Fury Warrior 1st-Timer

25 Worgen Warrior
OK, so just one quick question:

Are fury warriors a little clunky at first? Or is it just me? I know I'm a lowbie, but the rotation for the spells I have feel out of sync and I was just wondering with further lvling will it get better? So far, not sure how I feel about the class.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Fury is very clunky until the mid-60's, especially for a first timer. Try messing with Arms at lower levels.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The only time I play fury at low levels is if I happen to have a full set of heirlooms. Otherwise, definitely stick with arms.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
As what has already been said, fury sucks at low levels.

Very underwhelming, low damage and not a whole lot of crit or hit on gear to make it good.

It picks up at 60+ until then stick with arms or prot.
Reply Quote
25 Worgen Warrior
Wow.

I'm glad that it wasn't just me, but it really does feel wibbly-wobbly.

So I'm off to change to Arms, then and try that. Don't know that I'm up for lvling another tank yet

Thanks for the responses, folks!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
wibbly-wobbly

timey-wimey
Reply Quote
Protection is very powerful at low to mid levels, especially in PVP. Keep that in mind.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I'd level protection or arms if I were you. In my opinion, and correct me if i'm wrong, the crit that you get from low leveled gear is awful, and the thing about fury dps is that it requires a lot of crit % to get enraged, and most of fury's damage comes from being enraged.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'd level protection or arms if I were you. In my opinion, and correct me if i'm wrong, the crit that you get from low leveled gear is awful, and the thing about fury dps is that it requires a lot of crit % to get enraged, and most of fury's damage comes from being enraged.

The enrage mechanic's dps boost is negligible until you start getting high amounts of mastery, in conjunction with high crit.

I can understand not wanting to level a tank, but prot warriors are just about the highest dps spec in the game at low level right now, thanks to shield slam. You can run around and simply one-shot your quest mobs.

O.O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I found fury to be kind of terrible in the early goings.

I leveled as Arms until around 70, and switched.
Reply Quote
Honestly level prot before the Shield Slam nerf comes in 5.3

I could no joke one shot ANY mob up until cata zones. Plus you get the benefit of getting instant queues from LFD.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Warrior
It seems you get the the benefits of Single-Minded Fury and Titan's Grip much earlier than was previously possible, like 38, if I recall. Might not be horrible at that point, but likely still clunky, as has been said, you really need the crit to make the spec shine.

Prot's pretty fun. Made a lowbie to relearn how to tank, it's been so long, and I'm having a blast. Keep your options open. Arms can get dull over 60+ levels.
Edited by Aurylius on 4/22/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]