Fix Boomkin or remove it from the GAME!!!

90 Night Elf Druid
How is blizzard going to give every class a million stuns or silences or fears, or anything of that nature to completely stop damage but boomkin has TWO!!!! solar beam which does nothing against melee, and entangling roots/Nature's Grasp which does nothing against caster. You cant even get a cyclone off in a duel or 2v2 arena because EVERY SINGLE CLASS has like 50 stuns and silences and fears... Either fix it or remove it. You made boomkin the worst class in the game... The ONLY reason anyone wants a balance druid in the game is solar beam in RBGs. Pretty sad that we are only wanted for one reason! Stupid blizzard for making a TERRIBLE class!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
04/06/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Shiftalot
Either fix it or remove it.

No thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
100% agree. Boomkin needs to be reworked.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Threads like these provide NO insight or help in Balance druids cases. Blizzard needs to balance out PvE and PvP mechanics, and that is quite hard for a class like balance that still has its "Vanilla" clunkiness to it.

If you were to provide any sort of insight that would be great, but you dont here (so far). Unless you have some sort of constructive criticism feel free to add it, however this QQ nonsense of "fix or quit" provides no help nor helps our case for "fixing" (which IMO we dont).

Balance struggles in 1v1 and 2v2, however its hard not impossible. Druids are a high skill cap class. Instead of QQ, why not keep practicing, finding different strats than to just sit there and zerg.

I enjoy my boomkin and would be very upset if it were "Deleted". Just reroll or play something else.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We would be op if we had a toolset packed with short term burst/cc like that of a mage/hunter/rogue. It's frustrating having them stomp all over us in 1v1/2v2 situations - but those are the sort of situations they're made for. The situations that we ourselves are designed for, we do extremely well in too. And that is all topped off with having an aoe cc that is made absolutely catastrophic for the enemy team by a having death knight.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Shiftalot
You cant even get a cyclone off in a duel or 2v2 arena

While in a perfect world1 v1 or 2v2 would be balanced, blizzard admits that only 3v3 plus are the closest to balanced we get.

Also if they do not need to remove it from game. If you hate it so much there are other specs you can play.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have a 61% resil RDruid who just got hit by a crit starsurge from a boomkin who did 285k damage. I took screenshots, in case you want them, so you're right. Blizzard, please fix that !@#$, as Cartman from southpark would say: "That's gay as hell!"

Yeah. Completely ignore the Moonkin who has his CDs up, when you can see he has berserker too, and those are the sort of numbers you might see if the enemy Moonkin is lucky. With berserking, and skull banner, alot of classes will crit for numbers around that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sounds like you just need to learn how to play your Boomkin better.

You don't have enough crit and you aren't hit capped, for starters.

If you are having trouble getting off a cyclone ... how? You have Nature's Swiftness. Once you get off the initial cyclone, you can chain CC the other person. Also ... think outside the box a little more. Go into cat form, put up a few combo points and maim.

Don't suggest the spec needs to be taken out of the game because you are having trouble with it. Read pvp guides, study your class more. Or take this opportunity to ask other boomkins questions.
Edited by Bawk on 4/6/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
How is blizzard going to give every class a million stuns or silences or fears, or anything of that nature to completely stop damage but boomkin has TWO!!!! solar beam which does nothing against melee, and entangling roots/Nature's Grasp which does nothing against caster. You cant even get a cyclone off in a duel or 2v2 arena because EVERY SINGLE CLASS has like 50 stuns and silences and fears... Either fix it or remove it. You made boomkin the worst class in the game... The ONLY reason anyone wants a balance druid in the game is solar beam in RBGs. Pretty sad that we are only wanted for one reason! Stupid blizzard for making a TERRIBLE class!

Looks like a case of l2p imo. 2 unenchanted pieces, no reforge, full pvp power gems, etc.. Gem either resil or crit (my personal preference being crit) dot up the enemy team and enjoy your nonstop 100k+ instant starsurge buttrape. Also the boomkin offheals are absolutely ridiculous now that they increased cenarion ward by 100% use that imo you can put that and rejuv on a teammate and keep them 100% no problem. Roots + vortex + solar + starsurge proc = dead caster. Keep in mind solar !@#$s up DKs as well as casters. Just practice boomkin is completely fine
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Can't get a cyclone off? Just Macro it to Nature's Swiftness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/06/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Skyotter
If you were to provide any sort of insight that would be great, but you dont here (so far). Unless you have some sort of constructive criticism feel free to add it, however this QQ nonsense of "fix or quit" provides no help nor helps our case for "fixing" (which IMO we dont).

Sky, this isn't exactly true. Someone can be displeased with something and not know how to fix it. It also really isn’t his responsibility to outline a fix either. Shift isn't a staff member or being paid for ideas. He like so many others have expressed an overall feeling about the spec. His point is that he feels boomkins lack "useable", "comparable" cc that other classes have. It is a valid point. Blizzard can use this information to gage that one of their client's is not happy with the cc and they can do their job and determine why (maybe that involves client feedback, maybe it doesn't).

Now I do agree with you that he could have expressed his opinion less emotional but who are we to judge. I would argue that the attacks on him and his skill set have been far less productive than his original post despite it being emotionally stated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
At 2200+ the real issue is the RNG aspect of our damage. When you are trying to set up kills with another player you only have a small window to effectively kill a target. Other classes like mages/spriests have guaranteed damage through deep freeze/3 orb DP, which is something boomkin lacks completely.

Survivability isn't really a massive issue either. We have alot of defensives and escapes, it's just about knowing when and where to use them. Don't simply barkskin when you are stunned, unless a rogue is dancing with on-use or shadowblades. Aside from that, we also have displacer/travel form/ typhoon(or entanglement) to peel off of ourselves.

I'm honestly hoping for a boomkin revamp, considering we are the only class that isn't always doing 100% damage due to eclipse mechanics. I'd rather the solar beam glyph changed increase the maximum charges of shooting stars, or adding an effect to starfire that stuns the target for 4 seconds on a 45 second internal CD.

--Copied/pasted from another thread I posted in
Edited by Idiotverze on 4/6/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd rather the solar beam glyph changed increase the maximum charges of shooting stars, or adding an effect to starfire that stuns the target for 4 seconds on a 45 second internal CD.
Splash damage for Starfall ._. maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Splash damage for Starfall ._. maybe?

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155427

this is why we cant have nice things.
Edited by Cyous on 4/6/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you dont know how to play a boomkin im sure it seems terrible. Run into a good boomkin in battle and find out just how terrible they are! I will leave you in the gy reading your combat log.. Just last night i hit a ret for 220k proc in 5s, at 1800+ rating. I will play boomkin as long as i play thiS game. If they took boomkin out i would quit. So just because you cant drive a manual dont suggest all cars be automatic because you cant work both feet at once!
Edited by Dingkinghobo on 4/6/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=155427

this is why we cant have nice things.

That was all the way in Wotlk though, and they gave Warlock splash damage so why can't we get ours back :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i'm going resto
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*Note* I'm very new to Boomkin!

I'm still trying to learn this spec. I have played feral since TBC though and I have been fairly good in the past. Boomkin utility is to great to pass up and try. So i'm on a learning curve.

I had some ideas to help keep damage up while still using the eclipse mechanics. Like when you hit solar starfall changes into solar rays same mech just increased damage on the nature side and it proc'ed just like SF does in full lunar eclipse. The CC seem fine to me I love the off healing. Damage reduction seems a little down, I feel like free honor to rogues and warriors. This is probably due to play style im used to being in the fight and not running around the outside trying to set up casts and waiting for procs. I will say my damage feels down and I dont get all the starsurge procs like it seems I should. Any help would be great.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]