Explain to me again how...

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
"Ninjaing" does not exist? I keep reading topics on ninjalooting where everyone keeps saying "There is no such thing as ninjaing, you are just greedy." and I cant seem to figure out the logic behind it. How is taking loot that's not for your spec, that could benefit someone else, just to take the loot not considered ninjaing? Why is it ok and why do I keep seeing people defend this action? How does a Feral DPS Druid needing on Spirit Healer gear help the druid? How does a Holy Paladin needing on Physical DPS help that healer when there is someone in the group who could actually benefit from it?

Its just acceptable for people to need on gear simply because they can? Should I just start hitting Need on every item I can regardless of if I can use it or not? That sounds really messed up, how could that be defended? How can jipping someone out of loot that they can actually use for their main spec be acceptable and why does the community continue to support it? Further more, how can those defending this turn around and tell those who complain about ninjaing that "Ninjaing does not exist, you are just greedy."? It makes absolutely no sense to me...

Is it just a case of "Nothing will get done about it, who cares about anyone else, I will just take it for the vendor gold."? Isn't that kinda messed up?
90 Night Elf Priest
It's not ninja'ing in the sense that they have the option to need on it.
04/18/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Byucknah
How does a Feral DPS Druid needing on Spirit Healer gear help the druid?

By giving them gear for their heal spec??
90 Blood Elf Warlock
How does a Feral DPS Druid needing on Spirit Healer gear help the druid? How does a Holy Paladin needing on Physical DPS help that healer when there is someone in the group who could actually benefit from it?

I have a feeling you forgot about Off Spec on purpose
46 Human Paladin
almost everything in the game is a hunter item.
fyi for those of you that might be new.
100 Undead Mage
It's considered 'ok' because the option is there, it could be an upgrade for a secondary/off spec, and it is not in anyone's bags yet.

It's not considered 'ok' because the item could be an upgrade for someone else's current/primary spec.
90 Orc Monk
"Ninjaing" does not exist?

Did they take it from your bags?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If no, it was not ninjaing.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's considered 'ok' because the option is there, it could be an upgrade for a secondary/off spec, and it is not in anyone's bags yet.

It's not considered 'ok' because the item could be an upgrade for someone else's current/primary spec.

Eh. The only time I have a complaint is when someones going "Lol I needed this for my wallet spec! Kick me!"

Saw way too much of that in Dragon Soul LFR.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I believe you already know the answer given that you have obviously looked at previous threads on it.
90 Human Warlock
Oh look ,it's this topic again....

It's the entitlement behavior that Blizzard has mistakenly incorporated into the game

It's the mandatory loot method for LFD. But you already knew that, and there are a least a dozen threads on this previously.

*sigh*
Edited by Mirisanelle on 4/18/2013 8:03 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
I keep reading topics on ninjalooting where everyone keeps saying "There is no such thing as ninjaing, you are just greedy."

Typically, this is how the ninjas justify their behavior.

Ironically, they need on everything "for offspec" and then accuse the rest of not wanting to share their loot with them.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
There's a difference between being a jerk, and being a ninja. Traditionally, a ninja is someone who takes someone else's loot. However, since you can't loot mobs that you didn't interact with in some way, it can't be done in WoW. That said, needing on everything regardless of your actual need is still a jerk move,
90 Pandaren Monk
You are saying that taking gear from your groups healer, tank, or dps just because you have the option and have an off spec is okay? How is that not greedy? You are taking loot for an off spec that you might rarely ever use just because you can? How is THAT not greedy?
90 Human Warlock
You are saying that taking gear from your groups healer, tank, or dps just because you have the option and have an off spec is okay? How is that not greedy? You are taking loot for an off spec that you might rarely ever use just because you can? How is THAT not greedy?

Yes it is okay, and yes this has been done to death so often it isnt funny.
90 Night Elf Priest
We were given off-specs, and we will gear them.

Boozle on you man. It sucks. But it is not greedy.

I use all 3 of my specs pretty regularly. On most toons that aren't dps-dps-dps.

Also, this:

There's a difference between being a jerk, and being a ninja. Traditionally, a ninja is someone who takes someone else's loot. However, since you can't loot mobs that you didn't interact with in some way, it can't be done in WoW. That said, needing on everything regardless of your actual need is still a jerk move,
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/18/2013 8:05 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock

The gear is being used. So it's not a waste.

Is it annoying? Yes actually. I've smacked my keyboard a few times because of Hybrid classes. But they still have the right to loot on gear if they actually need it for their specs.

At least they're not needing on it just to disenchant it right in front of you or some bull crap like that.

Also what if someone who plays a tank wants to heal? They'd have to tank for a bit to pick up some healing loot.

"But they should go as healers right away!" Um. No. They'd be a crappy healer if they were stuck in tank gear.
90 Human Warlock
The answers to this question can be found in the forum search function.
100 Gnome Mage
Ninja looting is when you have a master looter who just magically DCs or drops group after grabbing the loot an not letting anyone roll on it.
90 Night Elf Priest
Ninja looting is when you have a master looter who just magically DCs or drops group after grabbing the loot an not letting anyone roll on it.

I'd never do that......

Especially if a mount drops.

*cough*
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/18/2013 8:09 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]