Horde needs help

90 Tauren Paladin
Im sick of feeling tied to this dead faction, whenever I login Trade Chat is mostly dead, the server is quiet, boring and so-forth. I came here in Cata from Stormreaver and before that Aman'Thul and I have established a character base filled with 4 level 90s and mostly high level alts all with each proffessions maxed and a large amount of gold. Since the end of Cata this server has gone way downhill and there is not much I can do to move my main character and his trusty companions to another server without paying a ridiculous amount of money - $25 a toon for a minimum of 4 toons is still $100 and being still in school and moderately young I just do not have the funds to back that.

The only other options are for Blizzard to stand down from their high tables and possibly merge a server with a dying Alliance population and one with a dying Horde population, this would save them money in the long run through less cost of server fees and fuller, stronger and healthier communities for the players. This in fact, would be a win-win for everyone.

Another option would be the usual give high pop servers free transfers to Horde only Dath-Remar, but then that just wrecks the even faction population of that server, which can potentially become a viscious cycle of servers eviscerating other servers to fix themselves.

Im not threatening to cancel my subscription, or trying to spit the dummy at the man, I love this game and what it has become, having played mid-vanilla all the way through to now, I can appreciate the evolution of what the game has become, but Blizzard deciding that they don't want to merge servers because they would rather not admit that the player base of the game has been declining in MoP is not going to help the community of players themselves.

Bringing in CRZ was at least in my opinion a stupid idea, why not just merge the servers instead of giving dead servers the illusion of a thriving and massive playerbase when once you get into Orgrimmar you realize your factions trade chat doesn't talk, all people really ever mention is how bad the "dead" server is.

TL;DR: Please help us out Blizz, we want a fix so we can continue to ENJOY the game, it could save the company money in the long run, it could even convince many people to return to the game knowing there server is no longer stuck in the twisting nether of nothing.

PS. Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Im sick of feeling tied to this dead faction, whenever I login Trade Chat is mostly dead, the server is quiet, boring and so-forth. I came here in Cata from Stormreaver and before that Aman'Thul and I have established a character base filled with 4 level 90s and mostly high level alts all with each proffessions maxed and a large amount of gold. Since the end of Cata this server has gone way downhill and there is not much I can do to move my main character and his trusty companions to another server without paying a ridiculous amount of money - $25 a toon for a minimum of 4 toons is still $100 and being still in school and moderately young I just do not have the funds to back that.

Not many people are willing to put up those kind of funds even if they could pay for it.

The only other options are for Blizzard to stand down from their high tables and possibly merge a server with a dying Alliance population and one with a dying Horde population, this would save them money in the long run through less cost of server fees and fuller, stronger and healthier communities for the players. This in fact, would be a win-win for everyone.

That sir makes sense, therefore it will never happen...

Another option would be the usual give high pop servers free transfers to Horde only Dath-Remar, but then that just wrecks the even faction population of that server, which can potentially become a viscious cycle of servers eviscerating other servers to fix themselves.

On that I agree with them, it would never work no matter how much we'd like it too.

Im not threatening to cancel my subscription, or trying to spit the dummy at the man, I love this game and what it has become, having played mid-vanilla all the way through to now, I can appreciate the evolution of what the game has become, but Blizzard deciding that they don't want to merge servers because they would rather not admit that the player base of the game has been declining in MoP is not going to help the community of players themselves.

Glad to hear it, all too often I hear of people and sometimes guilds (not naming names here) and all that does it makes a bad situation worse.

Bringing in CRZ was at least in my opinion a stupid idea, why not just merge the servers instead of giving dead servers the illusion of a thriving and massive playerbase when once you get into Orgrimmar you realize your factions trade chat doesn't talk, all people really ever mention is how bad the "dead" server is.

CRZ wasn't meant to be a fix to begin with it was to help populate areas not servers :(

TL;DR: Please help us out Blizz, we want a fix so we can continue to ENJOY the game, it could save the company money in the long run, it could even convince many people to return to the game knowing there server is no longer stuck in the twisting nether of nothing.

Blizzard will never help us, that's not going to change. What we need to do is help ourselves, we have the population still to turn things around but we're split into a hundred and one guilds that don't seem willing to even talk to each-other. We need to create something that will make people want to come to our server.

Edit: For now I personally think short of a small stroke of luck (and getting a ton ppl changing to horde and/or horde server changes) our only chance will be getting the guilds to work together somehow.
Edited by Kreirravia on 4/4/2013 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As someone with Horde on Dath, I heartily agree and support your motions. Blizzard really need to move on server transfers and caps, but I don't think they will :(

(Personally, I'd *love* to see free guild transfers from Dath Ally to Horde - if whole guilds could move, I think some would go across. I know mine would consider it (we have recently)
Edited by Aislinge on 4/12/2013 1:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As someone with Horde on Dath, I heartily agree and support your motions. Blizzard really need to move on server transfers and caps, but I don't think they will :(

(Personally, I'd *love* to see free guild transfers from Dath Ally to Horde - if whole guilds could move, I think some would go across. I know mine would consider it (we have recently)

Not sure if whole guilds moving over is what we need as well. Most of the guilds horde side have 5-8 raid-able mains or they have 10+ (with 3-4 toons sitting in half finished 2nd teams/alt teams). The amount of guilds for the amount of players just isn't able to take the current ratio let alone adding more guilds.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
True but don't see Guilds moving as necessarily a bad thing. A lot of the time the Guild moves because the GM wants to bring it and a serious amount of gold and supplies with it. It doesn't necessarily mean that enough people in the Guild will come across with it to have it stay together.

At the end of the day, Horde need more people, more raiders. Where you get them from really doesn't matter (even if you end up poaching them from Alliance - which, I have noticed some Horde Guilds have started to do in Alliance trade).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
True but don't see Guilds moving as necessarily a bad thing. A lot of the time the Guild moves because the GM wants to bring it and a serious amount of gold and supplies with it. It doesn't necessarily mean that enough people in the Guild will come across with it to have it stay together.

At the end of the day, Horde need more people, more raiders. Where you get them from really doesn't matter (even if you end up poaching them from Alliance - which, I have noticed some Horde Guilds have started to do in Alliance trade).

I know, however our issue is mainly that we're too thinly stretched (The list I've made on another thread clearly shows that ((50 odd guilds and that's with me 'missing' one or two just to keep the list down)). A common trend I've been seeing horde side is guilds holding onto 1-2 raiders and any number of levellers even after the point that any stable raid team has been lost; that and a number of GMs are holding onto their guilds/members just for the sake of the power they have in that rank.

As for Horde guilds poaching that's probably most guilds only chance at survival at this point (and a few of them will just be doing it because the alliance guilds have been poaching horde players on and off for years...).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I've seen many a GM on my side of the fence do the same - cannot just say, you know, it's over, go in peace. :(

Even with my current guild, we just acquired some new raiders who I've known for many a year but they were sitting in their old, dead guilds in some sense of twisted loyalty where the GM would log on once a month, make them feel guilty and then bugger off again. I have seen this happen several times - people's own morality holds them to a guild.

I used to be like this and to an extent, I still am but if you aren't enjoying the game, if the guild is dead, well... the GM can go to the proverbial and you should move on. After all, you're paying for the game, not them. But then it's wrestling with the emotional break, especially if you've been in the guild for years :\

Personally, I don't have a problem with poaching from the other side. I do, though, have a problem with high populated servers coming and poaching from us. Caught one today, gave them a bit of a serve. If you're on Frostmourne and have 120k+ toons to choose from, why on earth do you need to poach from Dath! (sorry, that made me cranky today :\)

My advice - ask people are they happy where they are? Look up a guild and see who's on. If it's one person all the time, pst them and say hey, are you bored and lonely? I got 5 new members this week with that. Sure, I knew them. But they were all languishing in guilds that were dead and they were doing nothing. The worse thing they can say is no thanks! :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I've seen many a GM on my side of the fence do the same - cannot just say, you know, it's over, go in peace. :(

The GM that could give up their rank for the sake of their members seems to have died years ago. Every GM I talk to know just comment they'd never be able to give it up when I say I did it two times haha.

Even with my current guild, we just acquired some new raiders who I've known for many a year but they were sitting in their old, dead guilds in some sense of twisted loyalty where the GM would log on once a month, make them feel guilty and then bugger off again. I have seen this happen several times - people's own morality holds them to a guild.

Seems to be a trend that's sadly getting more and more common of late.

I used to be like this and to an extent, I still am but if you aren't enjoying the game, if the guild is dead, well... the GM can go to the proverbial and you should move on. After all, you're paying for the game, not them. But then it's wrestling with the emotional break, especially if you've been in the guild for years :\

I've had that before, used to be an advisor in Leviathan back in mid woltk. I managed to pull the guild from the grave and even get some ICC content downed after the GM passed lead to me and I was able to rebuild it. I couldn't do that know, not for a 3nd time and with the current server population...

Personally, I don't have a problem with poaching from the other side. I do, though, have a problem with high populated servers coming and poaching from us. Caught one today, gave them a bit of a serve. If you're on Frostmourne and have 120k+ toons to choose from, why on earth do you need to poach from Dath! (sorry, that made me cranky today :\)

I know how you feel, everytime I see someone trying to steal members for out of server it just makes my blood boil. It's worse then they try to justify themselves :(

My advice - ask people are they happy where they are? Look up a guild and see who's on. If it's one person all the time, pst them and say hey, are you bored and lonely? I got 5 new members this week with that. Sure, I knew them. But they were all languishing in guilds that were dead and they were doing nothing. The worse thing they can say is no thanks! :D

I haven't had much luck with that sadly; even with people I've known for years.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to post these now every time I see them in the hope someone on Horde will make contact with these players and grab themselves some raiders :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796519593

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8796679762

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568890939

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728113963

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769887285
Edited by Aislinge on 5/10/2013 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]