Combo Breaker doesn't work for monks under 90

90 Human Monk
Hello, as a level 70 windwaker monk I've had the passive ability Combo Breaker since level 15, which states that when I use my Jab ability I have a 12% chance to gain a free use of Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick. I didn't even realize I had this ability until I hit level 67 and entered a dungeon and it porcced regularly throughout the entire instance, after that it just stopped. Confused by this, I went to Stormwind and continually used jab on the level 70 training dummy for a stopwatch time of 10 minutes, not a single proc. After asking several level 90 monks about this, they said they're combo breaker was acting normally. Which leads me to believe that somehow the ability only works at level 90, even though it is acquired at 15.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It works once you hit 80.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Ahhh that makes sense, as it did used to be the mastery. But they should still change the level you learn it, or fix it to work at level 15, cause leaving it at 15 doesn't make any sense if it doesn't work. And also that means that it's definitely bugged, because it procced for me in that one dungeon.
Edited by Älistair on 4/4/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I remember experiencing this too. Was on vent talking to our guild's monk while in a wrath dungeon and asking if combo breaker has a visual effect since I was getting 0 procs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
It's just another shining example of the lack of rigor Blizzard perform when testing the monk class.
Reply Quote
81 Human Monk
I think you actually are supposed to get it at lvl 15. But there a neat trick to by pass the above lvl 80 bug which is the glyph of Jab (minor glyph). I also thinks it will proc with fist weapons but there is not many at lower lvls.

Happy Combo Breaking
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think you actually are supposed to get it at lvl 15. But there a neat trick to by pass the above lvl 80 bug which is the glyph of Jab (minor glyph). I also thinks it will proc with fist weapons but there is not many at lower lvls.

Happy Combo Breaking

I have been using the glyph of Jab on my monk since I was able, and Combo Breaker has been working fine for me.
Reply Quote
66 Dwarf Monk

Happy Combo Breaking

This. It never worked at all till I randomly bought the fist weapons at the peak. It actually took me off guard when it started working...a lot. Was using a stave before that and nothing. So it's not a level 80 thing necessarily, it's just bugged out I guess
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]