90 Worgen Druid
Screenshots:
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/9971/wowscrnshot040913211327.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img838/7883/wowscrnshot040913211332.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/7348/wowscrnshot040913211342.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img689/7245/wowscrnshot040913211345.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img407/5657/wowscrnshot040913211401.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/4608/wowscrnshot040913211412.jpg

#1 - the pre-beam is visible in the top left corner, the maze started spawning where you can seee it and around in an anticlockwise direction. I actually started on the pre-beam and followed the purple !@#$%ies (visible here) to get to this position.

#2 - maze continues drawing, real Disintegration Beam forms. There's still no visible entry-point into the maze (although it seems like about where everyone standing there is a little opening)

#3 - Beam catches up to where everyone was standing. Gap opens up ahead of us. At the time I thought I was in the ranged channel, but in fact I'm not: we're in a "middle channel". You can see the melee channel with melee in it, and the empty ranged channel at hte far outside.

#4 - Moving around the middle channel

#5 - Middle channel opened out into the melee channel, so now we're down to 2 channels

#6 - Almost finished. Melee channel is now very big as you can see.

(One-shot!)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Maze opening is actually harder to see now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Is it just me or does the beam move a lot faster?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I can't tell any difference other than the beam moving faster.

I don't think it's fair to say "they caved." They didn't nerf the mechanic, they adjusted a hard-for-some to see visual effect, not really even a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

I don't think it's fair to say "they caved." They didn't nerf the mechanic, they adjusted a hard-for-some to see visual effect, not really even a nerf.

and made it harder to see
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
autumn wtf settings do you use? Because what I was seeing looks nothing like the picture
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
autumn wtf settings do you use? Because what I was seeing looks nothing like the picture

Gigantic Damage meters + raid frames covering 3/4th of their screen
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Seriously, those have well defined walls, what I was seeing was 10x worse purple fog covering the safe area to confuse you than before
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
maze is harder to see on normal than week before
beam moves faster
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Anyone doing ranged zone for normal probably will get a rude surprise when they try it again. Melee zone looked easier though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

and made it harder to see

yes they did. but at least in LFR, the damge from standing in the maze is so low, I just healed through it on my monk and just avoided the lazer and was fine.

edit: omg autumni's ui, omg my eyes
Edited by Nexumus on 4/9/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Anyone doing ranged zone for normal probably will get a rude surprise when they try it again. Melee zone looked easier though.

wiped on him because of ranged zone,
going to learn how to run in melee next raid
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
edit: omg autumni's ui, omg my eyes

:P

Stuff that I want to be able to see while also seeing if I'm standing in fire, is near the middle :)
While healing I don't really care about checking out the graphics model for Durumu or whatever.
Edited by Autumni on 4/9/2013 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
On 25m if you have enough Druids you probably could chain stampeding roar for those without speed boosts on normal. Though that could mess up those with speed boosts and 10m can't do it anyways probably.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Guess it's just me then. I thought the maze on lfr is considerably easier this week than it was last week.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

This is nearly top-down mouse view btw, if you have standard camera position it looks quite different.

My graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 5600 series. Graphics using DX11. Settings are:
Display Mode: Windowed
Multisampling: 1x
Vsync: Disabled
Texture Resolution: Custom
Texture Filtering: 4x Anisotropic
Projected Textures: Enabled
Environment (all options): Good
Shadow Quality: Low
Liquid Detail: Good
Sunshafts: High
Particle Density: Good
SSAO: Low

I played on Ultra for almost everything, up until this raid tier, had to turn it down to avoid cruddy frame rates on some fights.
Reply Quote
26 Pandaren Monk
is it just me or the beam move a lot faster? Slow opening > beam moves faster, somehow i can sense it moves a lot faster now VS last week. "Regular 10man"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
is it just me or the beam move a lot faster? Slow opening > beam moves faster, somehow i can sense it moves a lot faster now VS last week. "Regular 10man"

And the openings stop at the end so you either take eye sore damage or let the beam kill you. It was better before but I assume we will have to adjust since it's probably not going to change for quite a while (if at all).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The beam felt moving faster today, though. I ran the outside path. Today, I had to use speed boost at the end of the beam phase to avoid getting caught by it, even though I was running and casting instant spells the whole time. I didn't need it last week, or maybe I was just lucky.

They made the beam move faster to compensate for the maze opening up faster. Yay for SW:P spam! :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So far, I'm seeing LFR wipe on Durumu as much as before. The maze is just a bad mechanic for a pick-up group. It's really counter-intuitive, and the changes to the maze just make the safe area less noticeable...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]