Legendary Questline: "Glory to the Horde"

90 Orc Warrior
Just want to put it out there how disappointing and frustrating it is to be "forced" into BGs filled with AFKers and teamates in greens that most likely cannot solo non-elite mobs their own level, to advance along the PvE legendary quest line.

I would gladly opt for a way to pay to avoid having to run Temple of Kotmogu or Silvershard Mines for days for the chance to find a group that can be competetive.

I would gladly shell out 10k per BG to complete this nonsense and move on.

Why should a PvE questline intersect with PvP in the first place is beyond....

Please, spare me and my toons this horrid experience.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I was fortunate in that both of the battlegrounds I needed to do were wins on the first queue, but I agree that it's an absurdity to make pve and pvp tie into eachother like this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank you for your support Donnicton. Glad I'm not alone, just wish I had your luck! = )
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
i dread doing the alliance version seeing as tich horde is on my bg. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Does it suck? Yes, of course. Bad design.

Will they change it? Doubtful.

As someone that did this particular quest yesterday (seriously, check achieves), all I can say is: "Suck it up, buttercup." 5 Mine runs and 7 attempts at temple and done. Rip the bandaid off your leg and never look back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I was fortunate in that both of the battlegrounds I needed to do were wins on the first queue, but I agree that it's an absurdity to make pve and pvp tie into eachother like this.
Reply Quote
I'm happy they are including pvp in the questline. It's a scary thing for some but most people end up being better players when they get some pvp experience. Who knows, the stuff you learn might help down the road when the legendary quests get harder.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm happy PvP is included as well...it makes the game feel more whole instead of just two separate worlds. Winning two BGs isn't going to kill you. Heck, form a group with guildies or others on your server and it's almost a guaranteed win.

Oh and the theme of one of the major conflicts of this xpack is horde vs. alliance....hence why you need to kill the opposite faction in order to attain your legendary.
Edited by Dezie on 4/6/2013 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Alternatively, they could have made you kill X number of opposite faction players. I'm pretty sure this would have been just as stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The bottom line: The quest needs to be REMOVED. Forcing players into the bowels of afk/bot/non-skill is DIS-HEARTENING at best. A quest for a legendary should not take your face and dunk it in a porcelin "quest" along the way. LFR isn't far off nowadays from BGs, but at least you don't get 5/10 in PvE that afk or fail....amirite???

Blizz, please keep us out of you "PvP"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
"out of youR pvp"

^ edit
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
Reply Quote
68 Tauren Paladin
o.O

Must be your battlegroup. Mine only constantly loses AV/IOC as Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Would be better if the quest criterion were changed to 'Gain 200 points' instead of 'win'. (Still would have taken me 5 goes to get the Kotmogu one!)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
It would be nice if the PvP requirement was not based on winning but instead was just to compete in X number of games, or gain X number of kills or honor in said BGs.

The current quests requiring wins just seems a bit excessive considering how skewed some Battlegroups can be and how most PvE players do not even have PvP gear to use for this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Wanting to finish a quest does not mean it's mandatory....so you are not forced into bg's ...and stop whining.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wanting to finish a quest does not mean it's mandatory....so you are not forced into bg's ...and stop whining.

I put "forced" in quotations in OP for a reason.
Reply Quote
It's two whole BGs. I'm sure you can handle it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's two BGs. Please QQ less.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
It's two BGs. Please QQ less.

What this guy said, as someone with the Khan title, I can say that whiles mines is terrible, Temple is the most fun of all the bgs, just wait around to get lucky and you will get into a game where the entire opposing team are bots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]