Time to revive the old trinity?

90 Human Paladin
being able to react to damage quickly is too strong? oh, yeah, i guess we need arbitrary barriers between a person's mental reaction time and their physical ability to respond to a situation in order to artificially increase the difficulty of something, i suppose in order to prolong the longevity of content...yawn.

your line of thinking is so boring.

I've read over this a few times, and unless I'm misreading this your line of thinking is nonexistent. It really seems like you just threw around a few big words to try and sound smart.

Yes, being able to react to damage quicker and more efficiently than other classes is too strong. That is just a fact.

I think it seems like you want everything to be instant cast and that simply would make the game too easy. This would also turn healers into a role that requires low ping and doesn't have to care about movement.

mana has never mattered in this game. not for a single day, not to anyone who has functional brain cells.

And this just sort of furthers my statement above. Any good healer in a raiding situation will be running oom or about to oom right as a fight ends.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
And this just sort of furthers my statement above. Any good healer in a raiding situation will be running oom or about to oom right as a fight ends.

Nope. A good healer will have a small "nest egg" of mana left just in case anything goes sideways. Because first kills normally involve a lot of sideways.
Reply Quote
8 Dwarf Priest
04/06/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Röthtwo
I've read over this a few times, and unless I'm misreading this your line of thinking is nonexistent. It really seems like you just threw around a few big words to try and sound smart.

oh my god dude. you're really going to make me do this aren't you? i guess it stands to reason that if you'd have written that, you would be a bit too dim to start with. i'll put it this way: trying to one-up me with my own style just means you'll always be playing catch up through imitation.

so yeah, you can continue to try and "upgrade" my own phrases ("you're thinking is boring." "oh yeah?? well yours nonexistent HUHU!") and throw them back at me, but in the end by doing so you've already admitted my superiority and submitted to it by emulating it.

04/06/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Röthtwo
Yes, being able to react to damage quicker and more efficiently than other classes is too strong.

you might wish to re-examine my post, or yours, or in fact any other post in this thread so far, to see if you can find actual evidence that has claimed anyone should have a way to heal that is faster "than other classes." i don't think anybody has expressed a desire for exclusive access to a better healing model. but dude, feel free to keep on living in dream world. i mean that's at least part of why we all play WoW in the first place, eh?

my point was solely that any attempt to slowdown gameplay artificially, i.e. place restrictions on healing damage that are not similarly mirrored in the rate at which damage is received, leads toward a type of game that people generally will not be happy with due to natural psychological preferences. do you disagree? i ask this question of you with little hope you can produce an insight i have not yet considered but nonetheless willing to entertain any possibility.

in many facets of the game our experiences in WoW are slowed down, primarily to facilitate our prolonged existence therein. it is my view however that such retardation is particularly heinous when baked into the combat system since it is a profit-perverted corruption of an otherwise more ideal system, rather, a system that would be designed purely for the fun of the player if not for the overriding propellant toward gettin dolla bills, and combat is the only place in WoW where a player might be able to demonstrate a modicum of skill. while the value of that experience is up to debate it is certainly more rewarding, and more popular, than (for example) downloading an addon to "win" the auction house for you.

which still doesn't mean you were ever in danger of being out of mana up to that point! how are you going to convince anybody with that logic! "oh well i was just about to oom WHEN THE BOSS DIED! SO UHHH MANA MATTUHZ."
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
04/06/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Tiriel

Nope. A good healer will have a small "nest egg" of mana left just in case anything goes sideways. Because first kills normally involve a lot of sideways.

This.

You shouldn't be ending a progression fight with 50%+ mana remaining, but ending the fight gasping for mana isn't helping your cause either. You want to utilize the mana pool and regeneration you're given while also taking into consideration the potential to over-heal, a mechanic messed up that causes more damage, spiked tank damage compensation and so on.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
It's k, I can explain myself now that I'm done with work
*looks up at the comments since my own*
uh, nevermind. Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's k, I can explain myself now that I'm done with work
*looks up at the comments since my own*
uh, nevermind. Cheers!

Where's your sense of adventure?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]