much easier compared to a normal raid but it shouldn't be afk auto attack easy. Somewhere in the middle... which is where it is currently it seems to me. =D

TL;DR
All parts of ToT LFR will be faceroll in two weeks. Stop complaining and have fun with the game =)
Reply Quote
Now this is the rub. I went back and did a bunch of old raids before the nerf (on another toon) and you DID get crazy gold. (it's since been nerfed, especially for old raids and especially for less than full raids).

And how many people were with you on this raid? Was it MC and you had 40 people with you? Or were you alone and you got all the loot?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Wiping on bosses is part of raiding.

If you are short on gold you should put a bit of time into raising your rep with the tillers. Once you have all the crop plots available to you plant herbs and you will receive anywhere from two to eight golden lotus per day. Sell these on AH and support yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's not worth doing any more.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well, that WOULD be an option if blizzard didn't make raiding ToT the only way to get rep for 522 ilevel gear from valor and the only way to get ilevel 502 gear. If there were heroics I could do to catch up rather then this, I would in a heartbeat. Sadly I can't.

Only run the first wings that are easy until you think the people have learned the fights in the later wings. Then queue up for those. Ive been taking my time with LFR. Doing a few wings and then stopping while people learn the next ones. You have till next raid tier, probably 4 more months to complete this content. You wont need all the 522 gear available to queue for the next raid tier. Do dallies or whatever you enjoy. Stop doing what you hate and start doing what you like. It makes a big difference in your enjoyment of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Ok then, don't do it anymore.

bye.

I'm actually on the verge of another break. Thanks! :)

You have one less tank/healer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LFR - free lewtz for doing nothing

no, really.. that's EXACTLY what it is when you break it down

NOW WE WANTZ MOAR GOLDZ!!!

really?

you want a puppy too?
maybe a milkshake?

Do you realize how much you sound like the people who sit on their a**es on Welfare without a job and complain that it's not enough??

100g.. you can LITERALLY make that in less than a minute

seriously, people... where do the handouts end?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.

All i heard was,

"I'm lazy"

And then I was like, yeah I've seen a million of these threads this week alone.

lol, but no seriusly we all have our bad days girl you shouldn't give up because of some wipes, not every player knows the mechanics and beside it's more awarding when you work for your things.

patience is a virtue.

you need a lot of this virtue in this game.
Edited by Bethill on 4/18/2013 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
lol, but no seriusly we all have our bad days girl you shouldn't give up because of some wipes, not every player knows the mechanics and beside it's more awarding when you work for your things.

much less if you can't handle a few wipes.. you have NO BUSINESS raiding to begin with

o wait.. LFR really ISN'T raiding..

nm.. statement retracted..

continue whining for handouts
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Do not collect two hundred dollars.

icanhazcheezburger?

LFR should hand out cheezburgerz

cuz, like.. if I did the puzzle on the box of my happy meal .. IT would givez meh cheezburgerz

THATS IT!!

IF LFR DOESN'T START COMING WIF FREE CHEEZBURGERZ, I'M GOING TO WRITE A LONG ANGREE POST ABOUT HOW IM QUITTIN AN ST00FZ!!!

CHEEZBURGERZ!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Aww poor LFR raiders actually need to pay attention to mechanics instead of autoattacking for loot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]