Armor reduction not stated amount

90 Worgen Druid
I've been noticing throughout MoP raiding that I take more damage from big spike physical attacks that I should according to what my damage reduction says on the character tab and what the boss ability says in the dungeon journal. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%. Tortos' snapping bite does 525,000 damage on 10 man. I'm taking 400k-420k when I'm hit with it. There are a couple other instances when the math doesn't add up for me. Am I missing something here?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I've been noticing throughout MoP raiding that I take more damage from big spike physical attacks that I should according to what my damage reduction says on the character tab and what the boss ability says in the dungeon journal. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%. Tortos' snapping bite does 525,000 damage on 10 man. I'm taking 400k-420k when I'm hit with it. There are a couple other instances when the math doesn't add up for me. Am I missing something here?

Physical=/= reduced by armor. Snapping BIte ignores armor.

When it's obvious something ignores armor, it's pretty obvious. You just have to realize it's a possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
04/07/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Qried
. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%.

That's before suppression.

See sticky above.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Tortos' Snapping bite ignore armor (along with several other abilities). Probably best to let whatever other tank is in your group tank Tortos because they probably actually have active mitigation instead of our active dice roll system.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
04/07/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Qried
For example my damage reduction is 68.79%.

Against a level 90 target. Raid bosses are level 93.
Edited by Mageski on 4/9/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Any armor pen attack absolutely !@#$s druids, guardian mastery really should apply to the damage these effects deal even if the attacks ignore 'normal' armor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]