The Hearthstone - Grand Opening

90 Worgen Rogue
< The advertisements seem to be everywhere throughout Stormwind City and Elwynn Forest, hanging from stone walls to being held loosely in the hands of passerby. They seem to speak of a local eatery of sorts, this through jaunty song and written details... >

~The Hearthstone~
Grand Opening
Saturday, April 13th at 8pm

"Where do they go when their hands are weary of sword and shield?
Where do they go when their tongues refuse to speak the spells they wield?
Where could they go to have such hearty service and meal?
The Hearthstone! The Hearthstone!
So come warm yourselves by hearth and friend!
Where ale and feasts will never end!
Away with you we'll never send!
The Hearthstone! The Hearthstone!"

In partnership with our friends at the Lion's Pride Inn do we welcome all to join us at Goldshire, doors open daily!

- Show your hearthstone and the first meal will be on us!-
Reply Quote
54 Worgen Rogue
(( This is the grand opening advertisement for our restaurant oriented guild! Come on by and if any of our friendly staff are present will we be happy to serve you! ))
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
This sounds like a wonderful idea, although... *gazes around nervously* I am a little curious as to why all the chefs are, well, rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
And here I thought this was about the card game.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I'm assuming you carry roasted rabbit with grain mustard. A side of roasted potatoes with chopped silverleaf would do as well.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
This sounds like a wonderful idea, although... *gazes around nervously* I am a little curious as to why all the chefs are, well, rogues.

(( Well, we just thought that rogues were the class that most represented ordinary people with no magic or fancy frills. I suppose we could have used warriors as well, but I personally think that warriors evoke really bulky people wearing armor and such, which wasn't what I was really going for. I also like the idea of an energy bar more than a rage bar, even if that's ultimately just in the abstract. ))
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
04/09/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Ceretin

(( Well, we just thought that rogues were the class that most represented ordinary people with no magic or fancy frills. I suppose we could have used warriors as well, but I personally think that warriors evoke really bulky people wearing armor and such, which wasn't what I was really going for. I also like the idea of an energy bar more than a rage bar, even if that's ultimately just in the abstract. ))

((That makes sense. Of course, rogues have poisons too....))
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
The opening is tonight at 8PM! Remember to bring your hearthstone to get your first meal on the house! On-duty patrolmen of the Stormwind City Guard get a free drink as well. We hope to see you all at the Hearthstone!
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
04/13/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Ceretin
On-duty patrolmen of the Stormwind City Guard get a free drink as well.

Alcoholic beverages while on-duty are strictly prohibited. I am less certain but also believe that food or drink provided without charge while on-duty is prohibited as well, lest it be construed as 'bribery'. You may have some off-duty visitors however.
Reply Quote
54 Worgen Rogue
The Hearthstone

Appetizers
Buttered and Fried Frog Legs
Gnoll Bites
Westfall Chicken Strips

Entrees
House Special: Bourbon Basted Lamb Chops
Bourbon Basted Beef
Slow Roasted Wolf Flank
Barbecued Bear Steak
Spicy Smoked Salmon
Basted Boar Ribs
Elwynn Rabbit Stew
Murloc Fin Stew
Duskwood Gravy Dipped Prowler Flank
Westfall Pot Pie

The Hogger Challenge (A LARGE assortment of meats. Eat it all in time and it’s free!)

Sides
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Potato wedges
Corn
Buttered Biscuits
Soup of the Day
Broth
House Salad

Desserts
Bread Pudding with Drizzled Bourbon Sauce
Pumpkin Pie
Kobold Candle Cake

Specialty Drinks
Maclure Red Wine
Maclure White Wine
Eversong Wine
Honey Mead
Captain Rumsey’s Lager
Greatfather’s Winter Ale
Banana Cocktail
Flask of Bitter Cactus Cider
Snowplum Brandy
Coconut Rum
Silvermoon Port
Mulgore Firewater
Caraway Burnwine
Plugger’s Blackrock Ale
Sulfuron Slammer
Jug of Bourbon
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
((Oh. My. Goodness!! What an amazing night! Thanks to everyone that stopped by to enjoy such a wonderful evening! We hope you all had fun and we look forward to seeing you again soon! A solid three hours before we even closed the kitchens! Great turn out. ^.^))
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/13/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Landreth
On-duty patrolmen of the Stormwind City Guard get a free drink as well.

Alcoholic beverages while on-duty are strictly prohibited. I am less certain but also believe that food or drink provided without charge while on-duty is prohibited as well, lest it be construed as 'bribery'. You may have some off-duty visitors however.

^^^ Ditto ^^^

We accept no gratuities...it tends to compplicate things when we are expected to act impartial.

Then again I met my wife after a case of PBR...even thought her cooking was awesome....till I sobered up.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
04/14/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Bobcat

^^^ Ditto ^^^

We accept no gratuities...it tends to compplicate things when we are expected to act impartial.

Then again I met my wife after a case of PBR...even thought her cooking was awesome....till I sobered up.

(( And unless you managed to stay drunk until you married her, you married her anyways. ;)

As an unrelated side note, Bob, I have not seen a single GSP cruiser between ATL and South 120. I have, however, seen county enforcement on at least one leg of all my trips north lately. And every time I do, I think "Hey, it's Bob-by-proxy~!"

As to the tavern it was heaps of fun. (went on a couple other toons) I couldn't keep up with half the conversations, but still was awesome! ))
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
The Hearthstone is open again tonight. Come and have a light drink or a hearty meal!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

^^^ Ditto ^^^

(( And unless you managed to stay drunk until you married her, you married her anyways. ;)

As an unrelated side note, Bob, I have not seen a single GSP cruiser between ATL and South 120. I have, however, seen county enforcement on at least one leg of all my trips north lately. And every time I do, I think "Hey, it's Bob-by-proxy~!"

As to the tavern it was heaps of fun. (went on a couple other toons) I couldn't keep up with half the conversations, but still was awesome! ))

Was going to give this thread the Bobcat seal of approval until I saw this...

Entrees
House Special: Bourbon Basted Lamb Chops
Bourbon Basted Beef

Then I realized why we had a sudden increase of missing Taurens all over milkboxes...
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Warlock
It was my first crack at an RP event, and was a bit overwhelming at first. Sort of like the first time in a raid, where the raid chat seems to zing by so quick, and you are listening intently to the instructions in vent. I had a good time, and while not one of the Ravenholdt RP regulars, I was brought in on some fun.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Congratulations on a great success!!! I'll try to join in the future if time permits.

Are the Stormwind City Guards back???? That would make my week!
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter

They left?

Edit: Bob, just for you I ordered the lamb, NOT the beef.
Edited by Ryöka on 4/15/2013 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
Bob, just for you I ordered the lamb, NOT the beef.

Bobcat thanks you...he had to go to back to Thunderbluff to help the Empire deal with this national tragedy.

I am his legal representitive and will speaking for him until his return.

Gnome Pride....Death to all Talls!!!

Will say this Ryoka...the Dwarves will not appreciate you killing their woman folk and eating them.
Edited by Feloniousbob on 4/15/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight

They left?

Edit: Bob, just for you I ordered the lamb, NOT the beef.

Back in Cata I remember them saying they were disbanding/leaving the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]