Holy Pallies too strong

90 Tauren Priest
http://imgur.com/xAaePup

rofl
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Nerf me all you want, I'll still be here, we'll still be here. And guess what, you'll probably have to nerf us to the ground or reduce our healing by 25% before we stop topping everyone :}
Edited by Aleaina on 4/8/2013 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Holy paladins OP

Better nerf Irelia

mfw: http://imgur.com/xAaePup

Iloveyou.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only reason our mastery seems so much stronger than everyone elses is because ours shows up on meters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
XMFD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Another one of these threads. *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The only reason our mastery seems so much stronger than everyone elses is because ours shows up on meters.

No, other healer mastery's aren't as effective as the H pally mastery. If you have 30% mastery your healing spells just straight up do 30% more healing that's 100% effective. Balanced
Edited by Suplift on 4/8/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Which could also go to waste. Not 100% effective at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Which could also go to waste. Not 100% effective at all.

Even if you raid is not taking damage, you can still stack shields up on them before damage happens. Also when do you not take AoE pulse damage in ToT? I can't think of a single fight in ToT when not always taking damage. So the shields will always be 100% effective
Edited by Suplift on 4/8/2013 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
mastery doesn't over heal.

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nerf me all you want, I'll still be here, we'll still be here. And guess what, you'll probably have to nerf us to the ground or reduce our healing by 25% before we stop topping everyone :}

This is really not helping.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's true that the call for nerfs to pally healing is based mainly upon people staring at meters.

I heal 10m with a very good pally healer and I would never advocate nerfs. I can beat her on some fights but truth be told we're running pretty close. But what's important is that we work well together to achieve our goals.

Quit starting at meters if they bother you so much and concentrate on keeping everyone alive long enough to down the boss. You'll be much happier and happier still that one of you had 'extra' when it was really needed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't mind paladins having an edge on the meters. Someone has to be on the top more often than not and paladins don't have much of a raid cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/09/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Kuwilei
staring at meters

yes, yes. we all know meters are not the end all, be all. but they are an indicator of value, because healers' job is to heal. particularly when the absorb classes (paly and disc) are topping meters, because of markedly less overhealing, it is a fair indicator of when someone is OP.

the notable exception to how relevant meters are is shaman, because of our mastery, smart heals, and CDs, we're basically an emergency net. you may have players die with a different healer who has higher throughput, and no deaths with a shaman who has lower throughput.

I'm not claiming that their Mastery is not a little OP because as we all know it is and you as a shaman and me as a druid feel that more than some others.

But OP mastery/tool-kit doesn't define any healer per se. I don't mind a class being 'number one' because in reality someone will always gain an advantage. My class had it when WildGrowth was OP.

What I am for is buffing UP not nerfing down. We can't change the nature of absorbs - my class runs hots primarily and by their very nature will tend to go into OH and even more so with absorbs. I can live with that but nerfing absorbs isn't a solution to the broader questions being raised here.

Equalization is a tough job, tougher than most would like to admit and I don't even think that is the ideal solution.

I look at Method bring along a resto druid although he certainly is lagging behind every healer HPS wise but then why bring him to world firsts? Well we all contribute something unique from our class for the raid or so this USE to be the case! While we're not currently topping meters, we do provide a buffer for absorbs in the way of rolling hots that help negate extra damage.

I don't have an answer on how to make absorbs and hots work in harmony in a raiding environment but I honestly don't think there needs to be one.

What everyone class really needs is to bring something of value and distinctiveness to the raid - so much so that (excluding basic balance equations) a raid really does benefit from bringing certain classes or the choice of classes on any particular encounter. Who would have thought we could Blood Lust without a shaman not long ago? What about a battle rez? I'm seeing the unique distinctiveness of classes lost among the quest of all things being equal.

On a personal note, does Illuminated Healing irritate me? Sure it does. My hots ticking for 25k per means nothing if they're pushed int OH because of absorbs. Does it bother me that it has practically zero OH? Of course. But my personal bias has little bearing upon the bigger picture of things. I might be able to come up with ways to counter absorbs even from a hot class perspective but that would only open up other concerns from other classes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that simply calling for 'nerfs' doesn't deal with the fundamentals anymore than Blizzard buffing my class by a flat 10% while ignoring the tool-kit inadequacies.
Edited by Moophious on 4/9/2013 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's true that the call for nerfs to pally healing is based mainly upon people staring at meters.

The problem is that the H pally mastery is just like old disc priests with auto proccing divine aegis, it encourages you to overheal and you can get away with it at high gear levels or 1-2 resto shamans in your raid. It's not good game design for one healer's heals to always be effective no matter what you do. That's why people are calling for nerfs.

Side note absorb healers shouldn't do more raw healing than a non-absorb healer
Edited by Suplift on 4/9/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You mean when most Holy Paladins had to sit out of Sunwell raids for Resto Shaman stacking?

Yep, exactly what I mean. You do realize that was 4 years ago yeah? :P

But I loves me some paladin healers. They are fine.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/9/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest

Yea man, that is why pretty much every fight on WoL has them all over the top 10 like disc priest last tier. Give me a break.

4 words: Tier 14 4 piece.

And that had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Go look at WoL. See how many paladins you see compared to other healers in the top 10. If paladins outshine every other healer so much, why do I see plenty of priests and monks filling the top 10? Before when monks were OP they were filling 90%+ of all the fights. The same for disc when you got to heroic mode after they got buffed. People who cry for paladin nerfs mostly seem to be disc priests mad about their nerfs.
Edited by Linalee on 4/9/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]