RetPal LF ToT Guild or RBG/Arena Team

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Raiding
Closed, still open for PvP groups but will leave times up here because I'm too lazy to take them down
  • Monday-Thursday: 3:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M (EST)
  • Firday: 3:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (EST)
  • Saturday: 12:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M. (EST)
  • Sunday: 12:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M. (You guessed it, EST)
  • PvP
    Looking for some good groups to get PvP achieves this season, 2200+ rating-specific items, and Elite gear. Very good with class and spec.
  • Full pre-5.2 Mal gear
  • Season 12 Weapon with 2/2 upgrade from 5.1 (Should get S13 Weap mid-cap this week)
  • 2 Tyr Pieces (Head and Shoulders)
  • All Gems, all Enchants
  • 66% PvP Resilience
  • 54% PvP Power
  • Has Skype, Vent and Mumble (With mic)
  • *Online at the same times listed in "Raiding"
  • Arena
    Ever since MoP started been doing 2s with a BM Hunter Odalian and currently at 1372 Rating with 7 losses and 15 wins. Both of us have been able to down healers and call out targets to get without voice chat. Looking for a 3s or 5s team to work with, preferably having at least one healer.

RBG
    Has done RBG groups xrealm this season. Currently 1429 for this season, 7 wins 3 losses. Knows all BG strats and willing to listen to instructions as seen nessesary. Can FC, but preferably not.

If interested, my Battle Tag is Alterran#1964, or leave a reply here.
    Edited by Alterran on 4/17/2013 3:52 PM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    Now 1/12 on ToT.
    90 Human Paladin
    Bump, now ilvl 492 and 4/4 on ToES; Finished Sha today and both Shin'ka and token droped and I surprisingly won rolls for both
    90 Orc Warrior
    If you're honestly trying to find a raiding guild, the first step would be to optimize your gear. Showing that you "know" your class as stated above leaves much to be desired. Nearly 12% expertise and you're gemming for it still is atrocious and not excusable. Log some parses of even LFR to show to guilds, not a lot of experience isn't offset by simply stating that you think you're good.

Maxing out at least one profession for use is also helpful.

From there, I would suggest checking wowprogress and going directly to guild websites and applying from there, as the Rexxar forums are a shade of what they once were.

P.S. - Might wanna leave Warcraft Titans. Oh the hilarious stigma.

EDIT: Might want to research the best glyphs and all that too before stating you know your class.
    Edited by Tristnal on 4/9/2013 5:12 AM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    If you're honestly trying to find a raiding guild, the first step would be to optimize your gear. Showing that you "know" your class as stated above leaves much to be desired. Nearly 12% expertise and you're gemming for it still is atrocious and not excusable. Log some parses of even LFR to show to guilds, not a lot of experience isn't offset by simply stating that you think you're good.

Maxing out at least one profession for use is also helpful.

From there, I would suggest checking wowprogress and going directly to guild websites and applying from there, as the Rexxar forums are a shade of what they once were.

P.S. - Might wanna leave Warcraft Titans. Oh the hilarious stigma.

EDIT: Might want to research the best glyphs and all that too before stating you know your class.

A little confused there. I have researched best glyphs for PvE and PvP and I use them. Making no sense. And truthfully, just because I'm in a guild doesn't mean that I'm an idiot, because I'm far from it. And yes, I HAVE maxed out a profession. And lastly, I do have full enchants, gems, etc. Please be mindful of what you say when you're clearly wrong.

EDIT: And if why tell me to leave the guild when the whole topic of this post is to find another one?
    Edited by Alterran on 4/9/2013 5:46 PM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    So you're ignorant of the term "Raiding Profession" as if you weren't, you'd understand that your maxed mining does little benefit to a DPS, and any professions of other toons gives no bonuses. Also, I never said that you didn't HAVE gems and enchants, what I said was you need CORRECT management of said stats. Again 12% expertise is inexcusable.

If you're getting this upset over some helpful criticism on the forums, what's going to happen when you app to a guild and they tear it apart?

NOTE: Since you missed the subtle hint, allow me to walk to there. Warcraft Titans has a bad rep on the server, being associated with them in anyway might cause a prospective guild to pass you by without a second glance.
    90 Human Paladin
    So you're ignorant of the term "Raiding Profession" as if you weren't, you'd understand that your maxed mining does little benefit to a DPS, and any professions of other toons gives no bonuses. Also, I never said that you didn't HAVE gems and enchants, what I said was you need CORRECT management of said stats. Again 12% expertise is inexcusable.

If you're getting this upset over some helpful criticism on the forums, what's going to happen when you app to a guild and they tear it apart?

NOTE: Since you missed the subtle hint, allow me to walk to there. Warcraft Titans has a bad rep on the server, being associated with them in anyway might cause a prospective guild to pass you by without a second glance.

Again, a little confused. Not all people have maxed out every profession they have, and if you look at the stats, pretty much everything is reforged to hit and expertise, so it's not like I'm not making it to where I don't have 12%, and even yet, you can't be saying that to someone when your stats are actually lower. I hate to break it to you, but I came here to look for raid groups, and I've actually raided with about 5 or 6 different guilds and did fairly well. I didn't come here to have people be annoying and try to insult as they can to laugh. I, for one, actually have a life that I attend to. So please, if it's not asking for tips to play a game I've been playing for 8 years, then don't give a response like that. And really, I actually have found guilds willing to take me in this time, so I don't see what you're on about. Please, enough about correcting things. If you're not looking for someone to get into your guild, then don't reply. Thank you!
    Edited by Alterran on 4/10/2013 2:20 PM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    Another bump, now at ilvl 497
    6 Draenei Paladin

Again, a little confused. Not all people have maxed out every profession they have, and if you look at the stats, pretty much everything is reforged to hit and expertise, so it's not like I'm not making it to where I don't have 12%, and even yet, you can't be saying that to someone when your stats are actually lower. I hate to break it to you, but I came here to look for raid groups, and I've actually raided with about 5 or 6 different guilds and did fairly well. I didn't come here to have people be annoying and try to insult as they can to laugh. I, for one, actually have a life that I attend to. So please, if it's not asking for tips to play a game I've been playing for 8 years, then don't give a response like that. And really, I actually have found guilds willing to take me in this time, so I don't see what you're on about. Please, enough about correcting things. If you're not looking for someone to get into your guild, then don't reply. Thank you!

He's pointing out that you've got far more expertise than what is required.
    90 Human Paladin

He's pointing out that you've got far more expertise than what is required.

I'm sorry, but if you saw the "bump" above your comment, you'd know that I got more gear, so my stats changed. And either way, it's not really "too much" because technically my attacks still have a chance of being parried. And again, please don't say anything if you aren't looking for recruit.
    90 Troll Death Knight
    Tristnal has pretty much hit the nail on the head here. If you're seriously looking for a raiding guild, you should probably optimize your character first.

First, yes you are way above the expertise cap. Get Hit/Expertise to 7.5%. Once you hit that cap, as a Ret Paladin, you should be reforging Haste. To clarify, your stat priorities are Hit/Exp(7.5%) > Haste > Mastery > Crit. For gemming, on Red sockets gem 80 Str 160 Haste, Yellow sockets gem 320 Haste, Blue sockets gem 160 Haste 160 Hit.

About professions, yes Mining is maxed out, but outside of tanking it offers no bonus in a raiding environment. Now semi-hardcore - hardcore guilds would ask you to change it, however if you're just looking for a casual raiding guild it should be fine. In the future though if you're looking at serious raiding you would want to drop Mining for another Profession.

Bonuses from professions include:
    Blacksmithing - Socket Bracers/Gloves, adds 2 prismatic slots. For you means 640 extra haste.
    Jewelcrafting - Gives better gems, meaning 2 x 320 strength gems for an extra 320 strength all together.
    Alchemy - Increases duration of flasks by an hour and gives an extra 320 strength from a flask.
    Inscription - Gives a better shoulder enchant, granting 320 extra strength.
    Enchanting - Allows you to enchant 160 strength to your rings, for a total of 320 extra strength.
    Leatherworking - Gives a 500 strength enchant to bracers, an overall 320 extra strength.
    Engineering - Synapse strings gives 1920 strength for 10 seconds every minute along with speed boosts and good utility.
    Herbalism - Only good for prot/ret, would normally not recommend. Gives 2880 Haste for 20 seconds via Lifeblood. 2 Minute cooldown.
    Tailoring - Back enchant gives 4000 attack power for 15 seconds. Not sure of the CD on it though.

These are just outlines of what professions can give you, and if you're serious about raiding these bonuses will help much more than Mining.

Again this is just meant to be informative and help you a little more in raiding overall. About guilds, I could care less, however if I were you, make sure you have logs that measure performance when searching for a guild. Many require these to make sure that damage/healing meets expectations.

Good luck in your search!

EDIT: Derp, forgot Tailoring and Herbalism.
    Edited by Craved on 4/11/2013 7:28 AM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    I just want to give a charter reference to Alterran. If you don't know him already he is hardworking and a great guy. He brings good utility to a raid and is a good listener as well.

To answer before the question is asked "why do we not take him". Simply we are an above 21 guild. If we where not an above 21 guild it would be a no brainier.

Good luck Alt!
    90 Human Paladin
    Again, if you aren't looking for someone for the guild then do not reply. I'm not saying my reasons because I'm avoiding arguing. If I say something back, more things will start up, and I'm afraid that's not what to forums are for. If there's people you want to ask, there's many different people, like Devistatios, Xaviersilver, Selene and Avelli. I will not argue on this. And once again, please do not reply if you're not looking to recruit, thank you!
    90 Human Paladin
    And to clear up the whole expertise thing, the cap is NOT 7.5%. The cap is 15%.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Expertise#Expertise_caps

The cap changes from 90, it's not the same as 85.
    Edited by Alterran on 4/13/2013 7:57 PM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    Sigh
    90 Human Paladin
    Bump for PvP, now 3 Tyr pieces with S13 weap
    90 Human Paladin
    (Spam by accident, deleted)
    Edited by Alterran on 4/14/2013 3:37 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]