They caved on Durumu

90 Pandaren Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568988369#1

You heard it here first.

Interested to see the changes tomorrow (Or tonight if i feel like lfr)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
o.O
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I'm really curious to see how this changes things. It doesn't really help guilds actively progressing through heroics because they've probably mastered the maze pretty well by now but for normal mode guilds it probably makes the difficulty curve of the back half of ToT a bit better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just did it. The maze now proceeds forward from the last safe zone directly, instead of spawning maze parts behind you that you have to move back into and then progress forward from. Also the purple smoke is less tall, and there is less "shifting" as you move forward.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The maze now proceeds forward from the last safe zone directly, instead of spawning maze parts behind you that you have to move back into and then progress forward from

hasn't it always been like that? with the exception of the very first part
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/09/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Ðemolition
The maze now proceeds forward from the last safe zone directly, instead of spawning maze parts behind you that you have to move back into and then progress forward from

That's what I mean, the very first part is changed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
04/09/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Mahourai

That's what I mean, the very first part is changed.

How? Does the first part just spawn with the beam
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
After having to do it twice I'm hilariously having a tougher time seeing the maze proceed, especially when the disintegration beam is about to shut down it seems to stop spawning new maze parts a little too early and cut you off VERY narrowly on the inner track. The people who expect this to be a nerf to the maze phase are in for a rude surprise.

Demolition I'm having a hard time phrasing it but basically the part where the safe zones would spawn behind you doesn't happen. Safe zones open up in the first part of the maze that was generated instead of next to the last one behind the raid.

EDIT:

The most significant changes are performance related - the "shifting" particle effect is reduced and the height of the maze smoke is reduced. I don't consider this in any way a "nerf" to the difficulty of the maze phase, except it more intuitively begins in front of you instead of behind you.
Edited by Mahourai on 4/9/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/09/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Mahourai
After having to do it twice I'm hilariously having a tougher time seeing the maze proceed, especially when the disintegration beam is about to shut down it seems to stop spawning new maze parts a little too early and cut you off VERY narrowly on the inner track. The people who expect this to be a nerf to the maze phase are in for a rude surprise.

Hmm, interesting. Looking forward(?) to it tonight.
Edited by Moggsy on 4/9/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I did it last night (after reset) and both paths through the maze appeared a lot bigger than they did previously. Have screen shots. However, the mini-maze on the trash was bugged, we had two spawn on top of each other so there was no clear area and the add on the first one could not be killed because of line-of-sight area, everyone who got ported in died.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just did it. The maze now proceeds forward from the last safe zone directly, instead of spawning maze parts behind you that you have to move back into and then progress forward from. Also the purple smoke is less tall, and there is less "shifting" as you move forward.

It's always been like that. THe wedges were only there to indicate where the sections form from, you never had to actually move back into wedges.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just did Durumu in LFR a couple of times today. The purple fog now grows in the direction where the beam will rotate.

If I remember correctly, last week, it was filling the room in both directions and met at the beam, and you had to pay attention to where the fog started to pick the side...

So today, before the beam started rotating, there was this big open safe space on one side of the beam where you should start the run.

The beam felt moving faster today, though. I ran the outside path. Today, I had to use speed boost at the end of the beam phase to avoid getting caught by it, even though I was running and casting instant spells the whole time. I didn't need it last week, or maybe I was just lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/09/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Slashlove

It's always been like that. THe wedges were only there to indicate where the sections form from, you never had to actually move back into wedges.

It certainly isn't. The safe zones used to spawn behind you. Now they first spawn in front of you. It doesn't matter one whit how you played the previous iteration, or the current one. It's manifestly a change in how it functions. Additionally as I posted the last time you mentioned this, the safe zones that previously appeared behind you could then proceed to the left or right, creating Eye Sores right on top of the previously empty space in front of them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I'm gonna have to agree with this. It feels like the beam is cutting it way closer to you then it used to also.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Now Im frightened.

We lose more people on farm wipes to straight up being retarded and moving too slow as opposed to eyesores :(
Edited by Ðemolition on 4/9/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/09/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Prunie

I'm gonna have to agree with this. It feels like the beam is cutting it way closer to you then it used to also.

Definitely is. Safe zones appear to stop spawning altogether near the end of the phase.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm guessing, but not sure, that the safe zones are not being revealed at the very end (~5 sec left until Disintegration Beam ends) because of the change to the "swirling" particle effect is causing it to not reveal the final safe area.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I just hope its completely faceroll to players who were good at living through it before, relearning mechanics because of changes is never fun, players generally find specific tricks and visual queues for mechanics when these change it sometimes causes problems, players died a lot to Alysrazor tornadoes after they were slowed down not because it was harder but because it was different.

I guess with the amount of complaints and problems with this mechanic it needed a change though.
Edited by Sabod on 4/9/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If anything this seems likely to increase maze complaints from people who find it impossible to survive the last bit, and from people whose visual cues from the previous "shifting" design are now different.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Additionally as I posted the last time you mentioned this, the safe zones that previously appeared behind you could then proceed to the left or right, creating Eye Sores right on top of the previously empty space in front of them.

That's what I said.
The wedges told you where they spawned from. What they did was guarantee you had a spot to move to - based on where they were. You didn't have to move back into the wedges, because as long as you were by there, you moved into the spot that opened up, frequently never taking a single tick, taking 1 tick if you're slow.

After getting hoem from work, I'll be able to comment on the new stuff.
Edited by Slashlove on 4/9/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]