Stampede problem....... again.

90 Dwarf Hunter
I am a bit confused right now. Every time I enter a dg I make sure that my pet growl is off. I use to re-summon all my pet one by one and turn the growl off before entering dg.

I also have glyph of stampede , but today all of them cat growl again whenever I use stampede.

I was yelled at by the tank PET TAUNT. I told him , it is only that particular spell but my pet growl is off. So I avoid using that spell except for during boss fight (or when boss near dying).

Is there anything else that can be done? My spell book grow is off by default. Am I missing anything?
Edited by Erinbates on 4/8/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
i dont use that spell during dungeon and raid, unless the tank is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
the glyph bugs a bit, the copies growl will be based on the actual other pets you have. so you still have to cycle through your pets to turn growl off.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
the glyph bugs a bit, the copies growl will be based on the actual other pets you have. so you still have to cycle through your pets to turn growl off.

Ahhhhh... thank you so much.
I guess that glyph is buggy.
Edited by Erinbates on 4/8/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Its an untrustworthy spell that bugs the hell out but sometimes works properly... just file a ticket/bug report ingame...Blizz doesnt read Hunter forums, be nasty and demand a fix with your report wording.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Or...tell the tank to suck it up, its a 20s cooldown, and he gets 20s of a break. As long as the boss or mobs aren't eating your healer's face off, who cares?

It's called team mitigation. every hit he isn't taking is one that he doesn't take.
Back in vanilla I had Distracting shot bound to my keyboard. Why? because healers took a lot of hits when they healed, and it was my job to keep mobs off them. They weren't taking damage, and neither was the tank, as long as I MD'ed EXP trap and feigned, my tank was happy.
Long gone are the days of team effort. Tanks are so pissy.
Edited by Tsieg on 4/8/2013 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So I avoid using that spell except for during boss fight

Especially in a heroic dungeon, this is really the only time I use it anyway. Trash is meaningless and dies too quickly to take full advantage of a 5 minute CD, so I don't blow them on trash. And never in raids either, unless a particularly tough trash mob.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warrior
04/08/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Tsieg
Back in vanilla I had Distracting shot bound to my keyboard.

Why not still? So useful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You sound like you got kicked from a heroic for angering a tank because you figured your dps was more important then the group working as a team.... you give hunter a bad name you know that right?

Did you buy a Jump to conclusions mat or something? I haven't done very much PvE since vanilla. I was talking about vanilla.

Why not still? So useful.

Mostly because threat is a non-factor for tanks now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/09/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Ravyne
So I avoid using that spell except for during boss fight

Especially in a heroic dungeon, this is really the only time I use it anyway. Trash is meaningless and dies too quickly to take full advantage of a 5 minute CD, so I don't blow them on trash. And never in raids either, unless a particularly tough trash mob.

Yeah, except that the tank doesn't like it,he wants it off completely. So I stop using it that time. Until at very end....so I can stampede , boss dead, get my valor, leave instance group....lol.

I'm opening ticket for that glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

That's not been my experience.

If you are using the glyph the stampede copies will in fact be based off you active pet's growl; however...

if you enter a dungeon and your active pet has growl ON, THEN you turn it off; the stampede copies will still use growl.

You must first turn off growl, then DISMISS and resummon your pet. For some reason, it does not recognize turning growl off unless you dismiss and resummon.

I use this method and use Stampede every single heroic and never have a problem.

Try it. Enter a heroic with growl on. Turn it off. Dismiss. Resummon. Stampede Pets will no longer growl.
Edited by Melix on 4/9/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/09/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Tsieg
You sound like you got kicked from a heroic for angering a tank because you figured your dps was more important then the group working as a team.... you give hunter a bad name you know that right?

Did you buy a Jump to conclusions mat or something? I haven't done very much PvE since vanilla. I was talking about vanilla.

Pretty sure Distracting Shot wasn't in Vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
04/09/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Melix

That's not been my experience.

If you are using the glyph the stampede copies will in fact be based off you active pet's growl; however...

if you enter a dungeon and your active pet has growl ON, THEN you turn it off; the stampede copies will still use growl.

You must first turn off growl, then DISMISS and resummon your pet. For some reason, it does not recognize turning growl off unless you dismiss and resummon.

I use this method and use Stampede every single heroic and never have a problem.

Try it. Enter a heroic with growl on. Turn it off. Dismiss. Resummon. Stampede Pets will no longer growl.

My Cat growl is off before I enter the dg. But one of my pet ( sporebat that I carry with me has growl on because I just tame it, my bad, the rest are all off).

When I stampede, all of my Cat and the copies growl even though it was never on before entering.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Pretty sure Distracting Shot wasn't in Vanilla.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Distracting_Shot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]